“fantastic for airport proximity”

Ranked #33 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“fantastic for airport proximity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed one night before an early morning flight - which meant a short stroll to our terminal.
The hotel itself has a theme based on the frangipani flower - beautful attention to detail in the room. Loved the bathroom - admittedly it was for the disabled (which I pretty much was) - the shower was spacious and much enjoyed. The design of the whole room was well thought out and made for an excellent sleep. Great view of the airport runway (which my husband spent a lot of time watching!)
The service was unobtrusive and excellent
The pool and surround was beautifully designed and the water quality excellent.

Room Tip: If you are interested in aviation - ask for a room facing the runways
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
SINCP, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Dear peninaanddave,

Thank you for your excellent review of Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. It put a smile on my face to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I'm sure our service staff will be very happy to hear that you found service unobtrusive and excellent. I will forward your compliments to them.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Singapore.

Crowne Plaza Changi Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (821)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

This is a great hotel - stylish, clean and convenient. Perhaps I wouldn't have noticed the slow service ordinarily, but most people staying here have been traveling for 15-20 hours and so people are visibly (and audibly) impatient. Checking in at 1:00am took 25 minutes and checking out at 6:00am took almost as long. There were enough employees at the counters( three in each case), so it wasn't clear why things moved so slowly. Still - taking a taxi to a hotel farther from the airport would certainly have taken longer, so if people are braced for the delay, this remains the best option.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Clairedog,

Thank you for your honest and frank review of Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. Your feedback is invaluable and we will ensure that it is shared with the relevant departments.

As an airport hotel, it is of utmost importance that our guests are able to rest and relax while staying with us and I understand how slow service would be frustrating especially for guests of ours who have been on long haul flights. Thank you once again for highlighting this and we will look into this closely with our front office team.

We hope to be able to host you again on your next trip to Singapore.

Warmest Regards,
Melbourne, Oz
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

Once again stopped Overnight at this wonderfully located airport hotel. Stopped on our way up to Penang...and stopped again before our flight back to Oz. Was surprised that our first Reservation was not for a Club room, as I had Confirmed Online. Thought "things" were sorted once we told the Club staff we "should" be allowed in there (after we Knocked on the entry door) and they typed "something" into their computer. But...the next morning we waited quite a while to be "allowed" into the downstairs restaurant with its bountiful and varied breakfast...while our "right" to be there was Checked. Really a little disappointing.
The next stay was fine....except that a doona cover with several Holes in it was on the bed. A little disconcerting to catch one's toes in them during the night. I told the reception desk as we left...so hopefully that cover has been removed from use. smile.
So...not as much "fun" as previous stays...but can't fault the location which makes catching early flights...or stopping over for the night before continuing on...So Easy.

Room Tip: We like to keep curtains open and view airport activity, so we book a room facing Terminal 2. Lots o...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear oftentraveller45,

Thank you for choosing us as your choice of stay during your stopover on your way up to Penang and back from Oz.

I am disappointed to hear that your check-in was not as smooth as it was supposed to be and this resulted in some inconvenience during your stay with us. Your feedback on the covers of your bed will also be taken into consideration and I will ensure that a reminder is sent to our housekeeping department as well. I assure you that this is not our usual level of service and your feedback will definitely be shared with the relevant departments.

I really appreciate your honest review on Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. Your feedback of great help to us in ensuring that any service shortfalls are addressed. Thank you so much for your time in writing this review.

We hope to welcome you back again on your next trip and hope your next stay with us will be as it should - perfect.

Warmest Regards,
Takaka, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

It's a pricy location, and you get what you might expect for your money. The hotel is very conveniently located just in between the terminals of Changi airport (SIngapore), and has direct access to Terminal 3, with a own Sky Train access a few steps away. Design is quite strange (very dark) and the layout of the floors, too: There is only one elevator point and depending where your room is located on one of the nine floors, you have to walk quite a distance on that floor. There is a nice pool area and two very good restaurants, one of them offering a really good buffet. Check-in is 24 hours.

