“The best service i had encounter so far!”

W Singapore Sentosa Cove
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
“The best service i had encounter so far!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I had a 2D1N stay at W singappre away room. We booked because on the plunge pool that is attached to it.

Arrive at W Singapore and was served by aldin. He is extremely polite, meticulous, courteous and customer oriented. He walked us through the amenties of the hotel and even escorted us to our room.

When we walked into the room it is a whole new experience. The room is very spacious and the bath tub is huge! Toilet amenities are also very sufficient. The king size is very comfortable and the entertainment system is adequet. There is enough channel to keep u Entertained.

The plunge pool is big for a family of 4,but if u are looking for privacy, then i do not recommend as the away room is situated at level 1 and basically other people can just view down into your plunge pool. Another note is the the plunge pool has no water heater, there is a cold water all day long.

Just right outside the hotel is a whole stretch of restaurant. That will make sure you never go hungry staying with them

Overall i had a wonderful in the hotel and i strongly suggest this hotel for staycation go-er or people whom want an escape from city life.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Edward Y
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Hello Edward Y,
Thank you for your lovely review. It is awesome to know you had such a fabulous stay with us! I will definitely share your review with my team, I am sure Adlin will be happy to hear from you!
Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 20 March 2014

As a hotel guest in the month of December 2013, I was satisfied with the stay for one night. There was no problem parking my car there as there are sufficient lots to go around. A convenient lift lobby from the carpark level brings you up to the lobby level. The decor is either you like it or you do not. I find it quite quirky in some areas. Spacious lobby and spacious corridors to the rooms. Check in was swift and easy. Room was with balcony facing the pool, spacious enough to sit out there to soak in the sun and view. View of pool is pleasant surrounded by good foliage interspersed around the pool. Hotel room is spacious. I liked that you can select the lighting moods for the room. Prettily decored almost with for the women in mind. Standard coffee tea in a little pantry and TV. What is nice is they supply a little package for little emergencies at a small cost.

Bathroom is also reasonably spacious with two sinks. Love the shampoo conditioner and bath gel and soap albeit a tad small for a luxury hotel. You can sit in the bathtub and still view the TV in the room through a wide opening.

I like the inclusion of hammocks beside the pool. Not many hotels have that. Beyond the pool is the marina where yachts of various sizes provide eye candy ( if you like boats and yachts). This hotel is set in a location where you are not surrounded by high rise buildings and that is a plus for me. Living in a city like Singapore, I like to take a vision break and relax in a pool with relatively un-busy views beyond. Relatively a quiet place if you need some peace. The spa is located at the lower level. I was tempted to use it but time did not permit it unfortunately.

I have no comments on the room dining nor the restaurants located within the hotel. However, I had a drink at the bar in the hotel and wished it was livelier. A two minute walk out of the hotel will bring you to Quayside Isle, a row of restaurants and other amenities where you can easily get a cool beer in a typical balmy night of Singapore with pizzza or wine.

It is a kid-friendly place but really not much fun for kids. More appropriate for couples.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Hello Tangerine W,
Thank you very much for staying with us. It is great to know you had such an enjoyable stay with us; we look forward to serving you again soon.
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is quite a hip and unique hotel in a fabulous location. The W experience is one you will recall as a very unique and fancy experience which will always bring good memories. The food was amazing and the spread to choose from will confuse you. The service is impeccable and so are all it's facilities. A bit pricy but if you can afford it it's worth the money spent

Room Tip: Any room with the view of the bay and all the yatchs would be great
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hello Sandra D,
Thank you for your lovely review. I am thrilled to know you much you enjoyed staying here with us! It is amazing to know how my team impressed you and brought you good memories.
Look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 17 March 2014

