“Great property that needs tweaking for better service”

W Singapore Sentosa Cove
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Hyderabad, India
“Great property that needs tweaking for better service”
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

We booked Two rooms for the 3 night for Ester weekend. On arrival at 03.00 pm the check in time we were made to wait one an hour to get our rooms ready to move in. We're given some freebie vouchers for the Woo bar (more later on the Woo) and a spa discount ( more on the spa too later). Great looking contemporary marina facing rooms. However the shower in one room was fixed the wrong way hot instead of cold. The daily room cleaning service was inefficient and the room was done only one ay out of the 3 nights we stayed. Great pool, the Woo bar had an amazing eclectic selection of spice infused Vodka, whiskey n many more for the adventurous spirited taster. Great service there too, DJ all nights playing decent music. The Away spa was very very well designed and the whole experience was great but for the fact that they were not issuing disposable Jocks which is very surprising at a high end resort property. Go with your trunks or jocks to avoid embarrassment. The reception n masseuse are well trained and had a wonderful Balinese spa experience, worth tipping the staff well.
Just outside is the Marina Bay where there are a plethora of decent eateries. Great board walk to walk run long board or cycle. The resort has limited cycles always in demand. The breakfast at buffet wad elaborate and tasty. Everyone will find something they like. The fruit n juices were a delight. On the whole we had one of our best family vacation at the W

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Hello Jaytee,

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad to know you had one of the best family vacations with us! That’s wonderful.

In regards to your comments of our housekeeping (style) and bathroom tap, I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Your comments will be shared with my team for improvement. But still I am glad to know you enjoyed so much with us.

Look forward to welcoming you again.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Conclusion: Great property for a taste of Sentosa lifestyle. Newly built so all new facilities. Still have some teething problems to work out with regards to service.

This stay: 4 nights. Upgraded to marina facing room (all suites occupied for Chinese New Year). Overall design and interior decor is modern, consistent with W globally. Everything works well inside the room. Bed and bedding standard W hotel (very nice). Location - if you want a taste of Sentosa Island lifestyle, this is perfect. A stroll around the Marina, hanging out peacefully, etc. It's not the preferred location if you want to go in and out of Singapore city center. But it is what is it and it's not good nor bad. (for example, I stayed in two hotels - W and St Regis - for couple nights each - to get a taste of both lifestyles). Facilities are outstanding (Swimming pool (oustanding++), gym, restaurants). Service can improve a bit, especially when it comes to speedy check in and check out. I waited half an hour to check in (they were busy with other guests as well, I think they were just slow). Also need better organization with check-in, check-out counter. There are no lines! (i have made a suggestion that perhaps they can make a line during busy times, otherwise, there is no orderly check-in/ check-out)

Pros: new facilities and room. love the swimming pool ! thank you for the shuttle bus to Resorts World Sentosa (impossible to get a taxi from Resorst World Sentosa during peak hour)

Considerations: Sentosa is not bad. It has many places to go and no need to go outside for several days. But beware that this property is not for those who want to go in and out of Singapore city center. limited taxis on Sentosa Island, especially during peak hours. Service / organization needs some more fine tuning.

About me: East Asian male. Based in Hong Kong. Travels for business and pleasure 100- 150 nights a year, mostly in Asia. SPG Platinum 75.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Hello Lifeadventurelove,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you had a pleasant stay with us. I am sorry for the long waiting time at the check in counter during the Chinese New Year, which is one of our peak periods of the year. I will certainly take your comments into consideration for improvement and thank you for your suggestion.

Thank you and hope to see you again soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 28 March 2013

My first experience in a W hotel, after hearing rave reviews from people about other W hotels around the world, i was excited to see what the fuss was about. Arrived here for work and was impressed by the vibes (so trendy), good service and general ambience of the hotel when i arrived. Even though I was travelling there for a business conference, i felt like i was on holiday! Room was lovely, toiletries were fabulous and the view of the pool and yachts were divine.
The meals in the hotel were great, i would specially commend the girls from room service who were so helpful and pleasant to deal with. Loved the different types of lighting in the room and the design was incredible.

