Stayed there last week, 23-26 Oct with my family (party of 3) on vacation. I chose to book my holidays here primarily because of the reviews I've read. And like what everybody else is saying, this hotel is pretty good. Took me about 2 months of research before finally booking here. I first sent an email inquiry thru Trip Advisor which was promptly forwarded to the hotel mgt. which was likewise replied almost immediately.
I was suppose to book a Family room but all of them were taken on my preferred schedule. The hotel mgt. suggested that I try the other Fragrance hotels but I found that this had better reviews. So I booked a Deluxe Room and stated my preference (room with window & located on the 4th floor near the pool). The window was granted but the 4/F wasn't as all rooms were occupied so we were located on the 3rd. Anyway, listed below are my observations for this hotel;
1. Very clean; from the reception, elevator, hallways, room, & bathroom.
2. The location is very near to public transport - Lavander MRT & Bus stop
3. There's a small 7-11 convenience store downstairs and a grocery store (Fair Price) next to the hotel. Kopitiam foodcourt and Wendy's is also at the Lavander MRT so you can eat here if you don't like eating at the hotel's cafe.
4. Breakfast was included in our booking so we had it at the Good News Cafe downstairs. Service was very prompt but the set breakfast is limited to a few choices (toast, pancake, porridge, bacon, sausage).
5. Housekeeping services was also very good. Whenever we went out of the room to see the city, we'd put up the "make up my room sign" on the door and the room would all be tidy by the time we went back. All our things would be just where we left them with nothing missing too. However, we didn't leave anything valuable just to be sure.
6. The hotel staff is really very friendly and accommodating. The reception was always composed of 2 staff and one would always be a Filipino who could adapt to your language. In my case when we checked in, the lady reception staff spoke to me with a typical "Sing-lish" accent, so I spoke to her in English. When I turned to speak to my wife, I would talk to her in Filipino. The lady, realizing that we were Filipinos, simply dropped the Sing-lish accent and spoke to us in our native language! What a pleasant surprise! I didn't realize she was a Filipino too because she was Chinese-looking.
1. The hotel facade could use some sprucing up. Compared to the other Fragrance hotel at the corner of the street, Imperial looks old.
2. The shower area is only separated by a curtain from the rest of the bathroom. So when you take a shower, the water can really soak and splash the entire bathroom floor. Wish they can install a small divider to prevent water from splashing all over.
3. No floor towel or doormat in the bathroom. What I used to dry the floor is the toilet paper. Hope management can at least provide this.
4. Limited channels on the cable TV. They only had 10 channels. I think the only worthwhile channel they had was Fox movies. No HBO, no Star Movies, Discovery, Nat Geo, etc.We had time to watch at night and in the morning upon waking up.
5. Limited choices for breakfast. Only toast, porridge, pancake and no rice. For Asians, this is a staple. My wife doesn't like bread or pancakes for breakfast. She only eats rice so I wish they had a choice of rice or toast in the menu. And also the eggs are served only in "sunny-side up", no scrambled. We asked if the eggs can be scrambled and the waiter flatly replied No.
Other than what I've stated above, overall this hotel is pretty decent and quite good. Some room for improvements though but generally OK.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA and Odigeo so you can book your Fragrance Hotel - Imperial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fragrance Hotel - Imperial Singapore