“Wow is the word!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of W Singapore Sentosa Cove

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
W Singapore Sentosa Cove
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
“Wow is the word!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

After being totally bowled over by W Resort & Spa in Seminyak, Bali, we were contemplating whether to give the Sentosa Cove property a try. Although we both prefer Seminyak, they are a little different, so perhaps a direct comparison would not be fair (or maybe stay at Sentosa Cove then do Seminyak!).

As always, the service is excellent when they're not too busy, they can get very busy, so at times the lobby and breakfast were completely packed, and we waited quite a while for the keys to our room because reception were pretty overwhelmed.

In correspondence with the hotel over our reservation I mentioned that it was our wedding anniversary, and they took the initiative to send us a cake. A lovely surprise! They also upgraded us to a room that overlooks the pool and harbour, and if you're on a holiday that's probably the way to go, otherwise you won't look out to anything much.

A few practicalities: if like us you have kids who love to swim - the pool gets both morning and afternoon sun so it's the perfect pool! They only have 2 baby bath tubs, so if you really need one you might be in trouble, they do provide decent baby cots but no baby amenities (not that I was expecting any). There are so many great restaurants within walking distance of the hotel so it was easy for us to feed our toddlers and get them out for some walks.

Overall I do think its a great stay for children because it provides such a visual treat (even changing the light schemes in the room), and there are so many tactile elements for them to explore. They also provide floats, tubes and water guns at the pool, and the pool is very well staffed.

A wonderful stay :)

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank MumsEd
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Hello MumsED,
Thank you for your nice feedback. I am glad to know you had a memorable time with us for your wedding anniversary!
We are always working to provide excellent personal services to our guests; your comments will be shared with the team and I believe this will be the best way to motivate them.
Look forward to welcoming you again!
Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel during the March school holiday since we have no intention to travel oversea during this period. Our package include free packing, complimentary breakfast and 2 glasses of welcome drink at the Woo Bar. Though check in time is 3pm but we are able to check in by 2pm as the room was ready by then. We had the spectacular room with balcony facing the Marina. The room was spacious to accommodate a roll over for my boy. Bathroom facilities was great especially the rainforest shower. My boy liked the spacious bath tub and enjoyed his bath. As the hotel is situated in Sentosa cove, it is more remote than hotels at the RWS which made it more enjoyable, away from the crowd. The wet pool is great for kids and pool floats, water guns and squirter are provided. Sun tanned lotion and ice water were provided for the guests at the swimming pool too. Free shuttle bus was provided at certain timing to RWS, Vivocity and Ion Orchard as well which made travelling out of the resort convenient. There are few restaurants at the Quayside Isle to choose from if the guest preferred to have their meals at nearby. Overall, it was a pleasant and relaxing staycation and definitely hoped to stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose room with balcony.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Freesia_77
Hello Freesia_77
Thank you for your feedback, I am glad to read that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us!
Please do come again and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

Travelled to Singapore on a business trip recently and stayed at the W Singapore.

Firstly, making a reservation is quite a task as they have an In-house reservations team and an external reservations team and there seems to be a huge communication gap between the two.

The stay was wonderful but at the end of the stay I was billed twice as they had not cancelled the non-guaranteed reservation. They of course refunded the amount but you wouldn't expect a hotel of this standard to be disorganized.

Having said that, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: There isn't much difference between the Wonderful and the Fabulous room categories, take a look...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Hello Shiringuadros,
Thank you for your feedback and I am glad you enjoyed staying with us.
I am sorry with regards to billing your twice, I have shared with my team about this and they will be more careful and it should not be happening again. My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Hope to see you soon again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

Initially while reading the reviews before the booking of the W Singapore, I was quite skeptical about what I should expect. Decided to give it a try and it was worth it!

The room was good, spacious and clean. Lots of quirky little tag-lines that just spells W's identity at one glance. Whatever and Whenever was excellent. They delivered items needed promptly and was always very chirpy and friendly on the phone. Good job Cindy and Melissa! Breakfast at The Kitchen Table was of sufficient range. But just a side note, the food was slightly cold despite it being under the heat lamps and warmer. The talents there were all very friendly. Loved the atmosphere!

