“Nice hotel, great stay!”

Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
New Delhi, India
“Nice hotel, great stay!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed at the new wing of the Moevenpick in the last week of April and can recommend the hotel without reservation.

The hotel location is very convenient to get around and in/out of Sentosa due to its location opposite a Sentosa monorail stop. It is also a short walk from the Resorts world casino and all its eating, gaming and entertainment options. A short monorail ride takes one to Vivocity mall and all the transportation options available there.

The room itself was small but nicely appointed. A Nespresso machine was provided in the room. The bathroom was very well designed, spacious and stocked with Etro toiletries.

The check-in and check-out process was very smooth and the ladies at the reception were very helpful when we asked for recommendations.

We did not eat any meals at the hotel but did try a few 'not too easy to find' single malts and whiskies at WOW (world of whisky). They claim to have the largest selection of whiskey in the world.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vbh812
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the prime location of the hotel that places us within walking distance to all the major attractions on Sentosa and the Sentosa Express monorail, and of course, the overall quality of our guestrooms and the amenities within. I am also glad that our Front Desk colleagues were efficient and helpful to you and that you had the chance to try our whiskeys at The WoW lounge which offers a wide range of over 400 of the finest premium and rare whiskeys from all over the world, which are sent to us from World of Whisky located at Waldhaus am See in St. Moritz, Switzerland. As we indicated they are indeed the Guinness Book World Record Holder for the largest collection of Single malt whisky’s with over 3,000 varietals in their collection. We also hope, that you will have the opportunity to try some of the many wonderful dishes offered at our all-day-dining restaurant, Tablescape, when you stay with us on your next visit to Sentosa.

Thank you once again for the feedback and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel when you next visit Sentosa.

Philip Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We spent two nights at the Heritage Merlion view room between 25-27 May and the overall stay was good.

Some positives and improvements
1. Nice maintained property Opp RWS and good access to the Imbiah station.
2. Room was good with enough space as promised in the website. However, if are staying with family (children) - the almost open bathroom doors (translucent glass) could be uncomfortable.
3.we took the room (361) to have a good view of the Merlion, however it was a disappointing to get a 75%view only however hard we tried. If you really like to have a Merlion view this is not the room.
4. The breakfast was good with options of Indian cuisine - taste was good.
5. Check-in was fine but with lot of customers they forget to give welcome drinks - not a big deal.
6. Staff was courteous throughout the stay.

Overall a good place and we enjoyed the stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with your family at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; from the convenient location of the hotel, that places us within walking distance to the Sentosa Express monorail station and all the major attractions on Sentosa, to the courteous and friendly service provided by our colleagues, as well as our spacious Heritage Premium Room. We are also grateful to your comments on areas where we can improve and that our breakfast offerings are able to meet with your dietary needs.

I truly appreciate your kind words and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Singapore
Reviewed 29 May 2014

If you like old colonial style hotel. This is the one right for you. The hotel building was built in 1940. This hotel is accessible via the Harbourfront MRT station, entering the Vivocity shopping mall and follow the sign for Sentosa Express, a short tram ride align at Imbiah Station. The hotel is just beside the station. For wheel-chaired bound guest, I would advise a taxi ride into Sentosa Island because there are some stairs from the tram station to the hotel.

At a short 5 minutes walking distant, you would arrive at the Sentosa Resort World for exciting theme park -Universal Studio, the S.E.A Aquarium & Casino.

After a fulfilling exciting time at the resort world, the hotel located at this quiet corner will give you some resting moment to relax.

My best personal preference, the hotel is small and not too crowded. You won't see big group tour hovering at the hotel lobby because the reception counter is located at another corner of the hotel. The main entrance is a peaceful, greenery walk of a long aisle, stream of light shining through the tall windows. I like to sit along the aisle to eat my movenpick ice-cream. The hotel smell good because its scented.

The ceilings of the room is tall and there is a full glass window panel beside the bed. Play your favourite music cd with the dvd player and enjoy the nice music surrounding this white spacious bedroom. The bed is soft but firm guaranteed a good sleep. Brew a good espresso with the coffee machine with 4 different type of coffee flavor to choose. I think this is too pampered for me.
The breakfast spread is quite a variety, my favourite is the muffin. Do not miss it.

