“Elegant Chinese Restaurant”

Cassia Restaurant
Price range: US$60 - US$200
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Elegant Chinese Restaurant”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

An elegant restaurant that served very delicate and artistically presented Chinese Dim sum. The menu was presented beautifully and we selected a number of exquisitely prepared dishes. We ordered quite a number of the dim sum and the flavours were all very tasty; and each flavour was unique and not too overpowering with seasonings.
The siew mai with abalone, veggie dumpling which was arranged like a flower. The bamboo clams served on glass noodles were delicious (a must try ) amongst the many other dishes we tried. The mango pudding was ok but presentation was good.
Lovely restaurant for a gathering with friends or Business lunch (quiet and elegant ).

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Lana C
Alejandro H, General Manager at Cassia Restaurant, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Cassia at Capella Singapore. It is a delight to know that you enjoyed the food just as much as the presentation of the food was to your liking. Cassia is indeed a beautifully elegant restaurant and the dim sum selection is a favourite for many guests. Thank you for your recommendations, I hope to be able to welcome you back to Cassia.

Alejandro Helbling

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Manila, Philippines
“The best chinese food i have ever had.”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

i was caught off guard. the food was sooo good. i should have had my own Treasures set menu instead of sharing it with my wife:) i would not call it chinese food but fusion style chinese food. there was lots of foie gras and exotic samples like abalone with truffle oil, tofu with truffle oil etc etc. on the verge of molecular gastronomy.

the interiors are fantastic and high end. i loved it and will certainly come back

• Visited December 2013
Alejandro H, General Manager at Cassia Restaurant, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for sharing this wonderful review of Cassia! I thoroughly enjoyed reading about the great experience you had at the restaurant. Cassia is indeed a very special restaurant, combining traditional Cantonese flavours with a touch of modern elegance.

I am thrilled that the quality of the food far exceeded your expectations and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cassia at Capella Singapore.

Alejandro Helbling
Bend, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I had lunch here and I thought this was the best food during my entire trip to Singapore. The dim sum was a fantastic start to the meal. Great hot and sour soup and it was topped off with a black bean shrimp dish that I only wish was a little larger because it was so good. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I couldn't recommend Cassia more highly.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank johnbre99
sandyliw, Director of Sales & Marketing at Cassia Restaurant, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
I am thrilled to know that you thought of the food at Cassia as some of the best you have had during your trip to Singapore. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor and I hope you will be back to dine at Cassia again soon.

New York City, New York
“Perfect Chinese Delight”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Elegant and perfect Chinese cuisine. The Peking duck done many ways is spectacular. Superb service and supreme food.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jenni L
Thank you for your review of Cassia on Tripadvisor. Indeed the Peking Duck is one of the signatures at Cassia and a favourite among many guests. I am so pleased you enjoyed it as well as the service from the restaurant staff. I hope to be able to welcome you back to Cassia again soon.

London, United Kingdom
“Very good food but service can be improved”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We went there on Saturday for their special set dim sum menu. The restaurant is nice and welcoming.

You can choose 6 single dim sums out of maybe 10 or so dim sum dishes, today's soup, roast dish of 3 choices of meat, one main course either noodles or rice dish and one desert of your choice. The food is excellent.

We ordered tea but the waitress forgot to put it on the side table next to our table so the tea was not refilled until we asked.

We have not finished the second course, already they sent us the third course. When I was still having my 3rd course, they sent us our main course. I asked them to take it back as I have not finished my 3rd course and my noodles will be cold by then. They kindly took it back and they gave me a freshly cooked one when I was ready which I do expect from a restaurant of that class. However, I do not know why they were rushing us which is totally unnecessary. I think that this could be just a one off mistake as the manageress seem to be efficient enough and rectify the mistakes quite quickly.

All in all is a very nice experience and food is exceptional.

• Visited September 2013
sandyliw, Director of Sales & Marketing at Cassia Restaurant, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review on your dining experience at Cassia. I am very happy to know that you found the food very much to your liking.
Your feedback on the service delivery is very much appreciated and has been shared with the team for our improvement. Nevertheless, I am pleased to know that the issue was quickly resolved and the rest of your experience with the service at Cassia was pleasant.

I hope that you will be still return to Cassia and I assure you an all round exceptional dining experience.