“Traditional comfort in the very centre of Sentosa”

Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Javea
“Traditional comfort in the very centre of Sentosa”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed in on of the Heritage rooms which was very comfortable and well equipped. Our receptionist (Alicia) was charming, efficient and looked after us during our stay. The breakfast buffet was good and varied, we also had two good dinners of Asian cuisine ( others available). The swimming pool is good but extra sun beds away from the pool would be a good idea. Free wi fi. The hotel is very close to the monorail and free island bus services. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mdrxabia
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for recognizing the many positive elements of your stay; from the warm service you received from Alicia, our Assistant Butler Manager, to our breakfast offerings and the convenient location of the hotel being near the monorail station and free island bus services.

Philip Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I booked the Premium Onsen Jacuzzi Room for our anniversary celebration and my experience exceeded my expectations (esp after reading the reviews here)! Being someone whom is hard to please and nitpicks on small issues, I am quite pleased with the the hotel service and cleanliness.
The check-in was a breeze, and the front desk personnel showed us to our room. He explained to us on how to operate the jacuzzi and the room facilities with much patience. Managed to get a late check-out at 2pm and i beamed with joy. TY!
The bathrooms were clean, everything in the room was in order, the jacuzzi filled up and the outdoor space was even clean. The room temperature was not cold though, and this was due to the spacious room size, which could not be helped. We didnt have time to try the steam facility in the shower though.
Room service was surprisingly fast, food served was moderate - Nothing fancy nor a WoW factor, but acceptable.
Will surely return and stay a little longer next time!

Room Tip: The Premium Onsen Jacuzzi room is worth it if you dont plan to spend the whole day outside
1 Thank NaddyDee
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recognizing the many positive elements of your stay; from the excellent service you received from our Front Desk colleagues, to the overall quality of your room and the service from our F&B team. We appreciate your recommending our property on Trip Advisor and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Singapore
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Wanted to get away for birthday celebration and almost missed this hotel. Room rates on Sentosa are on the high side and was glad to find this hotel! Wanted to book the Onsen room but saw an online promotion that came with cable car tickets, Merlion tickets, breakfast and picnic basket! Upon check in, I requested to see the Onsen room and heritage room too. The lady was kind enough to walk through the rooms and we decided on the Heritage where we get to sleep next to the Merlion. Amenities was wonderful and the picnic basket was a treat! But it was quite noisy even though we were on level 3 as the main road was just below us. We had fun and would definitely recommend a stay here. The in room breakfast was pretty normal just French pastries with beverages and fruits.

Room Tip: Take the deluxe room with no view if you prefer a quiet room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa on Trip Advisor. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging the many positive elements of your stay, especially to your enjoyment of our Romance on Sentosa package. I would like to also acknowledge your comments on the noise from the public roads, and I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations with our in-room breakfast offerings. I will revisit this with my Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Director to ensure we make the necessary improvements.

Thank you once again for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I'll cut to the chase...

Likes:
- We were celebrating my husband's birthday and because i mentioned this in my booking, we received a hand-written card from the GM, Mr. Philip Jones, with his greetings. Thoughtful gesture.
- Not sure if there was any connection to the birthday celebration, but we were upgraded to the Heritage Room which was splendid.
- Our room was clean, comfortable and luxurious.
- Location was excellent.
- Breakfast buffet spread was pretty worth the S$25.

Dislikes:
- The only thing that I felt was really lacking was the service of the Hotel staff. Unfortunately, service matters a lot in the hospitality industry. Doormen were unfriendly and did not bother to direct us to the reception area. Because there were no clear signages, we wandered around the main lobby for a bit before finding the escalator that led to the front desk. Front desk officer was not rude, but seemed inexperienced. We arrived just under an hour before check-in time, and the room wasn't ready. That wasn't an issue although we thought the staff could have offered to show us the baggage holding area so that we need not lug them around. We could have asked, but the front desk staff appeared to be too busy. During breakfast, the waitress didn't seem interested in serving the guests. If only the hotel smiled more...

