“Excellent Place of Stay for Budget Hotels”
Review of Hotel 81 Rochor

Hotel 81 Rochor
Ranked #191 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent Place of Stay for Budget Hotels”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Our first intention was just to try out the hotel for short staycation to relax from work. However, it came to my partner attention that we have been back to back every weekend visiting to this hotel to laze and free our mind from our workloads. On top of that, me, as a lady myself, feel safe and cosy in this hotel. The staff are friendly and warm welcome. They never fail to put a smile when serving their guest(s). As a regular guest in this said hotel, I would like to share my gratitude towards the staff personnel in Hotel 81 Rochor. A very special thank to those dedicated staff that is Mr James, Mr Selvin and Mr Kelvin as they never failed to warm welcome us.
Overall, it is an awesome location to stay in for a budget hotel in this area as the rooms are clean, well maintain, Excellent service by the receptionist and its nearby to the MRT and alot of buses nearby for you to get to town to shops!
A note to improve by the hotel is to provide many selections for tv cable channels. In this way, it may improve the quality and rate of the hotel.
Bravo HOTEL 81 ROCHOR!!

Lots of love =),
Ayie and Fithriyah

Room Tip: All levels are good and cosy.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I was there for 2 nights and found the staffs to be very helpful in providing directors and recommendations for places of interest. The location itself isn't very far away from town and has quite a lot of buses in near vicinity.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Langkawi, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The front desk staff is really very helpful to me especially the staff name john and calvin. With the inform from them, i and my family saved a lot of travelling time. I hereby would like to personnally tell to both of them thank you for the excellent and unforgettable stay and service. Will be back again soon.

• Stayed November 2013
Pingtung County, Taiwan
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel is poor facilitated. Reception is not professional. I wrote the hotel before I arrived to inquire hotel's direction twice but didn't get any reply. I asked the reception why didn't they reply my email. The reception replied they didn't receive my emails and asked why I didn't call them for the inquiry. I told him I was overseas and it would cost me a lot on roaming. The only information I like to know was how to get the hotel from MRT. He handed me a city map. It's not helpful at all because I already got to the hotel on my own. Why did need the map for?! It's another disappointment when I got my room. Moldy, humid, with bad smell under maintenance. It has a fake window in my room which can't be open (an inside room). At the end, I decided to move out. The receptionists ( two different persons) gave me wrong direction to my new hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Singapore hotels

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 13 September 2013

During my stay from 8 to 11 September 2013, at the second nite two little strangers
,cockroaches 3 cm long showed up from under the divan of the bed.

This was my first time came across cockroaches creeping in the room.

So be sure to ask the reception to have a room without these stranger unless you are an insect lover.

Room Tip: Make sure to have a room without "stranger"
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Hage566
montreal
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We searched for a hotel in Singapore just for a weekend and the ones that came up were hotel 81's so we booked this one for 3 nights for its price and location. It was a 10 min taxi drive to the mrt station Bugis which brings to the airport for less than 2$ SGD. the hotel was close to mrt Little India station. Which was great!
But the overall experience was bad. The room was on the fourth floor, right next to the linen room. The staff kept making a lot of ridiculous noise every morning around 6am, laughing and knocking things around and the room doors are paper thin! Then, there was banging (like the sound of heavy luggage bags slammed on the floor). The room was small, which is ok, but there were no night stand or little shelf in the bathroom to put our shower products or clothes. The a/c was really too high in the hallway, it felt like going to the groceries in the freezer aisle. In the room, the a/c was blowing too hard for that small room, when I asked to lower it, they turned it off completely! Then there was the shower... Water leaked outside the shower and outside the room!!! That happened twice! There was a switch to turn the water heater on, but we didnt know! There was no way to see outside, there's a fictitious window, but it is blocked by some green opaque panel. This is supposed to be a 2star hotel, but it didn't feel like a hotel. The people going in and out seemed lost, old and poor. They didn't seem to be able to afford the 100$/night. I'm not being judgmental about their situation, their overall behaviour in the hallway was weird, avoiding contact, old and non english speaking people. I was also told by a local engineer that this chain of hotel was known for a quick bang if you know what I mean. I complained to the managers (in 3 days, I met 3 different ones) and they all said in their limited English that they couldn't do anything. I was given an email to send my complaints.
This is a one month trip and we had been lucky to find nice hotels at competitive prices. But this one was a dumpster!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fifi D
Dublin
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I needed a hotel in Singapore for 1 night as I had a connecting flight the next morning. Unfortunately the transit hotel at Singapore Changi Airport was fully booked so I had to stay in the city somewhere. I booked this hotel with the airport hotel reservation desk, and the young lady there was very helpful in advising me on the various options.

It would appear that Singapore is becoming more expensive to stay in than many European or north American cities, so there are no budget options as such.

This hotel is convenient to the Bugis MRT (5 minute walk), and the staff are friendly and very helpful. The place is clean and the furniture is new.

The rooms however are very small, so it's ok to stay in for a night or two, just to have a place to sleep.

There are plenty of shops nearby too.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo