“Ice ambience but warm”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Suburbia

Suburbia
Price range: US$0 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Singapore
“Ice ambience but warm”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

We attended a wedding dinner there, so we're seated in the open area. While there were blowers, hey don't rotate, so in tropical Singapore heat, it can be quite unbearable. Food was so-so though setting is nice.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Vguudeal

Singapore, Singapore
“Outstanding service, beyond the norm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

I have written about Suburia before but this last Friday I experienced such fantastic service that I had to write about them again. I friend and I had made reservations for a 6 course wine pairing diner that they were offering. It was raining and I was lucky enough to grab a taxi (those of you who have been to Singapore will know how hard it is to get a taxi in the rain). I really wasn't paying attention (my bad) and got out of the taxi prepared to follow the walking instructions the driver gave me. Unfortunately the driver had no idea where the restaurant was and had dropped me off on the wrong end of the island. The restaurant was a good 4 miles away. Fortunately the owner's daughter drove out and picked me up. Now THAT is service in my book and is one of the reasons I will return to Suburia. The rest of the evening went very well; the food, the wine and company were excellent.

• Visited November 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Extremely attention and wonderful ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

We had made reservations as part of combination food/wine tasting. We had high expectations because of the reviews we had read here. We were not disappointed. Suburbia, the owner and the staff lived up to our expectations. The entire staff was very attentive to our needs and the service was great. The food was well prepared and plated with care and attention to detail. The owner was very charming. This is a great find on Sentosa Island and both my dinner companion and I remarked that it would make a great venue for a small company outing. We plan to check that out and I for one will be back to partake of more things from the menu. Well done!

• Visited September 2012
WineDineEscape, Manager at Suburbia, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Hi HR Dude,

We are glad that you enjoyed the dinner at Suburbia and look forward to welcoming you back soon. On the 26-27th October we will be having wine dinner pairing menu, please look out for updates on our website and facebook.
Adelaide, Australia
“Just Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012 via mobile

Whilst staying at the resort next door, we were looking for a nice meal close by. Suburbia fitted the bill, being walking distance, and bouyed by the previous Trip Advisor reviews we headed down. The building is modern and stylish, nicely lit, well serviced, albeit there were only 3 tables. An extensive wine list featuring wines from around the world, yet because of the heat we decided on beer. We both chose the soft shell crab pasta, and felt it was one of the best pastas we've ever had. A lovely fusion of Asian and Italian. Ice-cream was a lively finish to the meal.

WineDineEscape, Manager at Suburbia, responded to this review, 11 August 2012
Dear LouiseWalters,

Thank you for your recent visit and we are happy to hear that you had a pleasant dining experience at Suburbia. We constantly work to improve on our menu and offer seasonal specials. Hope to see you at Suburbia soon.
Hong Kong, China
“Very nice ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

We went to the Suburbia for dinner after our spa treatment at the Spa Botanica, which is just about 3 mins walk. The restaurant is nicely decorated, staff is friendly. Plenty of options from the menu and the price is reasonable. It was a bit surprising to us that there were only 3 tables filled (including us), I guess not many visitors know about this restaurant as it is not located on the beach.

• Visited July 2012
WineDineEscape, Manager at Suburbia, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear FKD_sasa,

Thank you very much for your recent visit to Suburbia and we are pleased to know that you have enjoyed yourselves. We look forward to welcoming you back at Suburbia soon.