“Service Could Be Better”

Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
“Service Could Be Better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Had our 2nd stay for 4days 3 nights. Everything else was good except that during checked in we were delayed for nearly 1hr 15 mins due to rooms not ready (had problems with either the shower/bathroom). We can't be allocated to another room as all rooms were fully booked. That we understand but what we didn't expected was that no staffs came to update us that our 10-15 mins or a while later or even a few mins wait actually took longer that it should. Its always us who have to keep going back to the counter & asked if its ready. We were left wondering to ourselves what is happening, when we can check in or whether there really is a room for us. We seriously hope that the staffs can be more pro active & had the initiative to update the customer rather than we keep going back to the counter & asked the checked in status for more than 3x. Nonetheless, we were given the late checked out at 2pm as part of the service recovery. We do understand that such unexpected things can happen but when it does, we still expect the same kind of professional service from the staffs.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

While we were happy to learn of your overall satisfaction, we were also grateful to receive your comments regarding your arrival experience. Please know, that while this is not indicative of the level of service we typically provide, I have addressed this matter with the appropriate individuals to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa soon.

Yours sincerely,

Philip Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was our second time staying at Moevenpick. I booked the deluxe King and was upgraded to the One Bedroom Suite. The suite was huge, clean and perfect!

I will definite come back again because:-

1. Perfect location in Sentosa as very near Imbah Station
2. Helpful, polite and friendly staff. Kudos to the staff!!!

I also love the ambience of this hotel. Upon entrance, you will be greeted by wonderful floral aroma.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; from design and cleanliness of our guest room to the fabulous location of the hotel that places us within walking distance to Sentosa Express station, as well as the warm and friendly service from my colleagues. I am also glad to know that you had enjoyed the serene ambience of the hotel and our unique hotel fragrance.

We certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa when you next visit Sentosa.

Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed at the Moevenpick at the end of our tour of Vietnam in late March. The hotel is beautifully appointed and our deluxe suite was fabulous. The breakfasts were superb and the cocktails especially good. The location is ideal for visiting Sentosa Island and getting to the centre of Singapore is so easy with a connection to the MRT just outside the hotel. We met the Manager Phillip during our stay and he is so committed to making this hotel one of the very best. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa. It is a pleasure meeting up with you.

I appreciate your acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the design and facilities within our Deluxe Room, our breakfast offerings and cocktails selection at The WoW, as well as the convenient location of the hotel, that places us within walking distance to the Sentosa Express station. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay

We appreciate your recommending our property on Trip Advisor and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Navi Mumbai, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Let me first start by saying, I came to this hotel after having had the worst flight of my life. Thanks to air india and their rude staff. The hotels check in time was 3 pm and we arrive at 7 .30 am. We had already written to the hotel GM and a lady named Victoria about our predicament. We were traveling with our 3.5 yr old daughter and we needed an early check in. They had assured us that they would try their best. We arrived at the hotel fully expecting that we would have to repeat our issue coz the staff would have no clue. Wonders of wonders.... The staff was well informed of our arrival and they got onto the job and arranged for an early check in. They allowed us to rest in the lounge whilst our room was getting ready. We got the room at 12. Still an early check in , imagine us waiting till 3 pm after a sleepless night. We were lucky to be upgraded into the business suite and must I say I was completely wowed. The rooms itself were spacious and airy. The towels were genuinely super fluffy. Even the quality of the soaps and shampoos were noteworthy.
Our entire stay- we stayed for 6 days was mind blowing. The chef took extra efforts in knowing our choices. There was another indian family who requested that the chef make parathas for their breakfast. I think it was chargeable but worth it!
I would like to mention Jeannie front desk manager , Patrick - staff, another staff person whose name I forget but who magically produced a pair of tweezers when I needed one, the housekeeping staff and another gentleman( manager types) whose name I forget who allowed us to be seated in the lounge whilst our room was ready and the unsung heroes who worked in the background to keep it running so smoothly. This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in! For all those travelers to singapore, please stay here. There are two reasons A)the lovely staff B)You need 3 days at sentosa anyway. 2 days for sea aquarium, adventure cove etc and 1 day for universal. So this works out best. You can roam a bit, come back, sleep and then set off again. It's so convenient. Plus you save on the toll every time you come in to sentosa. The hotel gives you a card which makes your multiple entry free.
The staff goes out of the way to handle your queries and help you in anyway to make your stay in singapore and the hotel worthwhile.
To the hotel management- you have hand picked the best staff imaginable. Now please keep them happy and ensure they stay with you. Kudos everyone!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank ShinyBee
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review of your experience on Trip Advisor. We were delighted to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay at The Mövenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and we sincerely appreciate your kind words regarding the excellent service you received from my colleagues from Front Desk, Housekeeping and Jeannie, our Assistant Front Office Manager, who were able to attend to your needs efficiently. I am also glad that you had enjoyed our spacious guestroom and the amenities within, as well as the personalized service from Chef Patrick who prepared Indian food for you and your family.