The only minor flaw: there was no possibility of communcation via email once we had booked our room, and when we arrived, we were told that our reservation was not possible in that special case (we wanted a baby cot and an additional bed so that our baby and our older son could sleep in the same room). When I asked why I was not told this when I made my reservation, I got no answer - but finally we got another room with two queen size beds which kind of solved our problem. That is what ***** me off: you make a reservation which includes some special requirements, you get a confirmation - but when you arrive, you are told that this is not possible. Can't they read? Can't they answer emails?

So, that's why I only give 4 out of 5 stars.

And: In case you don't want to stay a whole day/night and/or you want it cheaper - there is the Ambassador Transit Hotel inside the terminal!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tomHD
SINCP, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Dear tomHD,

Thank you for your honest and detailed review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. We appreciate the time you've taken to share about your experience at the hotel. I am glad that in general you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am sorry that you had an issue with our reservation team regarding your special request for the baby cot and additional bed. This is not our usual level of service and a response should indeed have been given to you if this special arrangement could not have been made. I will address this issue with our team. Could I trouble you to email me the details of your reservation to carrie.sim@ihg.com?

I do hope that despite the minor hiccups, you'll choose to stay with us again soon!

Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012 via mobile

What a fantastic airport hotel!

Connected to the terminal (3) and easy to locate.

Fantastic rooms - large with great bathrooms, beds and facilities. Very modern.

Food and beverage facilities - the buffet restaurant had a good selection and in particular fantastic desserts.

Great outdoor pool. Spa (I had a massage) is ok but not fantastic.

You don't get much better airport hotels then this - if I was needing to stay near the airport again I wouldn't hesitate to stay here. Highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear bnecpl,

Thank you so much for your review of Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and benefited from the hotel's location in the direct vicinity of Changi Airport Terminal 3.

If you have any feedback on how we can further improve on the experience, do feel free to send an email to sincp@ihg.com. We are constantly looking at ways to provide better service and offering and your invaluable feedback will be very helpful in assisting us in identifying possible areas for improvement.

Thank you and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip!

Kind Regards,
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed here for one night on 9th Sep. Crowne Plaza is a very good airport hotel on Changi Airport (Terminal 3), Singapore. The amazing thing about the hotel is the soundproofed rooms. Inside the room, you don't feel you are in one of the busiest airports of the world!! Very spacious room, good a/c, nice/comfy beds and with a view ofthe airport. Breakfast is good with limited options. Few tips on improvement: reception area is dark and gloomy, please improve the lighting there. Lift buttons need replacement, even after using access card, you have press 2-3 times to go to your floor; even the smaller hotels in (Singapore) city offer free wi-fi in the rooms. Please offer the same to your clients and remove the outdated cable internet in the rooms; shower knobs needs to be attended to as the overhead shower (atleast in room no.448, where I stayed) is leaking. You have the privilege of shopping inside the airport. Cheers is the only departmental available. MRT is very close. Overall a nice hotel for transit.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear RSDhar,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience with Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. We appreciate the positive review and constructive feedback.

I'm sorry that your overhead shower was leaking and you had difficulties with the elevator buttons during your time with us. We will look into both areas. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to share them with us at sincp@ihg.com.

Thank you and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. Obviously in a good location being right in the T3 terminal @ Changi, with access to amenties via skytrain to the T1 & T2. Rooms were a really good size w/ awesome bathrooms, good construction because you can't even hear the planes taking off/landing. The breakfast buffet was really good with alot of options w/ a cook there to make eggs any way you choose. Also had a mani & pedi done @ the spa which was a bit small for a spa, but was good enough. The hotel & Changi airport in general for me is the most enjoyable airport that I pass through, with the transit mall & lounges. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
SINCP, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Dear Michelle808,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. We really appreciate your excellent rating of our hotel!

As an airport hotel, it is of utmost importance that our guests are able to rest, relax and rejuvenate before their flight. We're pleased to know that you've benefited from the hotel's close proximity and direct access to the airport.

I will convey your positive feedback to the relevant departments.

Thank you once again for the positive and comprehensive review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!