“Ideal location, great comfort, friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Colombo
“Ideal location, great comfort, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This resort is ideal for families and for those looking out for comfort, design and luxury. Very convenient and easy access to Sentosa. It must be said that the staff are professional and courteous. One particular individual, Miss. Jeannie Lau (Asst. Front Office Manager) really helped us out during our stay there. We knew she took an effort to cater to our request, and the manner in which she executed was professional yet personal. No doubt about recommending this one.

Room Tip: The Heritage Wing Deluxe rooms are better. Pool is amazing - great for families with kids
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review of your experience on Trip Advisor. We were delighted to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay at The Mövenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and we sincerely appreciate your kind words regarding the excellent service you received from my colleagues; especially Jeannie, our Assistant Front Office Manager, who was able to attend to your needs efficiently, as well as the convenient location of our hotel. I am also glad that you had enjoyed the deisgn and layout of our Heritage Premium Room and infinity pool.

I truly appreciate you kind words and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

Philip Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
pakistan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

In june we stayed at Movenpick Heritage sentosa for three days. We stayed at three suites bcz we are the family of 5adults and 1child. First thing i hate about was the See through glass of the Bathroom. Guys everyone need some Privacy. Second when you open the windows of your room,Each passerby at the lobby will get the full privilege to see what are you doing in your bedroom.There was no space besides the bed.what it seems was they covered the Balcony and put a bed in it. The switches were very very bad .They wanted it to be very high tech but they are really Nuisance. You have to switch the lights first then you have to see what is written on each switch then you have to push your desired button.they were right beside your bed but installed on the wall and the lamp overshadow it so every time you sit-up,bow down and then read ,then you get what you want to do it.
One thing also very strange bcz i usually stays in four,five stars hotels but not every day someone comes to check the Hangers or wine glasses. You people think the guest who is paying you handsome money will steal your Hangers. :(.
All in all i didn't like the Hotel itself but yes the Location was very Good.

Room Tip: All day you will hear noises of the pool.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa. We truly value your opinion as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in personal service and facilities and I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy the design and layout of our Premium Heritage Rooms. The interior design of our property was done by the world renowned team at Super Potato, from Toyko. While I understand that your personal taste did not favor this style, I would also like to point out that we have many other room categories which do not feature the frosted glass doors in the bathroom, such as our very spacious and beautiful Executive Suites.

Despite your initial impression and as you liked our location, I hope that you will continue to consider us when your travel plans bring you back to Sentosa. To this end, please call on me directly and I will be delighted to personally assist you in ensuring you receive a room which will appeal to your taste.

E-Mail: Philip.jones@moevenpick.com
Mobile: +65 9023 5791
hk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay here! Location is perfect and as others have said, it's equally easy to access the Sentosa sites as well as going into Singapore for sightseeing, shopping and dining.

We stayed in the Heritage room suite and are definitely glad we did the room upgrade with breakfast and premium wifi. A very special thank you to lifestyle manager Eugene for helping us make the upgrade as I accidentally booked the normal deluxe room online and he was able to arrange the upgrade at very reasonable cost over the phone with no fuss at all. I am sure our stay would have been nowhere as pleasant without it.

The Heritage room is spacious with a separate bed and sitting area which has a couch that could double as a sleeper for a child. Quality furnishings in the room added a touch of luxury although the electric blinds and funky switches were a bit irritating (as I never seemed to be able to turn off all the lights at night without automatically turning the fan on at the same time!)

Breakfast choices were wide ranging and delicious - and perhaps because it's not usually included in the room rate, it was a peaceful experience without the usual hectic hustle of resort hotels. If you can negotiate paying extra to include it with the room cost, I would recommend it.

As others have said, there are many choices on Sentosa but my first pick here will always be Movenpick!

Stayed July 2014
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; from the peaceful ambience and fabulous location of our hotel that places us within walking distance to all the major attractions on Sentosa, to the excellent service you received from Eugene, our Senior Lifestyle Manager at the Front Desk. I am equally glad to know that you had enjoyed our Heritage Suite and its facilities within, and of course our delectable breakfast offerings. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

We appreciate your recommending our property on Trip Advisor and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel when you next visit Sentosa.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

5 of us 3 adults and 2 kids just checked into Movenpick today. We were celebrating my mums 63rd bday. We had informed the hotel about this. I really really wish i had paid more attention to the negative reviews. Biggest mistake was paying for 8 nights for 2 Heritage rooms in advance!!
We arrived at the hotel at 10:30. Forget a welcome drink....ha! Inspite of repeated emails requesting an early check in we were told our rooms would not be available till 3 pm. We requested for 1 of our rooms atleast by 12 since we were travelling with 2 kids and all of us had been awake all night. 5 of us were given a room for 1 hour "freshen up" and come back at 3!! Never mind we let that pass.
Tired we left our luggage dragged the kids out. Arrived back at 4:15...thinking atleast now our rooms would be ready...my children were ready to collapse! We were told sorry only one room is available the other would take another 20 min. When we finally had had enough and protested, the arrogant young man at the desk told us he obviously didn't want to give us a dirty room.. as if he was doing us a big favour!! This after over $5000(more than 3 lacs)
By then we were so disgusted with the hotel..we just wanted to get the kids into bed for a nap.
The cramped rooms we have been given both face concrete have dirty old carpets. Sticky floors and stains on the wall. All of us are so upset and disappointed since this was supposed to be a celebration. Lots of other resorts to choose from....Sadly Movenpick is no longer worth it.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gina M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your experience so far, at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa. We truly value your opinion as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in personal service and facilities and I am very sorry that we were not able to accommodate you when you arrived at 10am on Friday, July 4th, as our hotel had been fully occupied the night prior. I was also professionally embarrassed to know that by the time we did accommodate you, one of the rooms you were placed in was not cleaned to our standards. Please know that we do not accept this and we have addressed this shortcoming with the appropriate individuals. That all said, I do know we made every effort to try and make amends and the following day we provided an upgrade for the remainder of your stay to our Onsen Suites.