Just a downside, while I was checking in on March 19 a female staff which I didn't get to catch her name; was really rude. Maybe cause I wasn't dressed to the nines. She was really rude despite my attempt to tell her it was a surprise party and was unable to get the second name registered. She practically was snobbish. Maybe cause I am not of a age she would want to take me seriously. It was really horrible to have to face that kind of talent. She didn't even attampt to smile or make eye contact.

But the overall was so awesome! Other talents and the whole hotel was really really beautiful. Definitely will come again!

P.S: it's a little far in the expected, slightly inaccessible.

• Stayed March 2013
Hello CharleneLQL,
Thank you for your feedback, it is indeed very nice to know you had such a lovely stay with us. We as W hotel aim to provide excellent services to all of our guests.
To response to your comments of one of our talent, I am sorry to hear what happened and I have shared your comment with my team, this is simply not acceptable and we will take your comment seriously for improvement.
Look forward to seeing you again!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights on Jan 1st and 2nd. We tend to stay at St Regis when we come to Singapore. This time, my wife suggested to give W a try. I must say we had some reservations given some of the comments we read prior to our arrival. However, it was a very pleasant surprise. Check-in was very efficient. The only glitch I had was I didn't get my Financial Times for my morning paper. When mentioned to Nono at the front desk, it was arranged right away with a big smile. I must say Nono epitomizes what hospitality should be. Another person I would like to commend is the door man - name escapes me now - who is originally from Philipines.

As a SPG Gold member, we got upgraded to a high floor room that overlooks the pool and the Marina. Excellent view with tranquility as opposed to the hustle and bustle from the city. That being said, in exchange, we had to live with limited selection of eating establishments. Given the national passion of eating, I am sure that will change very quickly.

Overall, we loved our stay in this fabulous property. I wish we had the time to use the facility and walked the board walk. And will return definitely.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor if you like quietness.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Hello Ttje,
Thank you for such a wonderful review, I really appreciate your support.
We constantly strive to provide excellent yet personal service to our guests. I will certainly share your feedback with my team and I am sure it will be the best way to motivate them!
Look forward to seeing you again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Booked a 3D2N stay end of last year for a family vacation. Several emails to the hotel went unanswered, have to end up calling to get through. Experience at the hotel was much better, with very attentive staff at the lobby who is always ready to offer assistance even though I did not ask! Request to set up a cot for my baby had to be reminded before we get it done though. Hotel is lovely, loved the room, the smell, the sight, though it is a little far out from all the action of Sentosa (even our 5 months old is visibly happy when he is rolling about on bed). When Quayside Isle is fully opened, I think it will be more lively at night. Meantime, you can enjoy the peace and quiet and pretend you are living in the most expensive land in Singpaore - Sentosa Cove!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank WanderLSG
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Hello Dawn T,

Thank you for your feedback. Glad to read you had a nice stay with us. I am very sorry about your bad experience with regards to responding to your emails. It is unacceptable and I have shared with my team that it should not happen again. Many apologies for not getting your request sorted this was due to the high occupancy during your stay with us. I hope you give us another chance to WOW you.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Best Regards,
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

Though the location could be out of the way for shoppers, if you are looking for relaxation away from the hustle and bustle of city life, this hotel is it. The interiors of this hotel is just amazing - from the sculptures on display to the ceiling pieces to the combination of couch pillows. The amenities were no less than BLISS - which is pure heaven. However, the bed and pillows were a bit too soft for my taste. Breakfast at the Kitchen Table was great.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Hello Altitude 66,

Thank you for your feedback. Nice to know you had an enjoyable time with us!

Look forward to welcoming you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#34 of 308 in Singapore
4.0 of 5 bubbles 20,765 reviews

Been to W Singapore Sentosa Cove? Share your experiences!