“Good peaceful Hotel at crowded Sentosa.”

Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Moevenpick brand I more recall as a great ice cream brand and only because of that it was my first choice to stay in this hotel.

We stayed here for 2 nights after our cruise for 3 nights during March 2014 to enjoy the Sentosa island and its offerings.

MoevenPick Hotel is a small distance away from the busy Resort World area of Sentosa. For person like me it was a plus. Well connected with all parts of Sentosa, by Monorail just across the road from the Hotel. Imbiah look out attractions are all at walkable distance like Merlion, Butterfly park, Singapore Cable car, Luge, Tiger Sky tower, 4D wonderland, Images of Singapore etc.

The lobby ambience is great. Check in was a breeze.

Rooms are big and modern with all necessary essentials available. The expresso machine was great and easy to use. For coffee lovers more appropriate than the regular water kettle kept in all hotels. The automated day / night blinds are practical. Nothing great to right about the view from the room in which we stayed.

Only thing Room No 311 gate doesn’t often shuts properly and has to be pushed a bit hard (needs some rectification).

In today’s age when even a 3 star property offers complimentary breakfast, our package was without the breakfast. Upon seeing the breakfast spread and the cost being charged for it, we decided to try elsewhere out of so many options available in Sentosa.

However, Ice creams here are simply superb.

Overall a nice stay.

3  Thank Anuj_31
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recognizing the many positive elements of your stay; from the convenient location of the hotel, that places us within walking distance to all the major attractions on Sentosa; to the quality of our rooms, which feature pamper pads and electronically controlled curtains, as well as the efficiency of our Front Desk colleagues.

I also want to acknowledge your comments regarding the faulty door to your room that did not shut properly. Please know that we will look at this immediately to ensure that this has already been rectified.

We appreciate your recommending our property on Trip Advisor and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa is a beautiful hotel, both inside and out. The staff were attentive and friendly. I had a bit of a problem with the Wi-Fi, but they fixed it one night, and then I had a different problem the next night. It was to late to bother getting it fixed, so I didn't bother.
Had both Breakfast Buffet and dinner at the hotel, and both were excellent. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable, our only real problem was that the light switches were confusing, and you could not turn on each of the bed lights separately.

Room Tip: We always prefer higher floor and a distance from the elevator, which we had. Don't know if it...
1  Thank Clive C
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recognizing the many positive elements of your stay; from the design of the hotel and friendly service received from our colleagues, to the cleanliness of the guest rooms and quality of our F&B offerings. I am glad that these elements and more, helped make this Staycation so special for you.

I also wanted to acknowledge your comments regarding the problem you faced with the Wi-Fi connection and the light switch control panel in the room. My sincere apologies for the shortfall.

Thank you once again for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I drove to hotel carpark. As it was full the guard direct me to park near a corner and placr cone to block it. Nice gestures anyway. Check in was a brezze. There was free ice cream at the lobby. We book an onsen jazzcui room. The room was fabulous! ! It was great! Too bad it does't come with a bathtub.. buffet dinner was not quite a spread. Not much variety to choose . But their buffet breakfast was simply awesome. . The staff was very helpful and smiling too. Can improve more on the buffet dinner .

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, particularly the helpful service you received from our Security colleagues, as well as the prompt check-in at front desk and the welcome Moevenpick ice-cream provided for our guests. I also want to acknowledge your positive comments regarding the facilities in our Premium Onsen Jacuzzi Suite and make note that the reason these rooms do not feature a tub in the bathroom, is that there is the outdoor Onsen tub and by not incorporating a tub in the bathroom, we were able to provide a shower room that also doubles up as a steam room, these are the only rooms in the hotel to have such facilities.

We have also taken note of your comments on our themed buffets and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast offerings and the warm service from our F&B colleagues.

We appreciate you recommending our property on Trip Advisor and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed here on the 11th and 12th of March 2014. We really wanted this hotel on our outward journey as well as the journey back from Australia but it was fully booked on the 15th and 16th Feb. What a shame as our stay here was perfect. The staff couldn't be more helpful and the food was really good. We had o stay at The Amara Sanctuary on the 1st leg and was so let down by the service that we were looking forward to the Moevenpick with great anticipation. The room was great and the small touches like the expresso machine and free water was things that made our holiday. Location is great - even though we liked Sentosa when we first visited 12 years ago we are not so keen on the theme park it has turned into, but progress is progress and places evolve. This hotel is well situated with the free monorail going straight into Vivo City.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, from the warm welcome you received from our colleagues, to the prime location of our hotel, as well as the Nespresso coffee machines provided in all our guest rooms. I am glad that these elements and more, helped make this last leg of your holiday so special for you.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We planned a staycation and booked a night in this hotel. When we enter, the orchid smell welcome us. Directions could be better in the hotel. Spacious room but the living room couch pillow was dirty. At night, you can clearly hear the noise from the road and whoever that is partying downstairs at 1am. This hotel could do better with soundproofing the walls, but overall quite a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: March 2014
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recognizing the many positive elements of your stay; from our unique hotel fragrance to the size of the Heritage Premium Room. I also wanted to acknowledge your comment regarding the noise from the band and from the public roads as well as the cleanliness of our throw pillow. My sincere apologies for failing to provide you with an impeccable visit. Please know, that while neither of these issues are indicative of the level of service we typically provide, we will use your feedback to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand.

We appreciate your recommending our property on Trip Advisor and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent location its just opposite Imbia station. The room was beautiful with nice comfortable bed. Walking distance to universal studio. I had a pleasant stay at this hotel will definitely recommend to my friends.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, from the prime location of the hotel that places us within walking distance to all the major attractions on Sentosa and the Sentosa Express monorail, to the design of the room and the quality of our beds. I am glad that these elements and more, helped make this Staycation so special for you.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We took a gamble on the Expedia "secret saver" deal and were pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be the Moevenpick. Service was spot on, to the level that they saw it was my wifes birthday when checking her passport and arranged for a cake to be delivered to the room.., also to the bar where we were drinking the night before which was fun. Location is great, literally opposite the Imbiah station so travel back to Singapore or to the beach was effortless. About 3 min walk to the train. My wife was particularly taken with the in room expresso machine, lovely touch. I would heartily recommend this hotel, food, drink both in the evening and at breakfast was excellent too.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, from the warm service you received from my colleagues, to the fabulous location of our hotel, as well as the facilities in the room and quality of our breakfast. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

I truly appreciate your kind words and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.