W Singapore Sentosa Cove
Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael(Sentosa Island)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$193
  • Restaurant
US$265
US$242
Sofitel
Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa(Sentosa Island)
US$267
US$683
US$640
US$209
US$203
Agoda.com
US$289
  • Pool
Resorts World Sentosa - Equarius Hotel(Sentosa Island)(Great Value!)
US$280
  • Pool
Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa(Sentosa Island)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$168
Agoda.com
Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa(Sentosa Island)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$185
Capella Singapore(Sentosa Island)
US$694
US$479
Travelocity
2,117 results
All reviewsfabulous roomwoo barkitchen tablew insiderskirt restaurantquayside islemood lightingprivate plunge poolbose sound systemcakepool barbirthday staycationshuttle bushuge poolpool staffshuttle serviceaway from the hustle and bustle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 January 2014

At the W Hotel you always expect the decor to be a bit different and W Hotel at Sentosa Cove did not disappoint. We paid top dollar and our rate did not include breakfast which was $49 per person making the stay very expensive.
Beautiful location with lots of restaurants nearby. Although the hotel is out of the way for tourists we found the location to be peaceful with a good outlook from every room. We were upgraded on our last night to a suite which was amazing with views from every window.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony overlooking pool have the best view. If you can afford it the suites are amazing.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mmhsydney
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Hello Mmhsydney,
Thank you for your comments and good to know you had such a fabulous stay with us! I am sorry but not to agree with you that our hotel is not out of the way for tourists, we do provide shuttle bus regularly between the hotel and city main business area, and it takes only 15mins from hotel to Vivo city, harbour front which is one of most famous shopping centre and area in Singapore.
Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed from 28th Dec. for 2 night as part of 2 families with 1 kid each. We had just got off a 5 night cruise, on arrival went through with check-in routine, told to leave luggage and come back at 4pm. Shuttle bus arrangement was clearly explained so took the first one out and headed for Resortworld (SEA Aquarium). Returning shuttle was little confusing but it stops between Micheal hotel and Festive hotel, then goes to Vivocity before returning to W Sentosa.

Room: Double Wonderful - was great 40inch LCD TV, Bose sound system, large bathroom with internal window.

Restaurant: Buffet breakfast - was great (not fantastic) especially asian foods (dimsim, dumplings and laksa) was great. Some juices were not fresh and made from concentrate. Its great because it was included in room rate, but would not pay for it.

Also, Quayside Isle is just 50 meters left of hotel, so there are at least 20 bars/restaurants to choose. Prices were similar or cheaper then Sydney.

Bar: did not use

Pool: it was great. There was a toddler's pool (0.5m) and main pool wasn't too deep (1.2m) for small children either. Major negative was although large umbrella are provided for each pair of deck chairs, they are very difficult to move for adequate shade coverage.

Service: Everyone was very helpful but not effective. Most requests or questions were passed to at least 2 or 3 staff before it was understood, answered or completed. I think problem is lack of; 1) English and 2) experience. This part was little disappointing.

Location and shuttle service: Well, it is probably the most isolated location in Singapore, so please consider this before booking. But, traveling as 4 adults and 2 children (3yo and 5yo), shuttle service by W and Sentosa Island ("Play" orange bus) was satisfactory. Should add 10 minutes waiting time and 20 minutes ride time to each journey.

Did not have problems with Taxis getting lost or charging $8 extra. Tell driver "checking in at W", then no entrance fee will be charged.

Shuttle service to Marina Financial Center and ION Orchard leaves 8:45am Mon-Fri only. Last W shuttle at 9:55pm gets very crowded, not many taxis are available at Vivocity either.

Overall: My wife and daughter told me during our next trip they will only stay at W Sentosa. So we will definitely come back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Minkyu

Hello Minkyu,
Thank you very much for your review. Glad we have met your expectations and you & your family had such a wonderful stay with us! I am happy you and your little ones enjoyed a dip in our Wet pool; it is indeed a memorizing experience. Regarding to your comment of our shuttle bus services, I do apologize my talents did not explain to you clearly as we could assist to reserves seats for you an hour in advance, so that can save a bit of waiting time. I will certainly take your comment about some of our talents (staffs) languages skill into consideration; ideally we will arrange them to go English language class for improvement.
Look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed in W hotel for 1 day to celebrate my BF's birthday. Before the arrival, I have emailed W hotel to ask if there is any arrangement can be made on the day. They replied to promise to prepare a birthday cake for us and delivered to us upon our arrival on the evening. They also ask my BF's name for it as they said they will customise the cake for the celebration.

However, Upon our arrival, nothing had been arranged or delivered. So, I called in around 8pm to clarify with them. At 9pm, they delivered to cake to us. But I realized that there is no any customization being made on the cake.This is quite disappointing as the customization is the arragement offered by W hotel and I did not request for it. So I think if W hotel cannot deliver the promise to the guest, it is better no to ask the name for it and say will customise the cake for the celebration.

And after reading review, I realised that this is not the experience encountered by me only. Some other guest also celebrated occasion in W hotel and a complimentary cake is promised to deliver. But nothing is done. This simply mean W hotel doesn't take guest into their heart to provide the professional service.

