“Great Budget Hotel, Pleasant Experience”

Fragrance Hotel - Imperial
Ranked #187 of 315 Hotels in Singapore
Pasig, Philippines
“Great Budget Hotel, Pleasant Experience”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I like the location. It is near Lavender MRT and bus stop. For meals outside the hotel, the nearest food complex and supermarket are three to five minutes away by foot. My aunt and I arrived while the hotel is renovating its exterior; hence, we are hearing construction noises around 9 or 10am. We got a Deluxe room without windows (sans the one in the bathroom). The room is small but our movement, at least, were not limited. There is a small fridge, hair dryer, dvd player, and mounted television. I am not impressed with the channel line-up; I am not sure if we have to pay more for cable add-on. Bathroom is ok and clean but their showerhead needs replacing. Staff are friendly, courteous, and attentive to their customer's need. I'd recommend this hotel to any tourists who wishes for a homely place to rest after exploring parts of the city.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I managed to book this hotel through The Indian website Make my trip. The location of the hotel was excellent, just a stones throw away from the Lavender MRT station. That was the only part. The first room they offered me was without any windows, On complaining, they shifted me a different room with a window that was in the bathroom. On mu constant complaining they moved me to a room with a window, but the apart from the bed i could barely fit mu suitcase . The rooms are so small. Even in that small room the AC was not cold enough. They refused to give me free wi-fi, when their website sated that. Their reason was that I had not booked on their site . So much for customer hospitality .

Since i had pre paid I could not move out. I guess they realized that and were least accommodating. Also Its site like make my trip, that do not think its important to post what to actually expect. They have no systems of checks and verification to help customers .what a pity?

In case one needs to book here please make sure you ask the right questions, and get a chance to choose your room, otherwise you will have an equally horrible experience

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank sumzik

Travellers are raving about these Singapore hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 31 July 2014

When I emailed the person in charge of booking, I told him that the total number of guests would be three and he recommended a superior room. When I went to the hotel on the actual date, the front desk clerk told me that he cannot give us the room as the superior room can only accommodate two persons. I showed him the email conversations and after making a call, he told me I can either come back on dates when the family room is available or pay more for an additional room. What I was really upset about was that he never apologised although it was the hotel's mistake that I could not get the room.
As we needed a place to stay for that date and as we were angry with their service, we decided to go to another hotel and asked him for a letter which I would use as an evidence to get a refund (I used groupon to book the room.). The clerk told me the customer relations personnel would send me an email within that day, which I did not receive even until today (which is two days later).
It was a really unpleasant experience and personally I would not recommend that hotel to my friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sophie915
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel close to mrt
shopping and food outlets... clean rooms
with nice breakfast. Great staff in the hotel assists all times. Would recommend. Clean rooms with cable tv - comfortable beds. Safe location with good lighting.

• Stayed July 2014
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The first thing that I can remember about this hotel is its fragrant smell. Some people may find the smell overpowering but for me, I loved it.

We checked in this hotel last November 24 and November 29 2013. We got a family room for 3 adults. Our room is a bit small but enough for an overnight stay since we only used this hotel for our pre and post cruise accommodation. The room and bathroom are clean. Air-conditioning worked well.

What I like most about this hotel is the location. It's a five-minute walk to the EW11 Lavender (green) station and so it's very easy for you to go around the city. In Singapore, it's much cheaper to use the train than to get the taxi. We were able to go to Mustafa Centre for shopping, which is a 15-minute walking from this hotel.

If you're a Filipino, this hotel might be very convenient for you as most of the staff are Filipinos! Hurray for no language barrier! They were all helpful and friendly. They suggest you where to go.

There's breakfast included. The restaurant (The Good News Restaurant) is downstairs. They don't serve rice. Anyway there are nearby hawker centres and food stores for variety. There's also a 7 eleven outside the hotel. It's very convenient if you need to buy something late at night.

Don't bother to swim in their swimming pool. There were snails when we checked it out. It was dirty and small. This facility needs improvement.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ViajeraShelly
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I now understand why the hotel was named such. Each time you pass by the hallway, it always has a fragrant smell around it :) our stay was a very pleasant one. The only thing that put us off was the fact that check in time was actually 3PM! We arrived at 9am, luckily the train station Lavender was neaby.. A walking distance of 5 minutes. Convenience stores are nearby this hotel and staff are friendly and courteous when you ask for help in directions. Rooms were not really spacious but you get what you pay for. I had a good sleep nonetheless. Recommending this hotel for travelers on a budget.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Pune, India
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We 2 Indian families stayed at Hotel Fragrance Imperial at Lavender Singapore during our short trip in the month of May 2014. Had booked 2 hotel rooms online as they offered good rate of 100 SGD per night for Deluxe AC room which included Breakfast and Taxes. Main reason for selecting this hotel was location.There is compact swimming pool on 4th floor and lift facility which are basic plus points. Though the room size was very small and below expectation (we understand room size is common issue in all budget hotels in Singapore), the location was best and served our purpose as we were out for sight-seeing for all 3 days and visited hotel just for bed and breakfast.They served only 1 item in Indian veg breakfast which they should improve on as lot of people from India visit Singapore. Overall it was good deal and we enjoyed our stay at Hotel Fragrance and will surely visit next time. Regards, Ashish Gujarathi

Room Tip: Insisit for room with window on 4th floor near the pool..