“The best of the best”

W Singapore Sentosa Cove
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
“The best of the best”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have to say I am not a fan of staying at local hotels due to the super high cost but having to attend a Event at W Hotel I decided to take a leap and stayed at W hotel singapore.

W Hotel though its very expensive even for the cheapest room. The room decor and room are at its highest. Service is excellent from the front desk to the cleaners to the staff at each corners and even the breakfast area and even the bar.

When I arrived on the morning of 23May at 9.30am. I was prepared to be turned down into a early check in. Check in was to be 3pm. Not only was i given a room very early, the staff on duty who was checking me in upon hearing that its my First visit and first time staying at their W Hotel Singapore changed my room to the highest floor level 7. I was given a room at level 5 before changes were made.

Check in procedure was painless and fast, wonder if the staff are efficient but its so painless to me as checkin was done in 10mins.

Wonderful Room was beautiful, good, awesome. Super big even for a wonderful room, king size bed and a couch at a corner with ledge for you to rest and relax while watching the yacht.
Saw lotsa of tea bags and coffee bags and even a coffee maker.

Toiletries is the best lemon sage, nice smell.

Room have various places for you to put earrings, shoes, cosmetic stuff.

Order room service but i find the chicken rice is not up to standard at all which was a disappointment.

Late in the afternoon, I received a ring to my room. Wondering whats its about i open, imagine outside my room stood a staff giving me a tube of macaroons. I was surprised , i have a very sweet tooth so this macaroons literally brighten my day. I would like to purchase the macaroons to eat its comparable to laduree.

Woo Bar staff was very attentive and even catered to my drinks request which was not in the menu. I had lychee martini and my BF had their Lemon grass drink

Breakfast corner has a lot of selection. and their scrambled egg is a must to eat.

My only grouse is that they should be have a little flexibility in check out. I understand check out is 12noon but maybe a 30mins or 1 hour is better than having to check out at 12noon sharp.

I would still recommend ppl to stay at the hotel for the room and the service

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Meowfy,

Thank you for your review, I enjoyed reading it. I am glad to know that your overall experience was delightful. It is wonderful to know that our team delivered our brand promise of whatever whenever service during your stay. I shall certainly pass your feedback about the Chicken Rice to our chef and shall surely work on improvising it.

Stephane Fabregoul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

There is awesome !! Super nice view, swimming pool, great room, service. Especially when you at night and they light up, it's so romantic! I think there is very suitable for couple go there!!!

• Stayed August 2013
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Bestjennywu,

Thank you for your feedback. I am thrilled to know you have a wonderful stay. Indeed our pool is popular with a lot of our guests for it size and sight.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Organized a team meeting in W Hotel and the staff were great and accommodated last min requests. I even requested for a different (harder) pillows and it was sent immediately to my room.
The hotel is luxury and arty in feel, clean & have interesting features and decor.
Swimming pool is 1 of the largest that I have seen in any of the hotels in Singapore / Sentosa, all room have scenic views and are well equipped with mood lights and you can toogle base on your feel for the day / night, besides that you can start a slow day by just watching yachts at your balcony :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JanetJayLee
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear JanetJayLee,

Thank you for your time to write this fabulous review. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and team meeting at our hotel. At W we believe in Whatever Whenever service and I am glad to know that our team has perfectly delivered it. Indeed our innovative design and pool is one of the highlights of most of our guests stays. I hope to see you soon for a staycation.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Checked into W Sentosa for a staycation with my family. Booked a AWAY room which came with a plunge pool which doubles up as sort of a jacuzzi. My kids loved it. The service at the hotel was fast and efficient and all my needs were well taken care of. The pool itself at the W Hotel is one of the best in Singapore for relaxation and the pool bar cocktails and service staff made it fabulous. The only downside I had with the entire stay was - the AWAY spa as the spa was lovely but most of the buttons in the hot pools were not working well (such a pity for a lovely spa). My kids loved it so much, they want to go back there again during their school holidays! This hotel needs a coffee space which is a quiet corner so someone who needs to sit and think can have total peace away from the non-stop beats!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Winston668,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so thrilled to know that you and your family had a fantastic stay. Indeed our pool is popular with a lot of local guests for a weekend staycation. I regret to know that you were unable to enjoy our sauna as we are still awaiting shipment of a faulty part. I am sure to have this rectified as soon as possible.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I travelled with my family to visit Sentosa and Universal Studios and we had a really good time, The staff were courteous and helpful. The suite was lovely with a Bose system. The view was great, we could see the Marina and the sea. The suite was very comfortable and the amenities were superb. Though it is not near the USS and the other activities, the regular shuttle was a boon. We felt that the room rate was on the higher side when compared to other hotels in Sentosa. Nevertheless, we had a wonderful stay at the W.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hello rksitaraman,
Thank you for your lovely review. It is great to know you had such a wonderful stay with us! Do come and stay with us again soon.
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Had check in on the 15 May 2014 on my wedding anniversary . However no upgrade was granted because I am not of of their platinum member. Most hotel in other countries will upgrade . However the room is great with see thru windows. There is a Bose sound system which is my favorite.Room was facing residences. When I went to their restaurant Kitchen Table for their buy one get one free buffet . Staff even tell me promotion ended last year. Infact I was entitled to the promotion when I booked the room. Had send email to various email address to request upgrade. however staff is on leave at the same time. Had went to woo bar for my 2 complimentary drinks. Mind you one of the drinks contain ants . Clearly they did not take my requests seriously. I did input that I am celebrating my wedding anniversary. However they only help to decorate the bed with love blankets and cushions only when I informed the check in staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Kelvin1905,
Thank you for your feedback. I hope you had a pleasant stay with us during your wedding anniversary. Regarding to your room upgrade, I am sorry that we did not manage to offer you complimentary upgrade as we were running high occupancy during your last stay with us, apologise your were not happy with our little sweet things arranged in your room. I will share your comment about Woo Bar and follow up on it personally. Hope you will give us a chance to welcome you back.
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

This is indeed a nice hotel! The level of service is impeccable and so is everything else actually. The situation is really nice on sentosa cove overlooking the marina. Great room with a really lush bathroom. Good selection of items such as toothbrush and good hygienic products. Pool area is also really nice. Don't miss the breakfeast buffe, it's good!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Appelsved
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hello Appelsved,
Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am glad to know you enjoyed staying with us so much and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#35 of 308 in Singapore
4.0 of 5 bubbles 21,326 reviews

Been to W Singapore Sentosa Cove? Share your experiences!