The conference facilities were brilliant, and i loved the different fusion of snacks , so unlike other corporate hotel refreshments! at one break time we had snickers inspired muffins! and M*M's in a jar! talk about putting the fun back into work!

didnt get a chance to check out the other amenities much, was fabulous for a business trip however it is kind of isolated from everywhere so may not be as convenient unless you have other activities planned in sentosa itself perhaps. loving the vibe (and the music !) and cannot wait to check out other W hotels in the rest of the world! definitely on my list!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nush_Pop
Hello Nush_Pop,

Thank you for your feedback. Great that you had such an enjoyable stay with us, we aim to impress all of our guests by our design, music, food and services! We will keep up our good work and please let us impress you again!

Look forward to welcoming you again!

Woodley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2013

It's hard to believe the W Sentosa isn't at the very top of the Tripadvisor list because it's such a fabulous hotel, I think this says more about the area it's in than the hotel itself though as it really is excellent. I only got to stay for a single night on a layover between Australia and the UK, but I wish I could have stayed longer.

The rooms are typical W, so incredibly stylish with lots of great mood lighting and clever touches to keep you amused. They are a little bigger than at some other W hotels, like Barcelona and Hong Kong for example, although this is a newer property. Breakfast was great, although not amazing but the staff were brilliant. The WooBar off the lobby was okay, again, amazing staff but the seats were a little uncomfortable which I suppose is the price you pay for style. Downstairs both the gym and spa are fantastic, the gym being a good size, well stocked and with lots of natural light, a great place to work out.

As has been mentioned before, the pool is the star, it's huge, the temperature is just perfect, it has a great bar and the staff are, once again, fantastic. I checked out in the morning and went into Singapore to explore but was able to use the pool on my return that afternoon before catching a taxi to the airport and, as a departing guest, I was offered the use of the spa showers before leaving, a really nice touch that meant I didn't have to use the smaller, and more public, poolside changing room before heading off to catch my flight to London.

It's hard to not to keep praising the staff here because they are all just superb, I felt totally looked after and nothing was too much bother. On top of this, they offered suggestions and support that I hadn't even considered, such as offering to pre-order my taxis into town and to the airport whilst bringing my bags to my room and suggesting places to eat in Little India whilst I was visiting (Komala Vilas and, yes, it was fantastic).

Stuff like this makes a huge difference because it makes your visit hassle-free and it was this kind of attention to detail that really delighted me. After all, the funky decor and hip soundtrack are a given, this is a W, but the staff really make this particular W exceptional. Thank you all.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Look_Left
Hello Look_left,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback, I am glad to know you had such a great experience with us even just for 1 night! We as W hotel constantly strive to provide excellent personal services to Wow our guests. I will certainly share your comments with my team, I am sure they will be happy to hear your compliments! Please come and stay with us longer next time!

Look forward to welcoming you again.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Bought my wife and my 2.5 year old boy for a 2 night stay at W. Certainly a hip hotel. We stayed at Wonderful Room @ 511. View nothing great but happy with the size of the room and amenities. Breakfast was great at Kitchen Table and since Quayside Isle is opened, you would have more options to eat. We love the pool!!

One miss is when our little boy was coughing and had stained the quilt. We called for help and although it was about 130am, help came within 10 mins. However, the personnel which came, just came with the replacement quilt, and just put it on the bed without making it up for us. I thought she wasn't returning again after taking the stained quilt away. I had to call again for her to make the bed up. For a hotel of this class, i expected that to be done without having to prompt for it.

Overall, we like this hotel and may return again. Good venue to get away from the hustle and bustle of Singapore

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ThomasChoo
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad you enjoyed staying with us with your family for 2 nights.
I will share your comment about our frontline staff with my team and remind them to be more proactive, to offer better services without guests asking for it.

Please come and let us welcome you again!

