“Meet the expectation for overall of services, staffs are friendly and polite”

W Singapore Sentosa Cove
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

This is a W style which makes me feel defference comparing the other of 5 stars.

The decoration of this hotel very unique , my room located on 4th FL facing the pool and yacht club , nice view !!

Here is absolutely for new young generation ppl , you can enjoy the large pool until in late night which so lifely and sexy , as well as a pool's toy are available for playing not only for a child

Working staffs here were polite and always say hi to us everywhere you walking within hotel area ,

Breakfast at The table kitchen restaurant also nice , varity and tasty . I love grilled bacon here

• Stayed: December 2012
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Hello Yossakorn,

Thanks for your support, I highly value your feedback as a senor Contributor to Tripadvisor!

Best Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (2,036)

Reviewed 31 December 2012

The W Singapore Away Room seem to be possibly the best luxury spot for a staycation for my family. After a very long and tiring 2012, I needed a break that would fit my family of 4 including a 2 month old and a 5 year old.

The Private Plunge Pool seem to be the perfect surprise for my 5 year old as she enjoys swimming privately with her mum and dad. The room was surprisingly spacious and comfortable. The food at the Kitchen Table was fine but the service from the staff was excellent. Wasn't expected to be WOWed by my overall experience because of the reviews I am reading here but generally I m very please with my stay.

W Hotel Singapore seem to be targeting more towards the young tastemakers who enjoys a luxury lifestyle destination and I have to say that it lives up to the expectation. But the management has to understand that young tastemakers who enjoys a luxury experience to do get married and do have children. Maybe some of the services could be tweak a little to make it slightly more family friendly and yet being a hip and sexy spot for parents to have their children to tag along.

One more feedback that I hope the GM Stephane Fabregoul would really consider is to have a higher frequency of bus transport to fetch and bring their guest to Resorts World Sentosa and maybe extend it to the Beach Station( which is currently lacking). Though a walk from Cove Arrival Plaza to the W Hotel would be nice on a good weather but I had a really bad experience with the rain(especially when it rains a lot in Singapore), alternatively i would suggest the management to consider having a high frequency transportation between W Hotel and Cove Arrival Plaza to maintain the high luxury experience.

My daughter is looking forward to return and we may do so after all.

Room Tip: Away rooms are great because it comes with a private plunge pool but located on the ground level.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Hello danialharis,

Thanks for your comments and your suggestion,

The shuttle schedule have been reviewed a few times to cater to our guests expectations. We are still receiving feedback and might adjut it within the next few month. We do provide also transfer to Sentosa Cove Arrival Plaza with our buggy. This is on request and based on availability.

Looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

Thumb Up especially for The Kitchen Table staffs. During dinner, The Kitchen Table staffs provided free cake & unlimited desserts when they discovered that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. My Beloved Dear Dear mentioned to the The Kitchen Table staff that he likes "kopi" and commented that no gourmet coffee taste like those coffee shop kopi. The next morning, the staff specially brewed the "kampong style" kopi for him. He even found out my name from the hotel room computer system and gave me a surprise gourmet coffee with my name written on it.
Everyone that served us during our 2 nights stay provided us excellent services, from the reception, the lounge, The Kitchen Table, the Whatever Whenever services, have truly made our special moment memorable.
It is not just about the fabulous hotel ambience, people attitude do counts.
Keep it up! W Singapore!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shanie_t

Hello Shanie_t

Appreciate your wow comments and your support, Our talents passion is to surprise our guests. I'm glad to see, in your cae, we made it!.

Hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 29 December 2012

Checked into the hotel on Christmas eve and stayed till Boxing day. I called up the hotel 3 to 4 days prior to my check in and requested for a baby crib and sterilizer to be placed in my room upon check-in, but this request was not followed up and I had to call them to do so when I checked into the room. The items did not arrive till 1/2 hr later, so I was disappointed. To make it worse, the crib that arrived was totally unsuitable for my 8 mth old baby. The mattresss was so low, one had to literally bend over entirely just to put the baby in. The railings were also exposed and not bounded by a cushion bumper surrounding it. This was a big no-no for a crawling baby who will knock her head against the metal railings. It was obvious that who ever made the orders for the baby crib was not a parent himself or herself and had decided on an impractical baby crib for the hotel. W Hotel is not just a hotel for funky singles with no families in tow. Increasingly, it is frequented by families with very young kids, so this is an issue that needs to be addressed if W Singapore needs to attract a wider range of travellers. I raised the issue with a lady with long hair who was assisting at the Whatever Whenever desk who noted it down on paper. However, she failed to follow up on the matter as she had promised,so this was another disappointment. My whole family did not have a good sleep throughout the stay as the crib was not available for use and my baby refused to sleep on the bed in between us. We had stayed at another hotel in the Marina area earlier in the year but we did not face this problem at all as they had a suitable baby crib with a suitable cushion bumper and even toiletries for the baby. What a nice touch ! I cannot say the same for W Singapore however.The pillows were also too soft for our liking. Can we consider a pillow menu here?