Ms. Mistry, please know that your genuine care and comfort is our highest priority and while I realize little can be done to make up for our initial short comings, I trust you will enjoy the rest of your stay. Please call on me at any time if I can be of any assistance to you or your family.

E-Mail: Philip.jones@moevenpick.com
Mobile: +65 9023 5791
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We could not have been happier with this hotel on Sentosa Island. First of all, the location was brilliant, just footsteps away from the monorail which gets you wherever you need to go on the island, as well as depositing you at Vivo City if you want to go into Singapore proper. The room was lovely, very modern, with a view of the gorgeous Merlion. Our room was big enough for my husband and I, with a roll away bed comfortably fitting into the sitting room for our son. The lighting and blinds operation was so technologically advanced that it took us some time to work out how to work it! We had breakfast included and it was terrific... definitely worth the extra. It was delicious and plentiful including lots of expected, and unexpected foods. The pool area was small but lovely (loved the deck chairs that rested in the water at the edge of the pool). We were in the Heritage Wing which I would recommend. The only problem was some loud guests talking at the top of their voices at 2am in the front of the hotel, which woke up our whole family - obviously not the fault of the hotel, but it would be good if they could stop people doing that as it must have been heard by many others too. I know there is a big deal about the Resorts Worlds hotels, but I wouldn't dream of staying in any of those after this experience. I'm sure they have glamorous pools etc, but when we took the cable car ride all we could see were kids lining up to get near their pools,whereas at Moevenpick Hotel, it was never too crowded. The biggest plus is that the hotel is so close to the transport hubs which is a big plus when it's so hot to get from place to place. So just tottering across the road to get the mono-rail or cable car is terrific, there is also a 7-Eleven and some other little places over there for drinks or ice creams. Staff were all terrific and friendly, just like everyone we met in Singapore! We highly recommend this hotel if you are staying on Sentosa Island, for families, it's the pick of the bunch.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the Heritage Wing, views of the Merlion are lovely.
3 Thank torneyteam
Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your kind words regarding the convenient location of our hotel and that you have enjoyed the lovely view and quality of our Heritage Merlion Room. We are also delighted that you appreciate the variety of our breakfast offerings and that the friendliness of my colleagues had helped made this a memorable stay for you and your family.

We appreciate your recommending our property on Trip Advisor and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa in the very near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

First impressions when arriving at the hotel were great, we walked into a lovely airconditioned reception area where we were given a cold glass of juice while checking in. Check in was excellent and fast and the staff were very polite and helpful. We then proceeded to the elevator to get to our rooms on the 5th floor, what a shock getting out of the elevator, the rooms were all off an open veranda like a drive in motel and the heat hit us as soon as the doors opened. On entering the rooms they were nice modern rooms, very clean but with a smell of mildew which eventually you get used to and don't notice it, I'm sure it has to do with the terrible humid weather in Singapore. We booked two deluxe sea view rooms for 5 nights and the upgrade to Sea View was a waste as the view is not that good, you can see in the photos I have attached. Having said all that, we did have a pleasant stay and the hotel staff were excellent, the rooms were very clean and the Nespresso machine was a nice touch. An extra chair in the room would have been nice, I can't understand why most hotels you stay in only have one chair between two people. The Hotel was very close to all transport and attractions which was a bonus. Overall the hotel is comfortable, a little pricey but then I found everything in Singapore was a little pricey.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money upgrading to a Sea View, It has a coach carpark between the hotel and the...
2 Thank Jane N
Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with your family at The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel, Sentosa and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; from the smooth check-in process, to the courteous and helpful service provided by my colleagues, as well as the comfort of our guestroom and the amenities within. I would also like to acknowledge your comment on the convenient location of the hotel which is near to the major attractions on Sentosa, and on areas where we can improve.

Thank you once again for the feedback and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Heritage Hotel when you next visit Sentosa.

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were truly upset when we entered the room which we booked as we had booked for a triple room and paid extra SGD 100 for an extra bed. However, upon entering the room, it is clearly only meant for 2 twin beds. The 3rd extra bed was a foldable mattress which was placed in a somewhat awkward position as the bed side table prevented the 3rd bed to be placed side by side with the twin beds. Further more, the mattress is not as thick and comfortable as the twin beds. It is upsetting as we had paid extra 100 for this bed and it turned out totally not what we expected.
Luckily, the allowed us to switch to a King size bed and the extra bed was eventually exchanged for breakfast for 3 of us the next morning.
For a 5 star hotel to be charging $100 for an extra bed of such standard is totally unacceptable. The hotel should just charge $50 for a bed of such a standard.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Philip J, General Manager at Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Mövenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa. We truly value your opinion as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in service and facilities and I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations, or our own service standards, with regard to the quality of the roll-away bed placed in your room. Please know that we are currently in the process of converting a number of rooms on our Heritage wing to include a bespoke designed sofa bed and we have already received a number of full size single rollaway beds to place in our contemporary wing, so that we may phase out our older units. I realize that this is of little consolation at this time and I hope you will forgive us for the shortcoming on this occasion.

Again, my sincere apologies for failing to provide you with an impeccable visit. We certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again in the very near future.