Singapore River, Singapore
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We've stayed in the W Singapore > 7 times since it opened and have seen it go from strength to strength. Ealier reviews mentioned many of the initial kinks and teething issues common with a new hotel - these have been worked out, and the hotel is now running smoothly.

The hotel is on Sentosa Island which is connected to the main Singapore island by a road bridge ~ 0.8km long. Sentosa is billed as a resort island, with the RWS casino & Universal Studios Singapore as the headline attractions. It has many other attractions which are worth considering. A part of Sentosa is also given up to high-end residential units, and the W Singapore is situated in the enclave named Sentosa Cove, next to the marina.

This is both good and bad - you are away from the noise and bustle of the city, but that also means you are further from the conveniences like cheap food, shopping and the like. Transport in and out of the hotel is one of the bugbears. Walking is not feasible. Options include car, taxi, hotel shuttle (timetable on website), and a 5-min walk to Cove Arrival Plaza and using the free Sentosa Bus 3. The most glamourous would be to sail up to the hotel by yacht :)

Quayside Isle is a new shopping and dining area just opposite the hotel, with moderate and high-end restaurants, and a higher-end supermarket (Jasons).

The hotel exudes W vibe, and can stand shoulder to shoulder with any of the other W resorts worldwide. The rooms are large and well-appointed; with multiple choices of mood LED lighting. Wonderful rooms face the driveway, while Spectacular and Fabulous rooms face the pool and marina and have a balcony - if budget allows go for the Fabulous rooms. For families of 4 the double beds are big enough with a little squeezing. The AWAY rooms are meant for couples and are on the ground floor next to the spa. Decor is quite different from the other rooms, and each have an outdoor bath and small plunge pool. Do note that privacy is slightly compromised because everyone in the rooms above can see you in your pool/deck! The Marvelous Suites are much bigger and again the best ones are those facing the pool and marina. Almost 75% of the suite walls are glass and are quite spectacular with all the blinds up (and blisteringly hot too!).

The pool is the main event; it's huge and doesn't feel crowded even when busy. Pool accessories like floats, tubes and pool beds are gratis, and there are ample pool chairs, sofas and hammocks. The gym is large and faces the pool with lots of natural sunlight and brand new equipment. The lobby and bar also face the pool/marina area and there's a resident DJ at night.

The hotel has an all-day restaurant and a high-end steakhouse. Breakfast is adequate and there are some highlights, but it did seem better when it first opened. There is more of a focus on local dishes now.

If you have 2 or 3 days to spare, a good plan would be to enjoy the hustle and bustle of Singapore city in one of the main city hotels, then move over to the W Sentosa to just chill out!

A word about the staff - they are friendly and helpful, and the manager M. Fabregoul is always to be seen in the lobby and around the hotel, on top of things. If you have a special event, or requests, don't hesitate to contact the hotel - you might be pleasantly surprised!

Room Tip: Fabulous rooms are worth the expense!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Hello GoWestG,

Thank you for giving us such a wonderful review and comment, very much appreciate for your support and loyalty to W hotels!

We W hotel – Sentosa Cove aim to Wow our guests by our luxury design, music, every single piece of extraordinary furniture and art work in every corner, also by providing excellent personal services and wide range of dining options etc. We seek for quality lifestyle in all aspects.

Please come again stay with us for a wow-filled, chic stay like no other!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

We spent our wedding Annivisary at the W and from the moment we entered to the time we left our expectations were exceeded. The check in was smooth, the room was ready on time, it was very clean and had everything we wanted, we had a balcony unit facing the boat quay and a big bath as well in the bathroom. We were given a free cocktail as well and the breakfast was excellent, great choice and service. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will go back for a weekend again for sure. Highly recommended. Great job done to all at the W. wel done

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Hello BRJP310852
Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am happy to hear you had such a great time with your wife. I will share your comments with the team and I am sure they will be happy about it. Again thank you for your comment and we will continue the good work.
We look forward to welcoming you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#35 of 308 in Singapore
4.0 of 5 bubbles 21,342 reviews

Been to W Singapore Sentosa Cove? Share your experiences!