Room Tip: I have stayed at the heritage premium room at level 2, choose the even number room if you prefer a g...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; from the historic feel of our Heritage Wing, to the prime location of the hotel that places us within walking distance to all the major attractions on Sentosa, as well as the serene and warm ambience of our hotel that enabled you to relax and enjoy our delightful Moevenpick ice-cream.

I am also glad to know that you had enjoyed our Heritage Premium Room, the amenities within and of course our delectable breakfast offerings.

We certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa when you next visit Sentosa.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Succinct and to the point because nobody has time to dilly dally:

Pros:
Right in front of the tram so you can get around quickly.
Rooms look classy.
Nice-looking hotel

Cons:
-Good luck getting any type of warmth or service from the staff
-The check in and check out process is convoluted with the lobby really far below where you think the front desk should be
-Expensive for the lackluster service you truly get
-Stingy on giving free breakfast

Now here's a really important take. Why would you pay exorbitant prices at this hotel's restaurants when you can take the tram and in 5 minutes you are at cheaper restaurants for at least 60% less than what Movenpick is charging?

Why did I pick Movenpick?
Location. But you'd think if you're paying close to $300/night, you'd get at least some kind of good service right. Nope. So be aware of this.

Room Tip: Stay outside of Sentosa.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank M L
Dear Guest,

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in personal service and facilities and I am grateful to receive your comments on the areas where we can improve. Please know, that while this is not indicative of the level of service we typically provide, we will use your feedback to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand. I have also noted your comments regarding our restaurants’ pricing and I would like to assure you that the price is very much in line with other five star hotels on Sentosa.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding the positive elements of your stay; from the convenient location of our hotel which is just across the Sentosa Express station, to the classy design of our hotel.

Again, my sincere apologies for failing to provide you with an impeccable visit. We certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Since I just checked out 10 hours ago and the experience is still fresh in mind, I would like to share my feedback on having a birthday celebration with Moevenpick.

We would like to thank AFOM Ms. Jeanie Lau, Rochelle and Rachel from front office and Francis from service plus who had given/attended to us. The service were all wonderful and they deserve to be known for the kind service they had given us.

The ambience of the hotel is wonderful. Check in was smooth and we were brought to our room which was upgraded to the heritage room. The room is honestly lovely toilet is very clean and I couldnt at all complain.

It shocked me though that there were no toilet ammenities in the bathroom. I wonder if I am in the right room. no toothbrush, no soap nor shampoo. Wanted to call the reception when I realise that the cordless phone was lying in the bathroom, and the battery died.

Called Ms. Lau and she has asked the room attendant to assist me immediately. Problem solved and she even gave me 2 complimentary ice cream. Weighing scale in the bathroom is not working and I dont bother to call for assistance because I dont really need it.

I requested for a cake to be delivered at 9pm. It was very prompt. However the person left us with a cake and a candle with no lighter or matchsticks. So we couldnt light it.

This is really sad and I hope the hotel could do something about it and improve on this.

My stay was just okay. Might or might not come back if I visit Sentosa again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa. We truly value your opinion as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in service and facilities and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations or our own service standards in relation to our housekeeping services and the service provided by our F&B colleagues. Please know, that while neither of these issues are indicative of the level of service we typically provide, I have addressed this matter with the appropriate individuals to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand.

I am also grateful to receive your kind words regarding the excellent service you received from our Front Office colleagues; Jeannie, Rochelle, Rachel as well as Francis from Service Plus, who were able to attend to your needs efficiently. Please know that we have shared your comments with these individuals and recognized them accordingly.

