“absolutely the best hotel I ever stayed in”

Crowne Plaza Changi Airport
Ranked #37 of 314 Hotels in Singapore
Sydney
“absolutely the best hotel I ever stayed in”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I just can't think of anything that I could complain about in this hotel.
Everything was excellent - service, food in the restaurant, breakfast, bathroom, shower, bed, an enourmous floor to ceiling window with a view of Changi Airport runaway and departing and landing aircraft (the window is sound proof). Modern design of the room and fashionable furniture.
Large tropical swimming pool with spas among the palms.
Very amazing experience. I paid about US$200 for a night and think it's really worth it.

Room Tip: -if you want to see the runway make sure you mention to reception as I think not all rooms have the...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (880)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Canberra
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Stayed overnight at this hotel and it was everything that we needed. Easy to find, quick check in,lovely room with comfortable beds and room for suitcases. Spacious ensuite and great shower. While we did not eat at the hotel there are plenty of options close by in the airport itself. We only wanted a light snack and to organise our check in for the next day which was easily done. Will certainly stay there again if the need arises.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 April 2012

This is not a bad airport hotel, one in which I’ve stayed a few times when I have only a few hours between connections at Changi, but need some shut eye and a shower. There are alternatives, notably a hotel inside the departure area where one can rent accommodations by the hour, if you don’t mind the tiny monk-like cell and a nearly complete absence of accoutrements. That has its uses, as well.

On the plus side Crowne Plaza rooms are spacious and comfortable, and it is very convenient to the Changi terminals. On the downs ide, on my recent stay, two of the electrical outlets reserved for guest use did not work, and the Ethernet cable needed for Internet access was broken on both ends, making it impossible for me to plug the cable into my laptop. I was not in the mood, following my 1 a.m. check in, to call maintenance or housekeeping. So I did without Internet for the night, meaning I could not Skype home to speak to my wife. Instead, I had to use my mobile – costly!

Also, I was told upon check in that wireless was available in the “public areas”. However, descending to breakfast in the morning, I was told – upon asking—that the restaurant (second floor) did not have wireless. Only the lobby did. So I decided to simply skip the breakfast buffet, which did not strike me as great or extensive, particularly for Asia, and simply have a coffee. When I got the bill, I was being charged S$8 for the coffee-- S$9.42, including tax, etc. I realize that these are Singapore dollars, and somewhat lower than USD. But I still found this outrageous, and declined to pay, particularly since I could not event access the Internet, which was a major goal in the first place.

So later on (after I had a more reasonably priced breakfast elsewhere in the airport), I used the wireless in the lobby. Deal there, unless one had already logged in from one's room, which, as you see above, I could not do, is that one buys a drink, then gets comp Internet access. So I bought a coffee. It was still S$9.42, but at least I got my wireless!

FYI, The corridors are open air, so are a bit muggy. But the rooms have good a/c.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear travelinpalladin,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was glad to hear you did appreciate our great location. I am sorry some aspects of our hotel were not to your liking and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I am pleased that our staff was able to offset this displeasure with great service.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed for one night in between flights in Singapore airport.
The hotel is ideally situated, and can be approached via an enclosed walkway from Terminal 3 at Changi airport. The rooms were spacious and extremely quiet for an airport hotel.

Food at the hotel is hideously expensive. However, you do not need to eat in the hotel because there are lots of food stalls within any of the three Terminals at Changi airport. (It is easy to travel between terminals, using the free inter-terminal trains). It is also possible to take a train from the Changi airport MRT station into the city and have your meals in the city itself.

This is a good comfortable hotel for a brief stay in between flights in Singapore, and I will use it again for the same purpose in future.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FrequentTravelAussie
London, England
Reviewed 18 April 2012

In my experience airport hotels tend to rely on their location, location, location and have a slightly unloved feel to them. Changi's Crowne Plaza bucks the trend with a sense of style to complement its superb location at Terminal 3, making an overnight stop between connecting flights a pleasure rather than a chore.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views over the airport
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Perth
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed at the Changi Crown Plaza on our way back from Paris. This hotel is not only at the airport for convenience, it is a beautiful hotel. The facilities are par to the best in the world. The rooms are big and the bathroom has a seperate shower & bath.

I would recommend a stay at this hotel to anyone

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
barrindp
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This hotel is convenient if you have a long layover in Singapore - being accessible directly from terminal 3.

Check in fast and efficient - room surprisingly large and comfortable - and I did not notice any of the corridor or other sound noises others have commented on.

A great place to escape the madding throng of travel and take some time out.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business