“Fun, Excellent!”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
KL
“Fun, Excellent!”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I really liked the excellent service and the quiet room and atmospheric beat elsewhere. The theme is fun and irreverent. Read the various things written on the amenities and you will smile.

Only issues: the Bose sound system required to operate the TV could be better explained. I had to make a call for help as I couldn't figure it out. But once I figured it out, it was the best sound system I have ever heard in a hotel room. Also, the shower door allowed water to flow out under it and that wet the bathroom floor. Minor issues in an otherwise excellent stay. This gem was worth the discovery.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Hello KT785,
I am pleased that you had an enjoyable time at the hotel.
I will certainly take your comments for improvement.
Look forward to seeing you again.
Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 March 2013

It was a first for us at a W hotel, renowned for its luxury and exclusivity.
We brought our 8 & 5 year olds along. We stayed 1 night over the Valentine's Day weekend.
The room was spacious and the deco was innovative and fun. There was so much attention to details!
We spent our afternoon at the W lounge, enjoying the English sipping high tea.
Wished we had booked another night's stay there to thoroughly enjoy this wonderful experience!
We will be back again!

Room Tip: Request for a bay facing room to get the best view.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank caseySG
StephaneFabregoul, Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Hello Casey,
Thank you for your comment; this is great that you have a wonderful time at the hotel, I am so glad to hear that!
Hope to see you again soon!
Best regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 March 2013

My partner and I enjoyed the fabulous room stay with your hotel between 1st to 3rd March. We loved the exclusivity, round-the-clock gym and heated pools (love those floating mats on the pools), the room amenities, very comfortable beds and balcony with great view of the cove, good breakfast and shuttle services, and many more.

However, one major gripe during the stay, was the lax policy about non-resident stays. On the 2nd night of our stay (we were on 5th floor), we saw 2 units with private pools on the first floor having private party. The number of people in the room are over 8 people. It was fine early the night, but the party extended till 1.30am. We made 2 calls at 11.00pm and 11.45pm to "whatever and whenever" to inform them that the two private pool units were making plenty of noises, screaming, blowing champagnes and clapping loudly that we could hear it from our room.

We personally approached the counter around 1.00am, asked if there is any policies or enforcement done to control such situation when 2 rooms of residents had private parties and made a lot of noise, but there wasn't any assurance. Losing 1 night of good rest in a hotel stay is probably one of the worst thing that could happen to any one having a vacation/weekend stay with a hotel, especially a highly-rated hotel.

The resident policies of W-Singapore shouldn't be as lax as NTUC operated chalets. We even took pictures of the parties in the 2 private pool units, which shows 6 people gathering in and by the pool at 1.25am.

Quoting an example; my recent stay with Capella Singapore, same incident happened where a room were having private party and making a lot of noise. The security were sent to escort non-residents of the room by 11.30pm, shuttle bus were provided to escort them out of hotel. That would be what I expect from paying for a 5-star hotel room stay. There should be a stringent enforcement when other residents have been obviously disturbed by the noise from particular room.

While we liked everything else in and out, and about W-Singapore, I found it hard to recommend to others or to return for another stay until some more stringent policies have been made as assurance to prevent a bad night rest at the hotel. Past 4 hotels we have stayed since the beginning of 2013, this is the first time we have this problem, and it's with W-hotel unfortunately.. and they didn't want to post up this review on their website anyway.

Room Tip: Higher floors preferred for better views. Private pools ain't really private.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank North_Kho
Hello North Kho,
Thank you for your feedback provided. I am very sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with us during your recent stay. I have investigated the matter regarding the incident mentioned in your review, and have implemented measures to ensure the comfort and safety of our in-house guests are not jeopardised.
I have shared this with my team and you will be pleased to know that we are actively monitoring such situations that may occur and have taken steps to enhance positive guests’ experience in the hotel.
Please give us another chance to WOW you. Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Best Regards,
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 7 March 2013

My family and I spent 4 nights at the W Hotel Singapore in February. You would expect with the reputation of this brand, that customer service would be their priority. Lower your expectations if you ever decide to stay at this hotel. We had booked 4 rooms and arrived at the hotel at around 4:30pm. Given standard check-in time is 3pm, we would expect a room to be waiting for us upon arrival. Well, only 2 rooms were available and we were forced to wait another 30-60 for the other 2 rooms!! The rooms were very clean and the design very modern but the service is extremely poor, I think their staff requires retraining on good customer service.

