Like all airport hotels, the Crowne Plaza mostly caters to two groups of related people. Business men/women, and those with very short layovers who still want a nice place to stay and sleep. To be clear, I fell into the second group.
That being said, there were some problems/frustrations, that could be changed easily to make this a great airport hotel. First the positives: great room with a spacious gorgeous bathroom (soaking tub and rain shower), great pool for an airport hotel, decent gym, convenience (attached to terminal three).
1. 25 SGD for WiFi. Yes...you heard that right. You are within 50 feet of the changing airport terminal where you can get free WiFi...and yet they charge 25 Singh. Plus, if you have more than one device they try to set up a router in your room and want you to sign that you are responsible for it. As a business centered hotel...this is just unacceptable. As a hotel attached to an airport with free WiFi, it's highway robbery.
2. Pool closes at 8. Yes, not nine or ten but eight. It was barely dark out. There explanation when called? "It's dark out". Um...that is why you have pool lights. People using an airport hotel are on all sorts of schedules....to close the pool so early is just silly and not very supportive of travellers with layovers who want to get the most out of the hotel.
3. Charging for the business centre. Similar to number one, just not what I expect from a business hotel.
Also note, if you need to be in terminal two or one before five the sky train is closed until five. There is a shuttle you can take which runs every fifteen minutes. A taxi from terminal three to terminal one was estimated at ten dollars from the front staff. This isn't the hotels fault really...just something that does reduce its "convenience" factor just a little.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted the World's Best Airport Hotel by international travellers in the prestigious Skytrax World Airport Awards for 3 consecutive years (2015, 2016 and 2017), Crowne Plaza Changi Airport's modern architecture combined with hints of nature gives you a glimpse of what to expect in Singapore - a modern garden city. Just steps away from the departure and arrival hall, rejuvenate in the comforts of our calming room or visit our spa for a range of massage treatments. A cutting-edge air-conditioned linkbridge connects the hotel to world-class Changi Airport Terminal 3, with Terminal 1 accessible by SkyTrain and Terminal 2 accessible via a mezzanine link bridge. We are just 10 minutes from Changi Business Park, Singapore Expo and 25 minutes from the city by taxi or MRT. An award-winning airport hotel offering contemporary soundproofed rooms with comfortable beds and spacious modern bathrooms, it is the perfect hotel for a quick stopover between long-haul flights. Crowne Plaza Changi Airport is more a business hotel with a resort ambience. Discover the tropical resort hidden within the hotel with courtyard gardens, a landscaped pool area and peaceful garden views from the Lobby Lounge or al fresco courtyard. Immerse yourself in '70s glamour at bar'75 with intimate nooks for cocktails, dine Cantonese-style at Imperial Treasure or have a buffet of international delights from Azur. Host a tropical garden reception, conference or wedding in our seven meeting rooms and ballroom. Stunning design and the latest technology ensure a successful event with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Changi Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Singapore
- Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Singapore