“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The first night wasn't very pleasant as the noise from the renovation work were very close to our room, in the early morning we complained to the reception and they moved us to better suit with free wifi and mini bar as a compensation for our first night. the hotel location is perfect to reach all the attractions in sentosa island

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Abdulla A
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to hear that noises from the external road works had prevented you from having a thoroughly relaxing stay and I am glad that my Front Desk colleagues were able to provide you with an appropriate solution.

I am also grateful to receive your comment regarding the convenient location of our hotel that places us within walking distance to all the major attractions on Sentosa. Our location is truly a wonderful asset, which all guests appreciate.

We appreciate your recommending our property on Trip Advisor and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel when you next visit Sentosa.

Philip Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 June 2014

we stayed at the movenpick for 2 nights recently and had initially booked the Heritage room, however upon contacting the hotel they advised this would not be suitable for us (as we were grandmother, mother and 4yr old daughter travelling together) and suggested we upgrade (at huge expense) to the Onsen suite. Upon arrival we were disappointed that the hotel lobby is not in the lovely entrance you see from the street, but to the side of the hotel and not at all welcoming, we were also not welcomed by ice cream or anything else as previous reviews have suggested? In fact we never saw a movenpick icecream during our stay at all and were somewhat surprised by this. Anyway, we were literally gutted when taken to our "suite" down a noisy and quite dingy hallway. The room itself was tiny with 2 single beds together. Not at all suitable for our family and no room at all even if we wanted a roll away bed. The outside area was vast but totally not suitable for us or our small child. In the end we had to spend a night in this room as the hotel was full but managed to get into a Heritage room (as per our original booking) for the 2nd night. This room was lovely and plenty big enough for us all. The bath tub was a blessing as was the separate lounge area. Exactly what we had wanted all along, it was just such a shame we didn't have it the first night! The hallway to this room was lovely and very welcoming, we had no hallway noises like we did the first night and plenty of space to relax. I would not recommend the Onsen rooms to anyone. I still find it hard to work out why the rate difference for these? We had room service which was excellent, but disappointed they didn't offer childrens menus on the room service menus as the childrens menu in the restaurant was great. The location of the hotel is excellent. The pool is slightly strange and definitely not a place for children to play but probably great for couples or traveling on your own. I have mixed feelings about this hotel

Room Tip: avoid paying more for the Onsen suite as the Heritage rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa. We truly value your opinion as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

I would like to acknowledge your feedback on your disappointment of not being able to enjoy the Heritage Room on the first day of your stay and your thoughts on our Onsen Suite. My sincere apologies for failing to provide you with an impeccable visit. Please know, that while neither of these issues are indicative of the level of service we typically provide and we will use your feedback to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand.

We have noted that you did not managed to try our Moevenpick ice-cream this visit and hope that we would be able to serve you our famous sweet treat the next time you stay with us. I would also like to assure you that the Onsen Suite is one of our higher room category which offers a dual steam and shower room, an outdoor hot tub as well as the recently enhanced balcony area with furniture such as lounge beds, dining tables and chairs, and mood lamps.

I am grateful also to receive your comments regarding the positive elements of your stay; from the children menu offered at our restaurant to the prime location of the hotel that places us within walking distance to all the major attractions on Sentosa.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel when you next visit Sentosa.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here for a romantic weekend getaway and couldn't have enjoyed myself more! The colonial exterior and modern rustic interior was charming, as are the staff who were absolutely friendly, helpful and attentive as well. Room was spacious, and the bath was just as huge and well serviced. The buffet breakfast was a steal - you won't find this sort of quality and variety at other similarly-ranked hotels for the same price. The hotel is directly across the monorail, which makes for getting into and around the island convenient (not necessarily easy. I prefer to just grab a taxi to get to the main land). It is only a 5mins walk to Siloso beach, which had plenty of things to do in the daytime. At night, not so - Sentosa tends to shut down after dark and even the night life closes relatively early (around midnight). I believe free wifi is provided, but did not utilize this. Parking is available for guests, although spaces are limited and some lots tend to be a bit tight.

Room Tip: Request for a room away from the elevator as that area tends to be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank harlequeen_yx
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa on Trip Advisor. We truly value your opinion as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the design of both our Heritage and Contemporary wings, the layout of our guestroom and its facilities within as well as the warm and attentive service provided by my colleagues. I am also glad that you had enjoyed the variety of our breakfast offerings and the fabulous location of our hotel that places us within walking distance to all the major attractions on Sentosa.

Thank you once again for your kind words and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel soon.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Currently staying in the hotel in the heritage wing and last night to our horror we found red ants crawling on the bed, side table and the racks below the T.V. Got the room changed.......what a hassle. Further when called up on the butler service for ordering pasta, I got the reply that we don't have pasta and you pls get it from the Seven Eleven !!!!then will cook for you. God must say that if Movenpick doesn't improve upon their services then very soon people will stop staying in there properties. The new room is a smaller room as I had booked there heritage premium room initially.