My wife had requested a baby cot for our 6-month old prior to our arrival and when we arrived, the staff had confirmed that one would be delivered to our room. After dinner when we got back to the hotel at 10pm, there was no baby cot in sight. I went to the front desk to complain and the staff had told me the cot was malfunctioning and for safety reasons, required some repairs. I asked if they only had one baby cot in the entire hotel and he said the repairs are finished now and the cot will be delivered to our room. At the same time, my wife had told me that the baby cot was actually in my sister's room. The guy at the front desk just lied in my face. I requested to speak with the manager, she explained that the hotel was at capacity and that they did not have enough staff to clean the rooms and have baby cots delivered in which I replied, "Is that my problem? Is that what I'm paying top dollar for this hotel?" She told me she would escalate my concerns to Senior Management and provide an explanation before I leave. After 4 days at the hotel and almost a month from leaving Singapore, I'm still waiting.

The W Hotel is quite isolated from the general tourist area in Sentosa. They do offer a shuttle service to Resorts World. Unless you plan to just stay at the hotel, prepare to spend a lot on taxi fare if you decide to head into the city or downtown area. Average is about S$50 for one way.

I would say that based on my experience, there are significantly better hotels in Sentosa. Try the Capella, excellent service and high quality rooms.

Room Tip: Very far from the city. Book a taxi in advance or you will be waiting a very long time. Not a plac...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank TinyTimHK
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Hello TinyTimHK,

Thanks for your feedback,

I'm sorry to learn that you have not enjoy your stay with us recently during the festive season. Our check-in takes normally a few minutes but mainly due to the last minute requirement of having all the rooms on the same floor. As we were running on very high occupancy, we couldn't find all the room available on the same floor at the same time. Your comments have been shared with the team and corrective actions have been taken to make sure thiose king of incident don't happen again.
We do provide shuttle service every hour to our guests to Vivocity. Taxi fare to go to the city is around 15 to 20 dollars for a normal cab. You can also use a maxi cab for 5 to 6 pax and the fare will be around 45/50SGD.
Rest assure of our full commitment for driving high guests satisfaction.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We stayed there last month for our anniversary and were rewarded with a amazing experience. The staff are extremely helpful and go out of their way to attend to the guest requests. The deco is funky and very interesting and keeps one occupied. The rooms were excellent, linen and sleep quality fantastic. Dining options for a vegetarian a little limited, however the staff went out of their way to ensure that we got a good meal. Thoughtful gestures on the part of the hotel, like free drinks and chocolate coated grapes in the room for our anniversary greatly appreciated,

Room Tip: Dining options for a vegetarian- India, are limited
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello ravi15000,

Nice to see that you had an happy Anniversary with us at the W Singapore!

Reviewed 5 March 2013

I stayed here for 1 night on a recent stop over in Singapore and was sad to leave. The hotel is amazing and the attention to detail was second to none. The staff are all very helpful and the food was great..

Will be back again next time I am in Singapore!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Hello SunnyCoastLocal,

Thanks for your amazing feedback. Your comments will be shared with the team as this is the best way to motivate them.

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Stayed at W Hotel for 1 Night in the Marvelous Suite. Upon check in to the room, I was gushing and behaving like a kid, in awe with the suite size, the bed, the balcony ( it was abit wet actually, I think the housekeeping forgets to turn down the chairs and it was completely drenched. I got wet but I didnt care. There are 2 toilets, (one in living room area and the other, in the attached bathroom away from the centralised bath tub) and the bathtub were wonderful, kind of like the jets like function and I got to bring home all the bathroom supplies. And its not those miniatures one that hotel's gave but the nomal bottle sized one. Woo bar features and incredible sitting area but too bad I guess its on the weekdays so not much crowds were in sight. The restaurant is okay but I dont eat pork or the meats so I coldnt comment much.
The Pool - Heavenly enuf said.
All in all, staying in W hotel invites incredible and amazing experience.

Room Tip: Choose the suites if you have the $$$$$$..
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello Siti8183,

Looking at your review, you had a lot of fun and that's great! W Singapore is a fun place to stay, mix and mingle with friends and enjoy our passion points such as design, music and fashion.

Hope you will come back very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#35 of 308 in Singapore
4.0 of 5 bubbles 21,316 reviews

Been to W Singapore Sentosa Cove? Share your experiences!