“Horrible service”

W Singapore Sentosa Cove
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed at the W for the Easter break. I have to admit it was the worst service I have ever seen. The restaurant staff were rude, the pool side bar tender was even more rude. They got our requests all wrong. The only good thing is the steaks at skirt (their restaurant).

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sidharth B
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Hello Sidharth B,
Thank you for your comments. Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience with us, it is very frustrated to know you found our staffs were rude in the restaurant and by the pool, and I will pay extremely close attention to these areas and personal following up with the team. I believe with my better supervision in these areas would help to prevent it happen again.
Again thank you for staying with us and hope you will give us a chance to show you the true W experience.
Kind regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,066)

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I choose W-hotel to celebrate my birthday on their ladies night on Wednesdays. The have a champagne free flow deal for ladies.

The event organiser Cara went out of her way to ensure I and my guests were to have a good time and I could utilise all of the facilities & catering to suit the night in the best way. Hospitality is still to be improved in Singapore, so it was a refreshing taste to see genuine customer service and creativity in such an amazing setting!

The hotel oozes fun & comfort whilst retaining class very well and is a great getaway from the main island.

Highly recommended for a weekend escape or an afternoon & evening getaway.

• Stayed: April 2014

Hello Elika T,
Thank you for your nice feedback. I am glad to read you had a lovely birthday celebration with your friends here at our Woo Bar! I will definitely share your good words with Cara (our W insider) and the team, they will be happy to know.
Thank you and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Celebrated our anniversary at W over the long weekend and I am very disappointed with the service and experience. More disappointed as I just stayed in W taipei and the branch in Singapore is pale in comparison.
Upon arrival at the hotel, we did not had anyone helped with our luggage but we did have a young looking chap like a student opening the door. But over the 2 days, none of the people whom welcome us had a smile on their face.
Check in was swift and the lady was very helpful.
At Woodbar, most of the staff looks uninterested and the guy whom I asked about the drinks could not tell me the concoction but repeated the name of the drink. But there was another bartender whom helped.
Overall, very disappointing experience. Definitely not worth buying for the experience. Better off somewhere else!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kris L
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Hello Kris L,
Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed that my team did not deliver the true W experience for you, please be assured that this is not our usual W standard. I will personally re-brief my team to be more friendly and welcoming.
Thank you for staying with us and hope you will come back again in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

After coming from malaysia, this place is mind blowing. Best 5 star we have stayed in, amazing breakfast buffet. Makes Australian 5star hotels look 3 star. Stayed in fabulous room. Free transport around island sentosa, very good place for all, super clean and service is very good. Lots of restaurants close walking distance which are also very good upmarket quality and service.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nafem

Hello Nafem,
Thank you for your nice review! love it and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I have stayed at several W's and indeed twice at Singapore

Overall
W concept is upscale Boho style, relaxed especially for younger "trendy" guests but the W Singapore
is a very noisy, overrun with loud out of control children, with facilities that cannot cope with allot of guests
outside access is totally absurd.

I would strongly suggest that young/romance etc be pulled from any advertising instead essentially a family
resort

Major Points

Pool, breakfast, WooBar !! full of kids running and screaming made use of the facilities almost un useable
at least Woobar some restraint should be in force, twice we asked the staff to tell parents to keep the kids under
control, they Just smiled so we just left. The room next too our suite 562 was in morning and evenings incredibly nosiy
so much so that my daughter was unable to sleep.

Breakfast even with overflow into the restaurant you had to share tables with strangers, the food quality was very average
very very noisy - rating out of 5 - 1.

Access, I tried to access the hotel from the pool impossible except via restaurant then the stairs to lobby - how absurd ! the door to the
gym - locked, the main ground floor door - access card - did not work ( when my daughter checked it was LOCKED ), the stairs directly
to the lobby barrier how totally ridiculous.

Minor points
the taps in the shower are very differcult to use ( turn )
the door does not shut unless strongly pulled shut
Wait for Taxi's is almost un-useable

I will not be staying at the W Singapore again, and I will post the above on trip advisor,
something has to be done asap.

Room Tip: Check to see if a big family is staying next door !!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Leighw1967

Hello Leighw1698,
Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor and our W Singapore website. Please accept my apologies for your disappointment. You are absolutely correct that our talents could have managed better in different areas. I have shared your feedback with my team and I am confident that the team is now fully aware of what could have been done better. Please be rest assured that we are constantly striving to provide better service to all our guests.
Again, I do apologise for your experience and hope you will give us a chance to wow you in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed 5 nights at the W and overall felt really good about our stay, there was a lot more positive than negative.
First of all the decor and and facilities of the hotel are upmarket and polished, from the time we arrived and were welcomed by the door staff, through to check out, almost all staff treated us with courtesy and most importantly with a smile. It was a very nice touch to get a personalised letter and chocolates the night we arrived.

