“Great choice for Sentosa”

W Singapore Sentosa Cove
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Singapore, Singapore
“Great choice for Sentosa”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Stayed at the W Sentosa for a couple of nights. Great view of the marina and sea. Still very new so staff still not very polished yet and a bit lost at times. Overall a very hip and modern hotel in the residential part of the Sentosa island, so no beach access as compared with the rest of resorts in Sentosa. There are few restaurants opening soon at the complex next to the hotel which will offer many dining choices apart from those in the hotels.

But I find the room design a bit too carried away especially the feather wall light and the colour combination. Overall, excellent hotel especially the pool and the pool bar. The lounge at the lobby also serves very interesting whisky cocktails.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 26 December 2012
Hello H118,

Glad te read you have enjoy your stay. Just would like to inform you that 4 restaurants are already open next to us!

Looking forward to welcome you again.

Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Had a short weekend stay at peak season but still very relaxing with excellent service great sea views and great room. Many nice touches like toys for kids at pool and floating sun loungers...tried both the restaurants which are excellent. Great shop with local designers like ling wu....

Room Tip: Book soon and choose those with sea view
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Hello yML17,

Thanks for your feedback and your support! Looking forward to see you back soon...

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 28 November 2012

While I was at this hotel I did not know whether I was a a hotel or a bath house. I really prefer W Hotels but the staff here came across as very promiscuous and uncaring. In fact I remember a woman named Lolita, asked me if I had a girlfriend, at that point I was very nervous. Then even freely asked my Facebook, just very unprofessional and poorly represents a hotel I had high prospects for. Is there no dress code or code of ethics at this establishment for the employees? Do they not screen their employees better? The room was okay; however, the people who run the hotel. Do the people they hire here have any work experience at all?!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 1 December 2012
Hello Victor L,

I'm sorry to learn you have not enjoyed your stay with us. I can assure you that our employees goes thru tremendous training to be able to deliver a true W experience. While our rercruitment for employees is very selective, we had to make a few re alignment with some team talents. The person you are referring was with us at the beginning and is not part of our organization anymore since October. I do hope you will give us a second chance to stay with us soon.

Sussex, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2012

We chose to stay at W in Singapore and never did we realise that it transformed our (my) poorly planned trip into a marvellous one. This hotel is new and definitely engulfs you into it the moment you step in. From the moment we got down at the driveway, not to mention the gruelling ordeal from our flight and travel time, we were greeted with smiles, absolute politeness and charming personalities. Our ride was surrounded by staff waiting in anticipation to get us out and into the hotel. Not sure how they knew us, but my spouse and I were greeted by names. That blew us away. Astounding but Wow!!!
Even though we were in the queue, Check-in was very prompt and efficient. Staff could have smiled genuinely (my spouse's claim) as it was a quick smile and back to the screen, maybe in an effort to get us our room in the shortest possible time, but that left us with 2 different opinions. We went for good. I know it’s the 'W' but the lady (manager maybe) could have managed her hair proper. She looked stressed.
The ambience was gorgeous. The piped in music in the elevators and around the surrounding interior, added theme to the hotel. Not forgetting the marvellous scent that seemed to float around. You will realise this when you get back in the hotel.
Dining was pleasant during breakfast but staff needs to be trained (language wise) as we had to repeat our requests more than thrice, it was alright in the beginning but became annoying after the initial day. The spread was amazing. Choices were plenty. Well thought of. The other diner was amazing. We thought that the only bar was at the lobby and that is awesome by itself. But the Skirt had one tucked right in it, excluding the pool bar. A subtle bar I should say. The host was pleasant, the ambience relaxed and the steak was amazing.
The spa, pool and gym on the ground level were cleverly thought of. My wife and I loved the spa. We both agreed that it felt tranquil. Pool was spacious. Lots of sun (mostly in the morning as it rains in the afternoon in Singapore) and decks for you to bask and hammocks and you feel like being in the Caribbean.
I reserved this comment for the end of my review and that is with regards to the room that we stayed in. My wife and I have trouble sleeping elsewhere in general and we stereotyped this stay as well with less sleep and adequate fun. We were proved wrong. The bedding is simply exceptional. It was pleasure (sleeping) beyond anything. We were coaxed to siestas but had to make full use of our sightseeing tour and had to forgo but to look forward to that experience later. Housekeeping did a great job in the room but it would have been better, if they would acknowledge our presence when we walked past them. Shy maybe? Not sure. Internet connection was good and stable. Lighting to suit your mood, rain shower and amenities were all a definite plus. The remote for the sound system and other gadgets in the room would need self discovery. But we gave it 10/10 as the room itself with the gorgeous view of the Marina pampered us.
Lastly we want to reserve our big thank you to the staff and management for making our stay a fabulous one. Couple of names/team on our list would include the and whenever team, where you dial '0' and everything happens, Melissa for being very accommodating, bubbly and cheerful. Trisna from the spa who my wife recommends as being one of the best masseuse she ever had, the team by the pool, the Skirt team, the boys at the entrance, Suresh, the gentleman at the driveway who was always engaging, knowledgeable and very professional. Giving us tips and ideas to get around and make full use of our trip. When we arrived he sent us to the elevator to check-in and asked us for a favour. And that favour he requested was for us to enjoy our stay. I said "We'll try". Well....We did more than enjoy. We loved it. And will be back for more. Thank you W.