But if the Pre-Dec 2013 reviews on Tripadvisor and Booking.com are anything to go by, then i think Mr. Jones has done an amazing job to turn things around so quickly. At least, our hotel stay (other than the sullen service) was pretty pleasant throughout.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa. We truly value your opinion as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

Thank you for recognizing the many positive elements of your stay; from the quality of our rooms, the convenient location of the hotel, that places us within walking distance to all the major attractions on Sentosa, to our breakfast offerings. I also wanted to acknowledge your comments regarding the lack of service from our Front Office and F&B Service colleagues. Please know, that while neither of these issues are indicative of the level of service we typically provide and we will use your feedback to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We Stayed in this hotel on Feb 15,2014 for 1 Night to celebrate our wedding anniversary at Sentosa . Me and my wife entered the hotel 2:50 PM and I was taken to Check in desk by a person standing near entrance and Mr. Eugene Charles , Senior Life Style Manager helped me with Check-in process and it was cool & easy. While Check-in, he offered me upgrade to Suit from Deluxe Room @50$ and I was not so keen on that. But later he told that the room I have booked unavailable so he is freely upgrading me to Suit(Later I came to know it is a Heritage Premium ) and handed over me the Keys of 366 along with multiple journey tickets for Sentosa Express to use if we go to Vivo City. we were taken to Lift by Mr. Eugene Charles and on the way to Lift we were offered with Chocolates and Fruit Juice and both are very good and he showed us the way to swimming pool and gym. But as we stayed for only one day, we didn't enjoyed them..:(

We enter the Room around 3:20 PM and it was so good and elegantly done. It got a big living room and big bed room and both the romms equipped with big LED TVs and Bed Room got a Media Hub(you can connect all your device to TV), a coffee maker and a mini bar with full of drinks. But few problems with bath room. Sliding separation door between living space and bath room is not working and no bath tub. I booked the room with Sea View, but the room allotted got no view at all.

Over all I am happy with Moevenpcik. Five starts for room , five stars for services , five stars for ambiance and five stars for Mr. Eugene Charles. We do visit again...

Room Tip: No Bath Tubs are there in Heritage Premium Rooms
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recognizing the many positive elements of your stay; from the excellent service you received from Eugene, our Senior Lifestyle Manager at the front office, to welcome chocolates and juices you received upon your arrival and overall quality of your room. I also wanted to acknowledge your comments regarding the faulty sliding door, the condition of the bathroom, and that your room did not have the view you had wanted. Please know that I will reinforce this with our Engineering and front desk team to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand.

Singapore
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We booked a Deluxe room for our post V'day celebration and stayed for a night from 15th to 16th Feb. Wrote on my reservation that it's our first V'day celebration together and was hoping that the hotel made it memorable for the both of us. When we checked in, the front office staff told us we could get a Heritage Suite + breakfast for two upgrade for $80++ and we took it.

We were given the suite with the Merlion view and when we got to the room, I was blown away! The view was postcard-worthy! The room itself was big and spacious, and the bathroom was tastefully furnished and equipped with a rain-shower, double sinks and a huge bathtub. A list of exhaustive amenities including a bath scrub sponge and bath salt took me by surprise on how thoughtful the hotel is. A Nespresso coffee machine sits on one of the shelves in the living room, and four coffee capsules and TWG tea were included as complimentary refreshments. Shortly after we got to our room, the hotel had a cake sent up which they had prepared for us in view of our post Vday celebration. It was so thoughtful of the hotel and I really appreciate this gesture.

Location was just opposite Imbiah monorail station and the Siloso beach was only about fifteen minutes walk away.

The breakfast buffet was good. I love the butter croissant and banana walnut bread! I think they were freshly baked?

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa over the Valentine’s period. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging the many positive elements of your stay, especially the quality of our guestrooms and amenities contained therein, as well as homemade pastries we serve for breakfast.

Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We have just returned from a 2 day stay at the Movenpick Heritage on Sentosa Island. The level of service has improved tremendously since our previous visit in January, probably as a result of the efforts of Philip the new GM. The staff was always attentive, the room was super clean, and the buffet breakfast - which covered most of Singapore's multicultural cuisines - was an adventure. We will be back.

the Martyna family, Calgary, Canada.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Ms Martyna,

Thank you for acknowledging the many positive elements of your stay, from the level of service of our colleagues, to the cleanliness of our guest room and our buffet breakfast offerings.

I truly appreciate you kind words and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.