“Fun Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
India
“Fun Hotel”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

W Singapore Sentosa Cove lives up to the W fun quotient.
The thing i really like about the W hotels is the vibrancy in all it's properties. They all are so lively and funky and W Sentosa is no different.
The minute you step in, it feels energetic. The lobby is well appointed.
The rooms are nice and spacious with a good size balcony. The only drawback i felt in the room was the sliding door from the bedside to the bathroom. It can be a great fun feature for a couple but trust me it's quite an irritant if you are travelling with young kids.
The pool is really nice and big and has a nice view of the marina.
Do borrow their bicycles and ride along the marina either late in the evening or early morning, its quite an experience.
Another tip is have the breakfast on the outside tables if the weather permits. The view is really nice.
I was quite happy with my stay there and would not hesitate to recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: Ask for the plunge pools one on the ground floor or the higher ones with the view of the marina.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Hello Monk5000,
Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed staying with us. I have shared your feedback with the team here and they are all happy to hear from you and hope to welcome you back soon.
Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Was very excited about staying at the W after reading good reviews but have to say overall was very disappointed so much so that we checked out early and went to another hotel.

Design of hotel and room was nice but room lacked sufficient storage, biggest complaint with the room was the noise! From neighbours with noisy kids, alarms going off, work taking place or simply the drains it wasn't relaxing at all! Very strange to find a hotel of this standard with such poor acoustics! In addition after servicing our room, housekeeping were kind enough to leave the patio doors wide open meaning we got eaten alive from all the bugs thankfully they were the only visitors we had as a result!

Hotel only has two restaurants which are both small and not big enough for a hotel of this size, meaning breakfast was a free for all, thank god for the restaurants close by!

Overall I'd say don't go here if you are looking for a quiet relaxing hotel as for the money they are way better options in Singapore.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank crairoo
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Hello Crairoo,
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to learn about your experience and disappointment, understood your neighbours were making too much noise and you were happy with it. I would suggest you to call our Whatever Whenever next time, our team could have done something for you to make your stay with a better experience (i.e. find you another room or our team can talk to your neighbours) I apologise my team did not go extra miles to check in on you.
Please be rest assured that we take your feedback seriously and we always look for ways to improve our guest experiences. I hope you will give us a chance in future to show you the true W experience.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My friend and I are W fans! Whenever there is W, our first choice definitely will be W. I'm not very satisfied on my recent stay in W Singapore. Everything in the hotel are crowded and fully booked.
After check-in, went to Skirt to make reservation to celebrate my birthday, but had been told that the restaurant is fully booked and only available at 10pm. No choice due to we do not want to have buffet in the other restaurant Kitchen for birthday celebration, so we agreed and confirmed our reservation. A little disappointed, I understand is on weekends, maybe next time should remind guest to make reservation for the restaurant whenever there is peak seasons in the email after we booked the hotel to avoid disappointed. The services in Skirt was below our expectation due to one of the Chinese male talent/waiter who took orders from us was not friendly, arrogant, without smile. He looks like in a hurry while took order with us, my friend haven't finish her order, the talent already walk away. Kind of rude. Except the male waiter who took order with us, all the talents in Skirt are friendly, foods are delicious and above our expectation.
Next, breakfast are crowded, have to Q-up to wait for the table. After seated, we wait for the talents to offer us coffee/tea, but no one come to us. Understand that Skirt are open to serve breakfast due to large crowd, but both restaurant still very packed/crowded, it is too congestion in the peaceful morning. Solutions need to solve this issue. Other than that, the breakfast has wide variety of choice and delicious!
The whole W is really congestion in the weekends, wanna order the high tea set around 3.45pm in woobar, the lady talent told us the time to serve high tea set is over, but around 4.15pm I saw they served it to the other table. Thus, we order again with a male talent, he told us will check it out for us. The same girl who took order from us saw and whisper with the male talent, he come back to us said that the table already booked high-tea set in advanced. Around 4.45pm, we saw there is high tea set served to another table again. Wondering is the high tea set really finish or they do not want to served to us due to they are too busy, insufficient staffs and can't handle the crowd.
My friend passed the birthday cake to ask them for to send to the room to surprise me, the cake sent up with the box without unwraps and without candle.
Room was great, comfortable and nice view.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Es_T232,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip advisor and W Sentosa Cove website. I am sorry to hear that you were not very satisfied during your recent stay with us. Our occupancy is typically quite high on weekends, thus our breakfast venue may get a bit crowded at times. To help to ease the overcrowding situation at The Kitchen Table, we have actually opened a second venue for breakfast. Our other restaurant, Skirt, is normally only open for dinner, but for weekends with high occupancy, we will open the restaurant for breakfast as well. Most of our guests are happy with this arrangement, as it has definitely helped to minimize the overcrowded breakfast scenes that we had faced in the past. Regarding your experience at Woo Bar, i would like to assure you that I will share your feedback with our Woo Bar team and follow up with them in person to find out what went wrong. Woo Bar can be quite a popular place for chilling out on the weekends and it can get quite full especially during tea time, reservation in advance is strongly recommended. I do apologise with regards to your cake, our talents certainly should have asked if you wanted us to open the cake box and send the cake up together with candles etc…Please accept my apologies on behalf of my team.