Room Tip: Be nice to the staff.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Hello alfieismyname,

Thank you for such a great feedback! I'm very glad to see you have enjoy your stay with us. I really appreciate your feedback on the team as i know they are trying hard and your comments will motivate them to do even better! Hope to see you back soon in Sentosa!

Reviewed 21 November 2012

W Singapore Sentosa Cove is more like chic boutique hotel, personally I like W bali interior more, but I bet the girls would like W singapore, from the moment we enter the lobby we are greet by 'kryptonite' lighting beside the ladder going to the lobby , or you can choose using 'glass' lift , then we see the spacious yet modern and chic interior sofa , then when you come in to the room , you can literally change the lamp colour , from purple, green, orange and so on. The bed is very nice as W standard. The best thing is the breakfast, it s really delicious , try the egg benedict and the desert also really really nice. Swimming pool is huge (nicer than W Bali) and also the spa facility really outstanding.

Tips : check out the marina yacth behind the hotel, it really doesnt feels like we re in singapore

Cons : The location , it s pretty far from city , especially if you like to shop , other than that , I can't complain at all , it s W quality hotel

Room Tip: ask for the marina view , it s really nice view
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Hello Henri W,

Thanks for your feedback, Glad to read you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Right from the get-go the service was nothing but amazing. I waited just a couple minutes at the check-in and was greeted with smiles. They were very accommodating with my needs of having lots of water in the room and a late check out of 4pm. I had my upgraded room all ready for me too. This new W property definitely lives up to the chain's image and is probably the best looking hotel I've been so far. The view of the harbour was astounding. Outdoor pool was awesome. Breakfast at the Kitchen Table was superb. One problem (or positive for some) would be that the hotel is located at Ocean's park which is highly residential and far away from all the action. I would recommend this hotel any time to anyone!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Hello Steven C,

Glad to read your feedback! Just to inform you that 4 restaurants are now open just walking distance from the hotel. That's offer more option to our customers.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Excellent property except complaints later below.
The newly opened W here lives up to the chains image. Excellent pool, masterful use of lighting, plush environs. Luxe, vibrant,pulsating,cosmopolitan.
Heated outdoor pool awesome, open till 10pm.

Stay was marred by
1. check-in : the did not have the room ready even past 4 pm. Stated check-in of 3pm already late by normal hotel standards. Can be overlooked as teething problem.

2. Breakfast : breakfast restaurant woefully unable to handle capacity crowd hotel. dining area must be increased, this to me is a design flaw. Totally unacceptable that it is unable to accomodate all guests. Waiting to be seated, being ushered to an already occupied table, having my coffee order immediately forgotten, joining line of increasingly impatient guests at the eggs station and all of us crowding out other ppl from the buffet spread....totally ruined the day. Just dine in room.

Room Tip: ask for pool facing rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Hello Ranvier1980,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm pleased to inform you that we are opening since end of November our second restaurant SKIRT for breakfasts providing a much better experience to our guests.

Hope you will give us a second chance to stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island