I truly appreciate you kind words and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have stayed at several five star hotels around the world, but believe the service has never been as goodas here. The staff was extremely polite and friendly all the time, and all the services and facilities exceeded my expectations. Housekeeping was efficient and accurate, and breakfast was something to look forward to every morning. They also have a very interesting concept on Friday evenings with single malt whiskey flowing free involved and finger food to top it off. I didn't get a chance to try this, so I guess I will have to go back. Location was convenient, connecting you with Vivo City in less than five minutes, the biggest mall in Singapore with MRT connection to the city only a few stops away. Cant think of any cons, this was just a great hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Carl_from_Finland
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your kind words regarding the warm and friendly service provided by my colleagues and the efficiency of our Housekeeping team. I am also glad that you had enjoyed the fabulous location of our hotel that places us within walking distance to the Sentosa Express station and all the major attractions on Sentosa as well as the variety of our breakfast offerings. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

I understand that you did not have the opportunity to try our Whisky Symphony buffet at The WoW, which features free flow of whiskies and a selection of delicatessen and premium cheese every Friday, and I hope that you would be able to do so at your next visit with us.

We truly appreciate your recommending our property on Trip Advisor and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Booked the onsen suite as a surprise for my boyfriend's 30th birthday. The onsen suite was impeccable. Jacuzzi was clean and well maintained, and we were given complimentary packets of Japanese bath salts.

I informed the hotel that I was planning a birthday surprise and Ashraf offered us a free bottle of red wine, cake and strawberries coated with chocolates. It was perfect! He even gamely agreed to be part of the act to keep my bf in suspense.

Service rendered by the other hotel staff was also warm and good. However one of the front line staff who I spoke to over the phone was rather rude and inexperienced. When I asked her about how the hotel could help with surprise, she gave a rather textbook answer by telling me that the hotel could fold some swans but that would cost $50. She also sounded very confused when I asked her about sake which I understand from a blog was given as a complimentary gift to other hotel guests.

Overall it was nonetheless a great experience and I would highly recommend this hotel for its excellent onsen room and service!

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review of your experience on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you and your boyfriend enjoyed a wonderful birthday celebration at our Onsen Suite and that my colleague, Asraf, was helpful in assisting you with the birthday surprise.

I wish to acknowledge your feedback regarding one of my front line colleague who did not display due care and understanding when answering your queries. Please know, that while this is not indicative of the level of service we typically provide, I have addressed this matter with the appropriate individuals to ensure future guests receive the level of service expected of our brand.

Thank you once again for the feedback and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel when you next visit Sentosa.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Service: Staff members were very warm, polite and professional.

Location: Very accessible. Less than a 100m walk from Imbiah station.

Room: Loved it! We received a complimentary upgrade to the Onsen Suite. Beautiful and clean room with private outdoor onsen jacuzzi. Daily delivery of complimentary newspapers and fruits/dessert.

Breakfast: Quality and wide variety. One of the best breakfast buffets we have had at a hotel.

Facilities: Well-maintained infinity pool and gym.

Overall, it was a very enjoyable stay and we'll definitely return for another staycation. :)

• Stayed June 2014
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recognizing so many positive elements of your stay; from the professionalism and friendliness extended to you by my colleagues, to the prime location of the hotel that places us within walking distance to the Sentosa Express station and all the major attractions on Sentosa.

I am also grateful that you had enjoyed our newly enhanced Onsen Suite that features the outdoor Jacuzzi tub, the quality and variety of our breakfast offerings, and our hotel facilities. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

We appreciate your recommending our property on Trip Advisor and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel when you next visit Sentosa.