W hotel is located at the Sentosa Cove, at the tip of Sentosa island. The property is a mixture of a modern yet artistic blending to create a nice and comfortable ambience. Room is nice with comfortable bed, with windows overlooking the marina and collection of yachts docking there. Food quality is great, although i believe breakfast selection could be more. Room service food is very nice tho. However if you are not easily satisfied with the food selection at the hotel, around the area are a complex of food paradise where you can find practically other cuisine such as italian, chinese, etc. Loves the large swimming pool. My only regret was i came to this place to work (attending a seminar) and wished i could have stay longer to enjoy all the nice environment W hotel has to offer.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Hello Nelson P,
Thank you for your lovely feedback. It is great to hear what an amazing time you had here at W Singapore!
Look forward to welcoming you back.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Came with my wife for a weekend stay in the W Hotel and we were very happy with the experience. The lobby was quite crowded when we came as it is the singapore school holidays but we didn't have to wait too long for the check in. The staff was efficient and friendly. Checking was a breeze !
The room was very trendy and spacious and we had the seaview room with a balcony that overlooks the marina. The highlight of our stay was to enjoy the magnificent swimming pool. Despite being crowded, there was space for everyone. Our room came with the breakfast buffet which was lovely with a good spread of western , Asian cuisine, juices and lovely bread selection. We ordered room service and the food arrived prompt, hot and delicious. Check out was fast and efficient too. Definitely a good and fast escape from the bustling city in just 30 mins. It felt like we were on a tropical island far away from busy citylife. Will certainly return again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jasonchuwm1976
Hello Jasonchuwm1976,
Thank you for your nice feedback. I am thrilled and proud to know you had such a wonderful stay with us! It’s great that you enjoyed your little “escape”!
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I normally try to review places with a good review and rarely give bad reviews because I want to believe everyone tries their best. W Singapore unfortunately has much to improve on.

We organized our company's training session at W Sentosa, and the staff were all looking forward to the "W" in Singapore. Prior to the session, my secretary was having a lot of trouble trying to convince the event manager via phone or email politely to accommodate "halal" food for our staff. I took over the discussion and realized that the local staff at event department had a huge chip on their shoulder. Despite several suggestions by me to the extent of agreeing to a disclaimer for "outside halal food", she arrogantly refused to accommodate one halal meal-insisting that the minimum halal accommodation was for ten persons. Singapore is a multi racial country with a well known wide selection availability of a variety of global and local cuisine, it is definitely not a tall order to request/find or buy halal food.

Although the management tried to rectify the matter with me, I am disappointed that I didn't get an apology from the staff in question. Being Singaporean myself, I am deeply aware of the cuisine requirements of different races within my company, it is absurd for us to put ourselves in the position where we have to pay for the seminar services and at the same time accommodate to the hotel's arrogant request of "no outside food". We took the seminar business to another equally awarded hotel in Sentosa where we were appropriately treated as guests.

Although W prides itself as the host area for many press launches of superstars all over the world, I am sure there is still a need to live up to what accomplished hotels originally should do - service beyond your expectation.

Which I think they did cos I didn't expect that service attitude at all.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hello BrigL618,
Thank you for taking your time to write us your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointment with us, this is absolutely no excuse for the service you received could be more flexible and I am personally looking into how this could have occurred and which of our team is responsible. I hope you will not lose your faith in W brand, do hope you will give us a chance to wow you in near future.
Singapore
Reviewed 16 March 2014

W Hotel Singapore is a mix of modern contemporary artistic influence, natural beauty, and elegant extravagance. Somehow, it all manages to work together, making a visit to W Hotel Singapore both impressive and memorable at the same time.

Ambience at W Hotel Singapore is energetic and quirky, with sculptures, paintings, lights, pattens and shapes combining and clashing to create various spaces. Walk from one end of W Hotel Singapore to the other and the decor changes along the way. Beautiful in a somewhat madcap way. However, it's rather difficult to find a nearby trash bin in the public areas.

As we were preparing for a corporate event, we faced problems with the service staff, and their lack of initiative. This caused frustration for our people. During the actual event though, the staff at W Hotel Singapore performed much better, and were both visible and helpful to our guests.

The room and facilities at W Hotel Singapore are good, though not the best I've seen for a hotel of this class. The exterior facade is somewhat unattractive, but the view from the rooms is great. The in-room facilities for the Fabulous Room is good as well. However, W Hotel Singapore doesn't have much in the way of activities, and they rely more on the attractions around Sentosa to entertain guests.

W Hotel Singapore is a nice place to stay, or to hold an event, though the service can be inconsistent as the majority of the staff are quite junior / not so experienced. Even if you're not staying at the W Hotel Singapore, it's still a nice place to visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hello RunningMan83
Thank you for your time to write us your feedback. We appreciate comments and observations; we will certainly take your advice into consideration for improvement.
Look forward to welcoming you back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#35 of 308 in Singapore
4.0 of 5 bubbles 21,379 reviews

Been to W Singapore Sentosa Cove? Share your experiences!