“Dissapointing”

US$46.30*
and up
Sentosa Island Tour with Singapore Cable Car and Optional S.E.A Aquarium
More attraction details
Owner description: This outdoor conservatory boasts more than 50 different species of butterflies, from the rare and endangered to the more common varieties.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift
Somerset
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 251 helpful votes
“Dissapointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We are not usually Theme Park people, but we went there as my husband wanted to visit the Siliso Fort. On the whole, we were very impressed with the organisation of the theme park island with its mono rail. I had particularly wanted to see the Butterfly and Insect Park, but I have to say, I was rather disappointed.

The entrance fee was 16 dollars each. We didn’t think this was very good value for what we saw. The area which enclosed the butterflies was relatively small. The species that we saw were very beautiful, but there were not that many butterflies in total. In the next enclosure we saw an iguana and a few birds. Then there was an exhibition area with tanks full of insects including two types of scorpions, some of them alive and some of them dead. These were followed by two large rooms of pinned displays, one with lots of huge stag beetles and the other with pinned butterflies.

I had thought that there would be far more live insects and there would be much more written information about them. I have been to other butterfly parks where this was the case. Even though we enjoyed other aspects of our day at the theme park, I left feeling rather unsatisfied with this part of the Theme Park.

Visited February 2014

• Turkish first
Pongau
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“A shame for this island”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

The way animals are being kept in this Cage/Park is absolutly intolerable. Watching the birds screaming in anger and trying to escape from their tiny prison while one guy wants to push you in a photo with a lame Toucan to sell it to you afterwards is just poor. Two rabbits are being held in a box of 1 m x 0,5 m trying to hide from furious kids who consider them being toys. It's impossible to tell if the larger number of insects put into glass boxes is still alive or already dead, some still seemed to move though, and parts of the butterfly map already fell off, burying the specimen below them. In other countries a place like this would have been closed down for good.

2 Thank SiegiK
Singapore, Singapore
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Forget it not worthy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Except few butterflies a the beginning, the rest is not well maintained and not worthy at all
Keep your money and do something else

1 Thank Sofy_victor
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“Terrific little adventure for kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I avoided this place for a while because of mediocre reviews but took my 3-year-old daughter today. A huge hit! It's a side adventure among a day in Sentosa worth taking if you have little ones, or I guess just like butterflies and bugs. My daughter was smitten by the first section which had just enough butterflies flying around to get up close and personal without overdoing it. The staff were really great with children, helping them learn how to handle them - and yes, taking photos for pay - but not in an obnoxious way. After the first section with the live butterflies, there's a little walkaround with mini stops for photos with parrots, an iguana and this really cool peacock type of birdie. Then, that wraps around a little Japanese-style garden, followed by the bugs - ah, not our thing. But then along the way are a couple of rabbits in a cage who are just snug and happy. There's no big wow to this place but it's fun, quaint family entertainment. Staff are really terrific, particularly the gentleman who is clearly the uncle of the butterflies. I still don't understand the bad reviews unless perhaps they went when the butterflies weren't "in season" - then it would be disappointing. We had more than our fair share of butterflies and want to go back every now and then, too.

1 Thank AsiaMorgan
Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Visit to Sentosa Butterfly park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

My girls love butterflies and so we took a trip there. They were excited with the chance to pet the vegetarian Iguana and the chance of feeding the parrots there! We also learn something new that day that the big walking birds were actually crowned pigeon. However, I wish they will transfer the Toucan Bird to the bird park instead as the enclosure it was in was rather tiny. But overall, my family enjoyed the visit to the park.

Visited December 2013