Our room on the 5th floor had a magnificent view of the harbor and with the yacht show on, this was a real treat to sit on our balcony and admire. The room itself, although not large (there were 4 of us in a Fabulous room), was modern and had everything we needed. The bathroom was large and the supplied toiletries excellent.
A real highlight is the pool, open 24 hours it not only looks fantastic, but we loved that the water was slightly heated so there was no hesitation in jumping straight in. According to my 6yo, the pool was one of the highlights of our holiday.
We ate at the Kitchen Table and although a little pricey, we would not complain about the quality and variety of food, the sushi and dessert bars were especially delicious.
Hotel W offers a free shuttle to Vivo city and Resort world, however I really think that they could increase the frequency of this, we ended up catching cabs back to the hotel as the time to wait for the return was considerable.

My only comments on the negative are similar to what others have mentioned. I was disappointed the pool staff did not make more of an effort to ask us if we wanted any drinks, even when there were only a few of us around the pool, also on Sunday when the pool was much busier the pool bar staff were not exactly friendly. The only other irregularity in regards to service was during our stay my son called the hotel wanting to speak to us but was told no one with our name was at the hotel.
Within the room I found the pillows to be way too soft, although there was a slightly firmer pillow in the cupboard.

If I could rate the W 4.5 stars I would. Overall we were very happy with our stay and would gladly return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MartinC27

Hello MartinC27,
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to read that you enjoyed staying with us and you found our talents (staff) nice and friendly. I will definitely share your comments with them, I am sure they will be happy to hear about it. Regarding your comments about Wet Bar (pool bar), I will personally look into it to see what can be done. Appreciate your constructive feedback and thanks again for staying with us.
Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have stayed in W Singarpore for 5 days with my family (wife and 5 years old daughter) for vacation purposes. In general the quality of the hardware of the hotel is very good except for the size, it's quite small and hence thre is no kid club and no much choice for foods and drinks.

However, the quality of software which I mean the services hardly qualified for a 5 star hotel especially for a "WOW" standard. Please note the following points which I thought the hotel have to pay attention to:

a. Maybe the land price of Singapore is high, in view of the no of rooms, the size of the restaurant (Kitchen Table) hardly to accomodate the number of guests there. You will find the size of the table is unacceptably small and the distance between table is so close that you can hardly to have a meal that is relax especially during buffet breadfast. Many times, my back is being hitted by other guests and the body of other people (both guests and workers) always struggle their way to get the foods or to do their works. This really make me feel angry in view the price they have charged. Due to the limited size, Choice of foods is limited too.

b. I have completed a customer satifaction card to the Hotel and received a prompt reply form the manger there said the overall mark of 3 (5 is the highest and 1 the lowest") is as expected and it seems they have accepted this result :3 out of 5. On my side, really did not expect W Hotel standard is like this.

c. The swmimming pool of the hotel is very good in term of its design and size. However, dont know why they do not assign somone there to help the guests. My first day their and go to the pool at 4:30pm, no staff their and odnt know where to get towels and really feel helpless their and have to run back to GYM, no one there too and go to the pool bar and the guy their even not wish to entertain us. I saw a staff of the hotel passed by, not even bother to stop to help me. At last,

d. In general, the people working their are not cheerful, except for the reception, most of them do not wish to help you, this make me feel very angry. In one occasion, we have not moved out and stayed at room tilled 5:00pm, the room cleaner come and asked to clean the room. I said to her can it be done later and she responsed she had to go home at 6pm, even not in a polite way.

As such, I am really hesitate to come back to the hotel again. In our opinion, the hotel maybe good for business man only and not good for holiday especially those wish to spend more time to enjoy the faciltiies and foods their.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chinamanfung

Hello Chinamanfung,
Thank you for taking your time to write us your comments. I am very sorry to learn about your experience, especially by the pool. I will definitely share your comments with our Wet Bar team to make sure it will not happen again in the future. Besides that, I will also share your feedback with our executive chef and The Kitchen Table team, so that we can find a better way to deliver our W standards during peak season / peak time.
Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again in future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Hard Rock Hotel Singapore
#10 of 13 in Sentosa Island
Marina Bay
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#37 of 319 in Singapore

Been to W Singapore Sentosa Cove? Share your experiences!