Check in was also slow as there was absolutely no coordination between the bellboy and the Welcome desk. My luggage took more than 1/2hr to get to my room. It only did so after 2 phonecalls and by then, my baby was crying as the milk bottles were in the luggage which arrived extremely late.

There was a good spread of food during breakfast at the Kitchen,however it was obvious that the staff at the dim sum and noodles counter were not coping well. People were crowding all over the counter and the food took a long time to get to us as there was no system to ensure who gets their food first.This is an area that needs immediate attention as it was obvious that the staff manning the area were not coping well as they appeared to be constantly flustered by the never-ending orders coming in. When I took a walk outside the Kitchen, I was appalled to see the sight of leftover food in the open area and flies were everywhere. As the staff was busy, I noticed that the leftover food was not cleared until a long while later. The staff just did a quick wipe and did not even bother to sanitise the tables a little. The same was done with the baby chairs which were left in a stack in the open area. I shudder to think how dirty the baby chair was when my baby sat on it !!!

As an SPG member, I expected to have some extra perks during my stay, but this was sadly missing. I really have to think twice about returning to W Singapore for another stay as it was a BIG let down as service was really not up the so called W standard. I had deliberately waited a few months after its opening to stay here so that they would have more time to address any teething issues. W Singapore obviously needs more time to settle in and raise their service standards to be on par with comparable 5 star hotels in the Marina area. Till then, I would not consider staying at W Singapore till it has accomplished that.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Hello Kichi555,

I'm sorry to lear about your disappointment. I have shared your comments with the concerned department. Regarding the baby crib, we follow our international standards and we don't keep anything else in in the crib for safety reason. I like your suggestion regarding the baby amenities and it will be implemented soon.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Currently staying at W Singapore. Welcome was sensational and every staff member so far shows a great desire to please. The breakfast was perfect. A high quality buffet, with the food cooked and presented to perfection and all with fresh ingredients. An lovely extra touch is the staff coming around and offering unique special dishes.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Hello Aussietraveller244,

Thanks for such a great feedback, looking forward to welcome you again soon

Reviewed 27 December 2012

Wanted to try out W hotel after hearing many rave reviews about it. Hotel room is quite pricey but I got a better deal booking it direct from the W hotel website than on the booking agencies webpages.

Booked the spectacular room and was upgraded up for free, which was nice. Hotels decor and styling is fun and quirky. Hotel room is decent. There is an awesome sound system, Ipod docking station and they even have a speaker in the bathroom. They have a nice floral pattern above the bed, and you can change the colour of it (programmed light switches) depending on your mood. There is a glass panel that opens out to the main bedroom from the bathtub.. Had a nice view of the marina and we chilled out on the balcony for the most part... Breakfast buffet at kitchen table was good, they had a selection of sausages, cheese, ham, bacon, various styles of eggs ( benedict, scrambled.. you name it), as well as some local food. Also decent selection of pastries, fruit and bread.

Bad points were: Our showerhead was leaking, service was very slow ( we had asked for an ice bucket etc but they took more than half an hour to come. When I called the helpdesk ( whenever whatever), sometimes there was no answer despite trying a couple of times. We stayed on the 7th floor and when we were at the balcony it started to rain... the balcony isnt sheltered above so that was a waste because it would be nice to enjoy the rainy breeze on the balcony.

Hotel location is at sentosa cove and there are a couple of up and coming shops nearby. There is a Jasons supermarket, wine company and a few bars that are aready open so you can enjoy those amenities too..

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Hello Shruthi,

Thanks for your commennts. Appreciate you comments on the room and the breakfast. Your feedback back on the Whatever/Whenever and engineering service will be shared with the concerned managers. We were quite busy on this week-end due to Zouk out party but we will adjust the team to make sure it doesn't re occure again.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

Booked Marvelous Suite for Christmas countdown and once again W Hotel has proven to me that the well-known top notch quality is being maintained worldwide, even for a newly opened location.
The WOW factor starts as soon as you arrive at the hotel, visual and aural pleasure are the welcome teasers as you are being ushered in by very friendly staffs to this fashionably designed hotel. Check in was efficiently done and took me approximately 7 minutes, with useful tips given regarding the facilities and complimentary shuttle bus services.
Marvelous Suite is definitely a great choice for a luxurious indulgence. It’s very spacious, chic and great view from the bedroom which has direct access to the spacious balcony. A perfect place to host a party. The excellent Bose sound systems equipped in both living and bedroom areas really enhance the W experience, not to forget the value-added service I received from one of the staffs named Guna, which really made my day, besides the complimentary late check out assisted by Cindy and Aini. As you can see now, I had enjoyed every aspect of W Sentosa Cove, from the “hardware” to “software”!

Room Tip: Tips - Highly recommended Marvelous Suite : Corner unit, spacious balcony with an excellent sea view...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Hello IbizaLover_east,

Thanks for your support, looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Hard Rock Hotel Singapore
#10 of 13 in Sentosa Island
Marina Bay
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#38 of 317 in Singapore

Been to W Singapore Sentosa Cove? Share your experiences!