Again, my sincere apologies for failing to provide you with an impeccable visit. We hope you will give us the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again in the refined ambiance and service excellence for which we are known and that you as our valued guests have come to expect from residing at our hotel.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Let me start with the positive features. The hotel smells very nice when you walk in, which is particularly nice coming from a hot humid day of traveling. The room is adequate. The bed is comfortable. The bath robe is very cute. The bathroom is spacious (with a bathtub) and very clean. It is next to the Sentosa rail and also 3 min walk to Universal studio. There are computers to use for free and printing is also free as well.

However, it is fair to state that when I visit a four star/five star resort, which looks rather similar to all of its competitors, services (with a heart, not robotic) are very important. Moevenpick, in my opinion, shows very little care to its customers.

When I checked in, I inquired if I could be in a king bed room rather than the twin bed. this was not possible given "the hotel is very full". I was a bit surprised to hear that bc I didn't really see any people around but fair enough I could live with its explanation. The reception advised that I could push the two beds together if I want, which was rather shocking since all the other four/five star resorts would almost always offer to rearrange the beds for the customers rather than asking the customers to do it. Several similar minor incidents like the above happened throughout my stay, which I might have been able to overlook sans the unpleasant check out process.

The night prior to check out, I requested a late check out to 3pm bc I would like to visit the waterpark next day and shower would be necessary after a visit to the waterpark. The reception informed me that this wouldn't be able to be confirmed until the next morning at 9am (which was again rather bizarre, as all other hotels seem to manage to know how many guests they are expecting the night before). Okay I politely asked the reception to provide a response at 9am in the morning. 10am came and there was no response. I had to again call the reception to inquire and was informed this was not possible because the hotel "was expecting a large tourist group" - I would've thought large tourist groups don't really make reservations the morning of their arrival date and I was truly puzzled why the reception couldn't give me a definite response the night before so I could plan other activities since the waterpark would not be an option.

Having stayed at other similar resorts on Sentosa, I think there are other better alternatives on the beautiful island and will not recommend this to anyone who has an expectation of hotel services.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SpiceFan123
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest,

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in personal service and facilities and I am truly sorry that our Front Desk colleagues were unable to provide you with an appropriate solution for your request of a room with a king size bed, as well as not reverting back to you in a timely fashion on your late check-out request. Please know, that while neither of these issues are indicative of the level of service we typically provide, I have addressed this matter with the appropriate individuals to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding our unique hotel fragrance, the amenities provided within our guestroom and the convenient location next to all of the major attractions on Sentosa.

Again, my sincere apologies for failing to provide you with an impeccable visit. I hope you will call on me personally on your next visit to Sentosa so that I could ensure your next stay would not only meet, but far exceed your expectations, with this in mind I have provided all my contact details below.

Mobile: +65 9023 5791
E-Mail: Philip.jones@moevenpick.com
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We chose this hotel because it is the nearest hotel to RWS. In fact, the hotel is just beside the Sentosa Express, very convenient.

Checking-in was smooth and front office staff was polite and welcoming.

As we have booked a heritage suite, we have to go up the escalator and go towards the restaurant to take the lift in order to reach our room.

The 40sqm room was spacious for my family. The room faces the corridor of the opposite block where the deluxe rooms are. The bathroom can be accessed either from the bedroom or living area. The bathroom amenities were adequate but we feel that they should give 2 sets of bath toiletries since there were free-standing soaking tub and separate rain shower glass cubicle.

Room service was very prompt. We had our supper delivered in 40mins, as promised. Nasi Goreng Istimewa is a must try!

We had breakfast at Tablescape. Food was average without much variety. Luckily, the service in Tablescape makes up for it. Plates were cleared promptly and there was a contant refilling of our hot drinks.

Will come back again and try their deluxe room or onsen suite.

(by the way, we are still wondering where did the guests get their moevenpick ice cream?..... puzzled)

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa on Trip Advisor. We truly value your opinion as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of our hotel and the warm and friendly service provided by our colleagues. We are also glad to know that you had enjoyed our Heritage Premium Room and its facilities within, as well as the efficient service from our F&B colleagues. We have noted that you did not managed to try our Moevenpick ice-cream this visit and hope that we would be able to serve you our famous sweet treat the next time you stay with us.

Thank you once again for your kind words and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel soon.