I am glad you had an enjoyable stay overall and look forward to welcoming
you back in the future.
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is great for family especially those who want a poolside party. The surrounding restaurants are outstanding as well. However you must prepare to travel a lot by taxi in or out the hotel as it is not at the centre of Sentosa and shuttle service is minimal.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hello Will L,
Thank you for your review. I am glad to know that overall you enjoyed staying with us, hope you will come again to enjoy the pool soon!
For our shuttle bus, I would like to share with you it runs between our hotel & town regularly and you may also reserve a seat in advance if you do not mind waiting a bit.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is beautiful, rooms are beautifully decorated and comfortable beds, my only complaints were when booking our room we requested 4 nights for 3 adults and we were given a room with one double bed, the front staff got a rollaway put in the room but it didn't leave much room to move, I found the bar to be ridiculously expensive as well as the buffet breakfast try and avoid if you are not a big eater, it cost us $169 for 3 breakfast that's a lot of money for an omelette and glass of juice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hello MsBofA,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am glad to read you liked the room and our W bed! Regarding to your room booking, I do apologise for the inconvenience it may have caused you, I would strongly recommend you to book twin beds next time (if you made your booking online, it should be indicated on the booking page for the selection of double bed or twin bed). Overall, hope you had a nice with us.
Please allow me share with you there are a lot of restaurants outside our hotel, just 2 mins walk form our hotel, may be you will consider to give them a try for a light breakfast next time.
Look forward to welcoming you back.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 16 June 2014

After trying to get in touch with the hotel through email about booking a room with a child and reminding them about 3 times I would be really keen to get an answer, I did not get any answer at all. Fairly strange.
However I decided to go ahead and book through the website which is a bit troublesome because of all the separate deals. Since it was our son’s birthday on the last day in the hotel, I added this into the comments. I was rather disappointed they did not do anything with this comment besides the guy who checks us in. He said he would wish him already happy birthday since he would probably not see him on Monday. This is the personal touch which makes a stay memorable.

Anyway, the hotel is really nice with plush bedding, interesting mood lightning and a really nice balcony with harbor views towards the sea. I really really love the W hotel beds, they are one of the most comfortable ones I have seen.

Buffet restaurant for breakfast is okay but with a lot of focus on local hot dishes and the egg-station is in a different room. I was missing basic bread toppings like a choice of cheese and cold cuts. There were jars with salad leaves and pickled olives, tomatoes etc but that would be more lunch focus I would say. Also the yoghurts were disappointing: several different milk products served in cute glass jars but yoghurt was a small tub straight from the supermarket.

The pool is really good, very big and not too deep, open 24 hours. It comes with floating fatboys and supersoakers. There is also a pool bar with limited menu and drink options though. Smoothies were all chocolate based, nothing fruity. No fresh juices, lime sodas or healthy drinks. Wine menu needs to be asked for. Food is also very limited and boils down to burgers and deep-fried stuff, hardly any healthy stuff or maybe your fried rice with veggies. For a W hotel the choices were all very locally focused and I missed the international flavors as well as the healthy part.

We booked the Island Glamour package which came with a free cocktail at the bar: basically they did not provide the voucher and I had to ask for it. The cocktail was a soda with a house pour of rum or something like that added or a soda or apple/orange/grapefruit juice. It was not even a decent cocktail or serve customers a W signature cocktail for welcome.

One other service related comment: I accidentally left a whole bunch of yakult drinks in the hotel fridge ( 6 packages with 5 bottles each) as you can buy them in Singapore only and my son loves them. After checking out we stayed another 1-1.5 hours at the pool and the hotel did not even bother to call me to indicate I left something. Normally a 5-star hotel would check your room and let you know if you forgot something. Certainly if you are still around……

This hotel is lacking a personal touch to ensure guests feel welcomed and special. It feels like a big chain hotel which is a shame.
Having said that, all staff is superfriendly.

Opposite the entrance are lots of restaurants and bars at the waterside and there is also a deli. If you walk along the water towards the Sentosa bus station there is also a cold storage (supermarket) and Watsons. This is very convenient.

Easy to get a taxi and the hotel provides a shuttle service about every hour with a few stops around Singapore.

Room Tip: Go for the fabulous rooms which have a balcony with good seating and a great view
2 Thank Mariken v
Hello Mariken v,
Thank you for taking your time to write us our feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did not entirely enjoy your stay here, especially for the morning breakfast. I would like assure that we take guest feedback seriously as we are constantly looking for ways to improve guest experience and I will share your review with team and department heads for internal discussion and improvement.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed here on starwood points, 2 adults and a four year old in a spectacular room with two double beds. The room was well appointed and spacious for us. The bathroom was a room in itself with a full sized bath and separate shower. We had a view of the pool through the trees.
One of the best parts of our stay was the pool, it and the gym were opened 24 hours. Awesome!
Even though the hotel is located away from the big attractions on Sentosa, the available transport through taxis and shuttles made it really accessible. We did find the location to be more relaxed as a result.
For dining, there were 2 restaurants on premises, just outside the hotel was Quayside Isles with lots of restaurant options nearby.
Overall a hit with our family!

Hello Stephjefferson,
Thank you very much for your excellent review, I am delighted to hear that you and your family had such an enjoyable stay with us. Do come and chill out by the pool with us real soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Hard Rock Hotel Singapore
#10 of 13 in Sentosa Island
Marina Bay
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#37 of 312 in Singapore

Been to W Singapore Sentosa Cove? Share your experiences!