“Castle in the Cove”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Miami, Florida
“Castle in the Cove”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I don't know what it is, but this W just "get's me". They always say all the right things, go the extra mile to make you happy, and when you think you know what to expect they come at you with a unique combination of personalities, added perks, and, most of all, world class service.

Checking into Sentosa Cove proved to be much more than checking into just another hotel. The W Insider team transformed my trip to Singapore into an unforgettable experience that I would not have been able to pull off on my own. They showed us Singapore's fantastic nightlife scene from unforgettable restaurants and food to the best nightclub spots and, oh yeah, karaoke! I'm not a big karaoke fan, but let's just say, I didn't have a voice when we left Singapore.

The rooms were spacious and clean. Common areas were open, bright, and very sociable. And, the pool was AMAZING.

I went into my Asia trip thinking that Singapore would be one of my favorite destinations, and sure enough it came out on top. I do not know if it was because the city itself necessarily out shined the other destinations we visited, or if it was just the memories we created while there, but I will absolutely 100% return and will not hesitate to stay in the W upon my return.

I recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone whether you are a young professional looking for a relaxing retreat in a great city, or even a family wanting to make a weekend out of the Universal Studios on the island. Great hotel to stay at and offers an incredible value for what you actually get! Can't say the same for other hotels **Cough** Marina Bay Sands **Cough**

Room Tip: The marina / pool view are absolutely worth the upgrade. It is beautiful to wake up with such an ama...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Michael R
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Hello Michael R,
Thank you very much for your fantastic review. I am thrilled to know you had such a memorable stay with us, please do come back anytime soon, our W team is fully charged and please be ready to be Wowed by us again!
Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I brought my kids for a night stay at W during end may 2014.Everything was great at checkin and out. But we had our snacks at the pool bar. Staff was not friendly and don't address the guest rightly. I saw a family from Australia and the staff at pool area wasn't keen to serve them. I feel bad for them. I wasn't happy with their attitude as well when I was asking them some questions, they were nonchalant.

Worse was I lost my sunglasses there around 720pm and I made a call to the operator. Operator on the line wasn't keen and just transfer my call out immediately. She wasn't interested in my problem! Anyway, the call was transferred and a jap- sounded like girl answered my call but she didn't understood where I put my sunglasses. After 3-4 times of explanation, she said she went to the pool bar table to search and cannot find it.
In the end, I told my kids, daddy needs to do this myself. And you know what, I found it exactly where I left it!

I stay in many 5 stars hotels and honestly W singapore sentosa needs to brush up. I just stayed in Shangrilq sentosa spa one week before W and I just can say its a different staff management altogether. Shangrilq makes me want to return there again and again. W sentosa I really don't think so. Sorry...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hello Triple999,
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to know you had a nice stay with us but I am sorry to learn about your experience by the pool and your sunglasses, it is very disappointing to know our talent (staff) were unable to assist you immediately and you were not happy with their attitude, I will obtain more details from the team and look into this further for you, please be rest assured that this is not our usual W standard and I hope you will accept my apologies on behalf of the team, we hope you will give us a chance to welcome you back in the future.
India
Reviewed 19 June 2014

W Singapore Sentosa Cove lives up to the W fun quotient.
The thing i really like about the W hotels is the vibrancy in all it's properties. They all are so lively and funky and W Sentosa is no different.
The minute you step in, it feels energetic. The lobby is well appointed.
The rooms are nice and spacious with a good size balcony. The only drawback i felt in the room was the sliding door from the bedside to the bathroom. It can be a great fun feature for a couple but trust me it's quite an irritant if you are travelling with young kids.
The pool is really nice and big and has a nice view of the marina.
Do borrow their bicycles and ride along the marina either late in the evening or early morning, its quite an experience.
Another tip is have the breakfast on the outside tables if the weather permits. The view is really nice.
I was quite happy with my stay there and would not hesitate to recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: Ask for the plunge pools one on the ground floor or the higher ones with the view of the marina.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hello Monk5000,
Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed staying with us. I have shared your feedback with the team here and they are all happy to hear from you and hope to welcome you back soon.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Was very excited about staying at the W after reading good reviews but have to say overall was very disappointed so much so that we checked out early and went to another hotel.

Design of hotel and room was nice but room lacked sufficient storage, biggest complaint with the room was the noise! From neighbours with noisy kids, alarms going off, work taking place or simply the drains it wasn't relaxing at all! Very strange to find a hotel of this standard with such poor acoustics! In addition after servicing our room, housekeeping were kind enough to leave the patio doors wide open meaning we got eaten alive from all the bugs thankfully they were the only visitors we had as a result!

Hotel only has two restaurants which are both small and not big enough for a hotel of this size, meaning breakfast was a free for all, thank god for the restaurants close by!

