“Fragrance Imperial” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fragrance Hotel - Imperial

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Fragrance Hotel - Imperial
Ranked #179 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Paranaque, Philippines
“Fragrance Imperial”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed there last week, 23-26 Oct with my family (party of 3) on vacation. I chose to book my holidays here primarily because of the reviews I've read. And like what everybody else is saying, this hotel is pretty good. Took me about 2 months of research before finally booking here. I first sent an email inquiry thru Trip Advisor which was promptly forwarded to the hotel mgt. which was likewise replied almost immediately.

I was suppose to book a Family room but all of them were taken on my preferred schedule. The hotel mgt. suggested that I try the other Fragrance hotels but I found that this had better reviews. So I booked a Deluxe Room and stated my preference (room with window & located on the 4th floor near the pool). The window was granted but the 4/F wasn't as all rooms were occupied so we were located on the 3rd. Anyway, listed below are my observations for this hotel;

Pros:
1. Very clean; from the reception, elevator, hallways, room, & bathroom.
2. The location is very near to public transport - Lavander MRT & Bus stop
3. There's a small 7-11 convenience store downstairs and a grocery store (Fair Price) next to the hotel. Kopitiam foodcourt and Wendy's is also at the Lavander MRT so you can eat here if you don't like eating at the hotel's cafe.
4. Breakfast was included in our booking so we had it at the Good News Cafe downstairs. Service was very prompt but the set breakfast is limited to a few choices (toast, pancake, porridge, bacon, sausage).
5. Housekeeping services was also very good. Whenever we went out of the room to see the city, we'd put up the "make up my room sign" on the door and the room would all be tidy by the time we went back. All our things would be just where we left them with nothing missing too. However, we didn't leave anything valuable just to be sure.
6. The hotel staff is really very friendly and accommodating. The reception was always composed of 2 staff and one would always be a Filipino who could adapt to your language. In my case when we checked in, the lady reception staff spoke to me with a typical "Sing-lish" accent, so I spoke to her in English. When I turned to speak to my wife, I would talk to her in Filipino. The lady, realizing that we were Filipinos, simply dropped the Sing-lish accent and spoke to us in our native language! What a pleasant surprise! I didn't realize she was a Filipino too because she was Chinese-looking.

Cons:
1. The hotel facade could use some sprucing up. Compared to the other Fragrance hotel at the corner of the street, Imperial looks old.
2. The shower area is only separated by a curtain from the rest of the bathroom. So when you take a shower, the water can really soak and splash the entire bathroom floor. Wish they can install a small divider to prevent water from splashing all over.
3. No floor towel or doormat in the bathroom. What I used to dry the floor is the toilet paper. Hope management can at least provide this.
4. Limited channels on the cable TV. They only had 10 channels. I think the only worthwhile channel they had was Fox movies. No HBO, no Star Movies, Discovery, Nat Geo, etc.We had time to watch at night and in the morning upon waking up.
5. Limited choices for breakfast. Only toast, porridge, pancake and no rice. For Asians, this is a staple. My wife doesn't like bread or pancakes for breakfast. She only eats rice so I wish they had a choice of rice or toast in the menu. And also the eggs are served only in "sunny-side up", no scrambled. We asked if the eggs can be scrambled and the waiter flatly replied No.

Other than what I've stated above, overall this hotel is pretty decent and quite good. Some room for improvements though but generally OK.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Natzky

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Fragrance Hotel

Fragrance Hotel - Imperial is at a pretty good location, two short blocks from the MRT - Lavender station. Lavender station is only two stops from the main business district and is on the same line that goes to the Changi Airport. If you come onto the airport after midnight the MRT is not running so a taxi is the main option. $28Sing including the 50% surcharge for late night fare.

The hotel is basic, as reflected in the price (considering it's Singapore) but has a nice roof top pool, good for laps but not a fancy pool. Nice clean room but small, I didn't stay in the room much but is was good enough.

The best part was the staff, I didn't catch the names of the others that helped me, always with a smile, but Lee was one who I did get his name he was great as where all of the other staff. They gave me a room with a window, although it didn't open, the AC was perfect so not an issue. When I had a problem with the shower they promptly have me another room and when I couldn't print my train ticket, the lady behind the counter took whatever steps needed to get a paper ticket in my hand. Any hotel can have issues but the staff here took care of me with a smile.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank Seattle_Joby
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

we stayed at fragrance hotel for 3 days and we were impressed and satisfied with the service. the hotel was clean and the housekeeper was changing all the bed sheet and the towels everyday, the hotel was close to supermarket, 7-11 and the mrt station which makes it accessible to go to everywher in singapore, the receptionist was 24/7 and was very helpful and accomodating all the time, always ready to attend to their guest. 3 days is not enough to explore singapore , we will definitely comeback and stay again in this hotel.

salamat sa magandang serbisyo nyo, specially to lee, marge and natalia.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank pinoytraveler2013
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

It was a great and budget hotel. Apart from it is situated in a good location near the Lavender mrt station, kopitiam.. it made my 4 days and 3 nights stay in Singapore more comfortably and enjoyable. I like their shower a lot. The hotel is clean and new. Not to mentioned, the receipionist are all very accomodating and friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jocelyn P
Barnoldswick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed for 3 nights for the Grand Prix, at the price we paid it was excellent value for money, room perhaps a little cramped for space but clean and tidy. The lavender MRTstation is less than 5 minutes away which was a real bonus. There are convenience shops on the door step and within walking distance for snacks and drinks, breakfast at the hotel left a bit to be desired but we didn't bother anyway. Reception staff were very helpful and catered for everything we asked for. At the price this is a really good hotel, we will use it again and would recommend.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank barlikontour
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed 7 days for the GP weekend. The Hotel was good value, clean, air conditioning and very friendly staff. Wheelchair accessible room was just about big enough for 1 wheelchair. I travelled with my wife and 1 year old baby with pram and luggage for 7 days - the space was a challenge for us. Very conveniently located to MRT and fine if you plan to spend less time in the room and more time sightseeing, and the city is just fantastic, so sightseeing should be the preference! Thanks for a great stay - particular thanks to Hamzah and Mark

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mark B
Kuching
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Friendly and helpful staff, small room but looking clean and adequate. Near to Lavender MRT but may take a while to find the hotel at first. Charging for wifi, so I opted for prepaid data sim card instead.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business