As a 5 star hotel, I would say the service is not up to standard.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed at the W for a business conference and found it to be so far from everything and so deep into Sentosa island that each and every cab driver I rode with to go to the hotel got lost each time. While much of my stay was spent working in the hotel function room, I did get some free nights off but it was hard to get into the city. The hotel has a very spotty shuttle schedule that you just need to take a cab to get out of the place. Since the hotel is so far, taxis are few and you have to wait along with the other hotel guests who are queued at the lobby waiting for a ride.
That said -- the hotel is very stylish, as W hotels are. The rooms are large and quite cool and hip -- so much so that condoms and lubricants are included in the bar menu! To add to this -- the bathroom can be viewed from the bedroom as there is a sliding glass window between the two rooms. Voyeurism, anyone?
Service, while friendly, can be familiar and lax which isn't a good thing. Perhaps this is part of the W brand?
I wish they had put a premium on substance over style.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hello Nonnapn,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you found our location is a bit limited; please allow me to share with you our team is happy to assist to book a cab in advance so that you do not have to queue at the lobby. Apologies my team did not mention to you.
Less but not least, I am glad you loved our hotel design and our funky art pieces around the hotel.
Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I recently stayed at the W resort for 2 nights at the end of my Honeymoon. After having a few night on the other side of sentosa island. The hotel its self is just amazing with funky decor through out the property.
we were welcomed by the lovely front door/desk staff.

We had departed from a cruise ship early that morning and had planned a day at universal studios. We arrived at the hotel at 10am with total understanding that we would not be able to check in at that time. The reception staff were polite and were happy to take our bags and explained the shuttle bus ect. we were told check in was at 2pm.
We arrived back at the hotel just a little bit before 2pm, i asked if our room was ready when i was told that it would be ready for possibly another hour. Normally i would understand but after paying $980 Aud a night i thought that there would be something else they could offer. Another room was offered and when we had agreed to head up our original room (marvelous suite) was magically ready.

The suite itself was amazing!!!! i have never seen nor stayed anywhere that had it all. the whole suite was wired up with Bose surround sound from the "lounge", Bedroom and the TV from the bath tub everything was smarted wired and could control with a remote. I was also very impressed with "the sanctuary" charging box in the room (it had every charged one could ever need) very good idea for hotels. all curtains oped with a button with both day and night curtains. I really loved the lighting in the room with 4 different options that would light different parts of the room with mood lighting. The rainforest shower that showers you from all angles ad the amazing spa bath perfect honeymooners room!

Although the "magic" of the room was shortly lived with some let downs. On the first night we received a notice from house keeping that there would be a function on that evening commencing at 6pm. Although this would have no effect what so ever on the guests staying at the hotel. so once we had settled in my husband and i decided to go to the woo bar to enjoy some drinks. As we approached the bar it was evident that the function that had been organised had been brought inside due to the rain. As we went to sit at the bar a staff member told us that we were not allowed in the bar at this stage as they were holding an event there. It was only 4.30pm and although the event was being held "at the bar" it was evident that they were only using part of it and were still setting up. My husband informed her that we were given a notice in our room in relation to the nights function that clearly stated it would be pool side and that there would be not effect on the hotel guests that the event only started at 6pm and it was only 4.30pm. The event coordinator looked at both of us and replied with "what letter" after explaining again to her that house keeping had left the notice her reply was "but its raining we cant have it outside" in which my husband replied that we had noticed it rained alot in Singapore (it had rained 4 out of the 5 day we were there) and maybe they should think of something else like an outdoor marquee. The event coordinator did not look impressed when he was only raising a very valid point. We were then told we would have to leave, there is not another "bar" in the whole hotel nor was there only very close i was absolutely discussed that they would happily turn away to honeymooners that had paid $1980 for 2 nights accommodation from the bar where we would of spend more money! after a bit of arguing we were told that we could stay but would have to leave by 5.45pm (which we would of had regardless) in the time we were sitting at the bar i would of seen at least another 5 couple approach the bar and being turned away (none of which looked impressed) we just felt so let down as if the guests at the hotel were defiantly second to anyone whom was having or partaking in a function at the hotel. bit disappointing

The rest of the stay was enjoyable until we checked out. We did not need to leave the hotel for anther hour after check out so we left our bags at reception to be taken down stairs to catch the cab. (as requested by the reception staff) An hour later when we made our way to the taxi rank our cases were no where to be seen. I couldn't believe that they had a whole hour to move 2 bags down 1 lift and they were not there.We asked the bell boy where they were and 3 men started running around looking. By this time my husband was becoming a little frustrated and followed the bell boy into the bag room in which he saw our 2 bags just sat there. It seemed they had about 10 people trying to do 1 job but not one 1 person could find the bags. If it wasn't for my husband they could still be sat there.

overall i would say this hotel is lovely although i think the staff need to adhere to the What ever When ever motto a little better.

Room Tip: If you can spare the extra the suites are just to die for
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vicky C

Hello Vicky C,
Thank you very much for your detailed review. I am glad you and your husband had enjoyable stay with us and loved our Marvelous suite, hope you did enjoy the South China Sea view while taking a bath.
I am sorry to learn about your experience at the Woo bar, my team had given you the wrong impression, please do believe that your experience is not our W standard and Culture, we always do our best to accommodate every single guests. I have reviewed your comment with my team and please be rest assured that I am looking into it seriously for improvement.
Again, thanks for staying with us and hope to see you again soon.