Overall I'd say don't go here if you are looking for a quiet relaxing hotel as for the money they are way better options in Singapore.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank crairoo
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Hello Crairoo,
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to learn about your experience and disappointment, understood your neighbours were making too much noise and you were happy with it. I would suggest you to call our Whatever Whenever next time, our team could have done something for you to make your stay with a better experience (i.e. find you another room or our team can talk to your neighbours) I apologise my team did not go extra miles to check in on you.
Please be rest assured that we take your feedback seriously and we always look for ways to improve our guest experiences. I hope you will give us a chance in future to show you the true W experience.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My friend and I are W fans! Whenever there is W, our first choice definitely will be W. I'm not very satisfied on my recent stay in W Singapore. Everything in the hotel are crowded and fully booked.
After check-in, went to Skirt to make reservation to celebrate my birthday, but had been told that the restaurant is fully booked and only available at 10pm. No choice due to we do not want to have buffet in the other restaurant Kitchen for birthday celebration, so we agreed and confirmed our reservation. A little disappointed, I understand is on weekends, maybe next time should remind guest to make reservation for the restaurant whenever there is peak seasons in the email after we booked the hotel to avoid disappointed. The services in Skirt was below our expectation due to one of the Chinese male talent/waiter who took orders from us was not friendly, arrogant, without smile. He looks like in a hurry while took order with us, my friend haven't finish her order, the talent already walk away. Kind of rude. Except the male waiter who took order with us, all the talents in Skirt are friendly, foods are delicious and above our expectation.
Next, breakfast are crowded, have to Q-up to wait for the table. After seated, we wait for the talents to offer us coffee/tea, but no one come to us. Understand that Skirt are open to serve breakfast due to large crowd, but both restaurant still very packed/crowded, it is too congestion in the peaceful morning. Solutions need to solve this issue. Other than that, the breakfast has wide variety of choice and delicious!
The whole W is really congestion in the weekends, wanna order the high tea set around 3.45pm in woobar, the lady talent told us the time to serve high tea set is over, but around 4.15pm I saw they served it to the other table. Thus, we order again with a male talent, he told us will check it out for us. The same girl who took order from us saw and whisper with the male talent, he come back to us said that the table already booked high-tea set in advanced. Around 4.45pm, we saw there is high tea set served to another table again. Wondering is the high tea set really finish or they do not want to served to us due to they are too busy, insufficient staffs and can't handle the crowd.
My friend passed the birthday cake to ask them for to send to the room to surprise me, the cake sent up with the box without unwraps and without candle.
Room was great, comfortable and nice view.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Es_T232,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip advisor and W Sentosa Cove website. I am sorry to hear that you were not very satisfied during your recent stay with us. Our occupancy is typically quite high on weekends, thus our breakfast venue may get a bit crowded at times. To help to ease the overcrowding situation at The Kitchen Table, we have actually opened a second venue for breakfast. Our other restaurant, Skirt, is normally only open for dinner, but for weekends with high occupancy, we will open the restaurant for breakfast as well. Most of our guests are happy with this arrangement, as it has definitely helped to minimize the overcrowded breakfast scenes that we had faced in the past. Regarding your experience at Woo Bar, i would like to assure you that I will share your feedback with our Woo Bar team and follow up with them in person to find out what went wrong. Woo Bar can be quite a popular place for chilling out on the weekends and it can get quite full especially during tea time, reservation in advance is strongly recommended. I do apologise with regards to your cake, our talents certainly should have asked if you wanted us to open the cake box and send the cake up together with candles etc…Please accept my apologies on behalf of my team.

I am glad you had an enjoyable stay overall and look forward to welcoming
you back in the future.
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is great for family especially those who want a poolside party. The surrounding restaurants are outstanding as well. However you must prepare to travel a lot by taxi in or out the hotel as it is not at the centre of Sentosa and shuttle service is minimal.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hello Will L,
Thank you for your review. I am glad to know that overall you enjoyed staying with us, hope you will come again to enjoy the pool soon!
For our shuttle bus, I would like to share with you it runs between our hotel & town regularly and you may also reserve a seat in advance if you do not mind waiting a bit.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is beautiful, rooms are beautifully decorated and comfortable beds, my only complaints were when booking our room we requested 4 nights for 3 adults and we were given a room with one double bed, the front staff got a rollaway put in the room but it didn't leave much room to move, I found the bar to be ridiculously expensive as well as the buffet breakfast try and avoid if you are not a big eater, it cost us $169 for 3 breakfast that's a lot of money for an omelette and glass of juice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hello MsBofA,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am glad to read you liked the room and our W bed! Regarding to your room booking, I do apologise for the inconvenience it may have caused you, I would strongly recommend you to book twin beds next time (if you made your booking online, it should be indicated on the booking page for the selection of double bed or twin bed). Overall, hope you had a nice with us.
Please allow me share with you there are a lot of restaurants outside our hotel, just 2 mins walk form our hotel, may be you will consider to give them a try for a light breakfast next time.
Look forward to welcoming you back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Hard Rock Hotel Singapore
#10 of 13 in Sentosa Island
Marina Bay
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#36 of 312 in Singapore

Been to W Singapore Sentosa Cove? Share your experiences!