Room Tip: Pls avoid there heritage premium rooms as lotta red ants. Though now I'm sure management will do...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Asim125
Dear Guest,

From the outset, please accept my apologies for failing to provide you with an impeccable stay. It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in personal service and facilities.

While I was disappointed to learn of your experience, I know that my Front Office Manager; Victoria made every effort to ensure your genuine care and comfort. I also understand that since you wrote this review while still in the hotel, that Victoria provided a number of gestures which helped make the rest of your stay more enjoyable. I would also like to point out that my engineering team went through your room in detail to find the source of the ants and unfortunately, we discovered that the sliding window on the ground was not fully closed. Please know that my team of engineers has gone through every room in our heritage wing to ensure that this oversight does not affect other guests moving forward.

Again, I hope you will be able to forgive us and should you wish to discuss this matter further, please do reach out to me by any of the means listed below. We certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again.

Mobile: +65 9023 5791
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Booked a heritage room for birthday and wedding anniversary staycation. The check in was fast but there is no one serve us welcome drink or ice cream like others said. There is no one guide us to the room, and the room door is opened when we reach the room, there is one bag left on the sofa(house keeper's bag), the bathroom floor and sink is wet, I dont know it's the room done cleaning or not. TV is too small for the room, bed is queen size not king size. Location wise is good, with a merlion view. Five star hotel but no breakfast offered for us.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joanne R
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guest,

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in personal service and facilities and I am truly sorry that our Front Desk colleagues did not provide you with the welcome drinks upon your check-in or even escorted you to your room, as is our standard. I would like to also apologize for my colleagues’ oversight, whereby a room that was still in the process of being inspected was released to you accidentally. Please know, that while this is not indicative of the level of service we typically provide, I have addressed this matter with the appropriate individuals to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand.

I am also grateful to receive your comment regarding the convenient location next to all of the major attractions on Sentosa.

Again, my sincere apologies for failing to provide you with an impeccable visit and should you wish to discuss this matter further, please do reach out to me by any of the means listed below. We certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again.

Mobile: +65 9023 5791
E-Mail: Philip.jones@moevenpick.com
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed at the new wing of the Moevenpick in the last week of April and can recommend the hotel without reservation.

The hotel location is very convenient to get around and in/out of Sentosa due to its location opposite a Sentosa monorail stop. It is also a short walk from the Resorts world casino and all its eating, gaming and entertainment options. A short monorail ride takes one to Vivocity mall and all the transportation options available there.

The room itself was small but nicely appointed. A Nespresso machine was provided in the room. The bathroom was very well designed, spacious and stocked with Etro toiletries.

The check-in and check-out process was very smooth and the ladies at the reception were very helpful when we asked for recommendations.

We did not eat any meals at the hotel but did try a few 'not too easy to find' single malts and whiskies at WOW (world of whisky). They claim to have the largest selection of whiskey in the world.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vbh812
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the prime location of the hotel that places us within walking distance to all the major attractions on Sentosa and the Sentosa Express monorail, and of course, the overall quality of our guestrooms and the amenities within. I am also glad that our Front Desk colleagues were efficient and helpful to you and that you had the chance to try our whiskeys at The WoW lounge which offers a wide range of over 400 of the finest premium and rare whiskeys from all over the world, which are sent to us from World of Whisky located at Waldhaus am See in St. Moritz, Switzerland. As we indicated they are indeed the Guinness Book World Record Holder for the largest collection of Single malt whisky’s with over 3,000 varietals in their collection. We also hope, that you will have the opportunity to try some of the many wonderful dishes offered at our all-day-dining restaurant, Tablescape, when you stay with us on your next visit to Sentosa.

Thank you once again for the feedback and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel when you next visit Sentosa.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We spent two nights at the Heritage Merlion view room between 25-27 May and the overall stay was good.

Some positives and improvements
1. Nice maintained property Opp RWS and good access to the Imbiah station.
2. Room was good with enough space as promised in the website. However, if are staying with family (children) - the almost open bathroom doors (translucent glass) could be uncomfortable.
3.we took the room (361) to have a good view of the Merlion, however it was a disappointing to get a 75%view only however hard we tried. If you really like to have a Merlion view this is not the room.
4. The breakfast was good with options of Indian cuisine - taste was good.
5. Check-in was fine but with lot of customers they forget to give welcome drinks - not a big deal.
6. Staff was courteous throughout the stay.

Overall a good place and we enjoyed the stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with your family at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; from the convenient location of the hotel, that places us within walking distance to the Sentosa Express monorail station and all the major attractions on Sentosa, to the courteous and friendly service provided by our colleagues, as well as our spacious Heritage Premium Room. We are also grateful to your comments on areas where we can improve and that our breakfast offerings are able to meet with your dietary needs.

I truly appreciate your kind words and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.