“Enjoyable experience overall”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
San Jose, California
“Enjoyable experience overall”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The W Singapore Sentosa Cove is a nice place, and the service was excellent. I also must say that the breakfast served in the morning is definitely better than other breakfast buffets that I have had at Starwood hotels.

The big downside to this site is that it is housed within the super touristy district in Singapore, making it challenging for myself as a business travel to find unique cuisine outside of the hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Hello Ben T,
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to know you loved the breakfast here. Yes you may find lots of restaurant outside our hotel, if those are not that type of unique cuisine you are looking for, please kindly approach our W insider, she is best person to provide you with difference type of local or special cuisine in Singapore.
Look forward to welcoming you back.
Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Room design was unique. Nice ambience. Decor is heaven. Given the price, the breakfast was not worth it as the variety was limited. Most of the food are fresh but especially the fruit juice which was served in small bottle. The best is the swimming pool. It is big and they have float, waterbed and toys for everyone to enjoy in the pool. Would love to stay again.

Room Tip: Room decors are unique and very romantic. Cleaniness is a plus point.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Hello Koyoto81,
Thank you for your nice review! I am glad to know you enjoyed staying here with us, especially the pool! Do you know our pool open for 24hours? Check it out next time. Regarding the breakfast, I will share your comment with our chefs.
Look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards
Chelsea
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My family experienced bad service almost all throughout our stay here last April 17-20,2014 (Holy Week). Its my second time to stay here but i was quite disappointed with the service from late luggage delivery, utensil request followup, bathroom glass adjustment just to name a few. I think they were understaffed. I never had any problems during my first stay here with my friends. We really love W hotels but after our recent experience I will try other hotels when I come back to Singapore. Except for the service everything was okay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Henry Anthony L
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Hello Hen_L,
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for your unpleasant experience during Holy Week. I have already shared your feedback with the team and we will certainly learn from it. We hope you will give us a chance to show you the true W experience in future.
Singapore
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We decided on the W hotel for a short weekend break. It was our first time at a W and we loved the trendy decor and ambience. Our 'Fabulous' room was well appointed and had 2 double beds which comfortably accommodated our family of four. The room had various lighting modes which the children enjoyed. A charging unit for different smartphones was provided but not for the iPhone 5.
There was also a lovely little balcony with a wonderful view.
The bathroom though adequate could have been better. Twin sinks and a proper place for the bin, which didn't seem to 'fit' in anywhere were missed. I also felt they could have been a little more generous with the toiletries provided.
There were tea and coffee making facilities in the room including a French press for coffee. No complimentary fruit bowl or chocolate though.
One of the best things about the hotel was the fitness centre - large and very well equipped with state of the art machines. My husband and I really enjoyed it.
We didn't have any meals at the hotel other than breakfast so I can't really comment on the restaurants. The breakfast was the usual hotel fare but was spread out between two restaurants which was a real pain if you needed to get something from the side other than where you were seated.
All in all we had a great stay and we would stay there again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hello Anshu A,
Thank you for your nice comments. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay in general, especially the gym! Thanks for sharing and we hope to see you again soon!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My friends and I spent 3 days at w singapore sentosa cove recently and were utterly disappointed by the bad service experienced during breakfast. It was due to this kitchen staff by the name of Yoges whom we later found out to our surprise that he is actually the 2nd in line of the hotel mange ent. He behaved aggressively and spoke loudly and rudely at my friend in public when everyone else is looking at the breakfast area. My friend broke her only pair of footwear and had no choice but to wear the bathroom slippers. We have called the hotel staff earlier on to request if we can purchase any footwear the night before but was told there is no such service. We tried to explained to him but his hand gestures were aggressive and refused to listen to our explanation. He eventually chased us out of the breakfast area.

We have never felt so humiliated during a hotel stay and such behavior is unacceptable from a supposedly reputable hotel. We will definitely not recommend w singapore sentosa cove to any of our contacts and will expect more then just an email saying please accept our sincere apologies if the management is sincere to improve on the horrible service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank GC2014_2014
Hello GC2014_2014,
Thank you for your feedback. I do apologise for your disappointed experience and I had personally followed up on this with our management team. I am sorry that we had given you the wrong expression and brought you such an unpleasant memory at the kitchen table. Please allow me to explain to you that we do not allow bed room slippers in our dining venue, our hotel manager kindly asked your friend to wear her shoes as she had them the previous morning so that she can enjoy breakfast at our venue. After you started using abusive words and shouted to our hostess “you are another stupid guys as well”, that’s why our hotel manager Yoges went over to you, and yes he repeated to you that slippers is not allowed in our venue and shouting and calling our talents (staff) stupid is not acceptable, after that you walked away and complained to our welcome manager upon check out. I could see your frustration and please accept my sincere apologies for your unpleasant experience; however, our purpose is to provide a better place for our guests to enjoy.
Thank you for your understanding in advance and we hope you will give us a chance to welcome you back.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

W Hotels are usually eccentric in design and this one is no exception! Certainly a fun break from the typical bland business hotels. Easy access via shuttle to Universal Studios, Vivo City and other Sentosa attractions.

The gym was new and well kept, and not too busy. Best feature is the expansive pool complete with a swim up pool bar and covered couple sized hammocks, floating beds and balls for water games.

Room service was good as well, the food came hot and was served on its own portable table. Also had booked a car service from the airport here, which worked flawlessly and was so appreciated as my flight landed late at night!

Stayed May 2014
Hello Lucienne M,
Thank you! It is great to hear what a fantastic experience you had with us, thanks again for choosing us and hope to see you again soon!
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The 2nd W property I've experienced, besides the HK one. Excellent once again - everything from the check-in to the check-out was very well done. The quality of the rooms, the food at the restaurants, the lobby area, the wifi and the ever-present smile on the faces of the staff, as well as their courtesy. The pool looked great too, though I did not get a chance to use it. I will undoubtedly go back and stay there again and again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hello hims281,
Thank you for your lovely feedback. It is great to read such a nice feedback and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future, do check out the pool next time!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Hard Rock Hotel Singapore
#10 of 13 in Sentosa Island
Marina Bay
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#34 of 312 in Singapore

Been to W Singapore Sentosa Cove? Share your experiences!