“Fantastic staycation experience!”

Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Booked the onsen suite as a surprise for my boyfriend's 30th birthday. The onsen suite was impeccable. Jacuzzi was clean and well maintained, and we were given complimentary packets of Japanese bath salts.

I informed the hotel that I was planning a birthday surprise and Ashraf offered us a free bottle of red wine, cake and strawberries coated with chocolates. It was perfect! He even gamely agreed to be part of the act to keep my bf in suspense.

Service rendered by the other hotel staff was also warm and good. However one of the front line staff who I spoke to over the phone was rather rude and inexperienced. When I asked her about how the hotel could help with surprise, she gave a rather textbook answer by telling me that the hotel could fold some swans but that would cost $50. She also sounded very confused when I asked her about sake which I understand from a blog was given as a complimentary gift to other hotel guests.

Overall it was nonetheless a great experience and I would highly recommend this hotel for its excellent onsen room and service!

• Stayed: June 2014
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review of your experience on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you and your boyfriend enjoyed a wonderful birthday celebration at our Onsen Suite and that my colleague, Asraf, was helpful in assisting you with the birthday surprise.

I wish to acknowledge your feedback regarding one of my front line colleague who did not display due care and understanding when answering your queries. Please know, that while this is not indicative of the level of service we typically provide, I have addressed this matter with the appropriate individuals to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand.

Thank you once again for the feedback and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel when you next visit Sentosa.

Philip Jones

Write a ReviewReviews (1,481)

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Service: Staff members were very warm, polite and professional.

Location: Very accessible. Less than a 100m walk from Imbiah station.

Room: Loved it! We received a complimentary upgrade to the Onsen Suite. Beautiful and clean room with private outdoor onsen jacuzzi. Daily delivery of complimentary newspapers and fruits/dessert.

Breakfast: Quality and wide variety. One of the best breakfast buffets we have had at a hotel.

Facilities: Well-maintained infinity pool and gym.

Overall, it was a very enjoyable stay and we'll definitely return for another staycation. :)

• Stayed: June 2014
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for recognizing so many positive elements of your stay; from the professionalism and friendliness extended to you by my colleagues, to the prime location of the hotel that places us within walking distance to the Sentosa Express station and all the major attractions on Sentosa.

I am also grateful that you had enjoyed our newly enhanced Onsen Suite that features the outdoor Jacuzzi tub, the quality and variety of our breakfast offerings, and our hotel facilities. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

We appreciate your recommending our property on Trip Advisor and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel when you next visit Sentosa.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Traveled with family and got rooms upgraded. Overall we are happy with our stay here for 3 nights. Staff are nice. The hotel is just two minutes walk from the Sentoa Express Imbiah station, it's very convenient to travel around the Island as well as to the Vivo City. Lobby smells good with relaxing aroma scent.

Some areas a bit frustrated me though.

One is the bathroom doors. The bathroom might be designed mainly for couples. The two doors to the bathroom both are sliding doors semi-seethrough from the outside without locks. Therefore, if someone is using the toilet, better to warn the rest of the family not to go near.

The other is re housekeeping. Dust fell into my eyes when I closed the bathroom door on Day 1 and I could see dust on the glass shelf of the mini bar area. We only got 4 small espresso cups in our room but in my parents room, there are 2 espresso + 2 coffee cups, so we have to use a glass to make a regular coffee with the nice Nespresso coffee machine. One or all two hand towels were missing after Day 1. Toilet seat is kinda slightly stained. The fridge in my parent room smells like a durian, it might be heaven for durian lovers but unfortunately not us .....

Not a big deal, but definitely it can be better.

Also, fruit punch is available at check-in counter but we didn't see any free icecream in our stay though.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa. We truly value your opinion as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

I am grateful that you had highlighted so many positive elements of your stay particularly the convenient location of the hotel and our unique hotel fragrance. I also wanted to acknowledge your comment regarding the oversight from my Housekeeping team for failing to provide you with the regular coffee cups and replenish the hand towels when they should have. I had also noted your feedback about the stained toilet seat and the unpleasant smell from the mini-bar fridge. Please know, that while neither of these issues are indicative of the level of service we typically provide, I have addressed this matter with the appropriate individuals to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Nice room and the ambience is great . The room is very spacious and the interior are great. Very classic and the service are excellent! The room are so big. I love their infinity pool and their jacuzzi. Staffs are friendly and helpful. I love their big room.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mischkaagatha

Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, from the design and spaciousness of our guestroom, to our inviting infinity pool and Jacuzzi as well as, the warm and friendly service provided by my colleagues. I am glad that these elements and more, helped make this Staycation so special for you.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent two days at Sentosa in November 2013. We chose this hotel due to it being located directly across a station. Check in was a breeze and the reception staff were friendly. The room was a bit small but clean. The breakfast had a good variety. The hotel is within walking distance to the Merlion. Im sure that there are better hotels on the island but this would be ideal in terms of ease in getting around.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; from the convenient location of the hotel, that places us within walking distance to the Sentosa Express monorail station and all the major attractions on Sentosa, to the efficient and friendly service provided by my Front Desk colleagues, and the cleanliness of our guestroom. I am also grateful to your comments on the variety of our breakfast offerings.

I truly appreciate your kind words and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Its was my 1st wedding anniversary and we decided to spend 3days and 2N at moevenpick sentosa. The hotel's location is very good. The staff is very courteous and the hospitality is amazing. The chef cooked delicious veg food on special request which really made our anniversary and our stay memorable.Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zeal22

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa. We really appreciate that you chose to stay with us on this special occasion and that we have been successful in making this a memorable anniversary stay for you and your partner.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and we sincerely appreciate your kind words regarding the convenient location of the hotel to many of the popular tourist attractions, the warm and friendly service provide by my colleagues, as well as the personalized service from our Chef who prepared Indian food for you.

I wish you both a continued lifetime of happiness together and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future, or at the very least for your next anniversary celebration.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hotel is housed in a grand colonial building on the island, oozing with rustic charm yet has all the modern facilities you can expect with the update Mövenpick has given it from the previous Treasure Resort. The building glows seductively after dark in its warm lighting and is my fave architecture on Sentosa. The entrance and lobby are equally grand while the vast green fields on the property keeps you away from the busy roads. Perfect for a relaxing getaway or simply just to be transported back to the colonial days and idle the weekend away.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa on Trip Advisor. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, particularly the historic feel and design of our Heritage wing and the cozy ambience that exudes within the hotel. I am glad to know that these elements helped to provide an enjoyable stay for you and your partner.

I appreciate your recommending our property on Trip Advisor and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa for another Staycation in the very near future.