“Worth staying at if you're looking to save some money in expensive Singapore.”
Review of Hotel Re!

Hotel Re!
Ranked #144 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This retro-themed boutique hotel is a simple and affordable place to crash for the night.

Location: The nearest MRT is a 700m walk away, during rainy days, this can be far. The hotel provides a free shuttle service every 20 minutes from morning til evening to the MRT station. The shuttle doesn't operate daily, please check with the front desk. Getting to and from Changi Airport via MRT is very direct and costs only about $2 per person.

Service: The people were friendly and service was very good. When we first checked-in, I noticed that the shower curtains had a bad smell. Upon informing the front desk, it was immediately changed. The shuttle service was good for days when you couldn't walk to the MRT station.

Rooms: The deluxe room is very small but we didn't mind as we were out most of the day. Some parts of the room showed signs of wear and tear and was a bit dusty but was not a big discomfort. As for the queen-sized bed, it was actually two beds pushed together so it was not very comfortable for couples.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anothermich
PR-HotelRe, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Re!, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear anothermich

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill

Thank you for your kind review.

We have taken note of your feedback and have informed our Rooms Division.

We hope that you would allow us the opportunity to welcome you back at Hotel Re! and to impress you with our commitment to improve. Welcoming you back to Re!lax in Modern Retro Comfort!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Small rooms with smaller bathrooms. The non smoking room reeked of cigarette smell!
Felt like a motel somehow. Quiet hotel. Breakfast was better then the rooms. For a boutique-ish hotel; 'boutique' element is missing. Wont be coming back here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank segarroad
PR-HotelRe, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Re!, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear pendingroad,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl’s Hill!

Thank you taking the time to draft this feedback. We have taken note of your feedback on cigarette smell. As our room policy states 100% smoke free for all rooms, we will step up on our checks before release of clean rooms in future.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

I got a great rate and stayed here for two nights. From the moment I checked in I had a great experience. I got upgraded to a great room as I had stayed here before and offered a greatly discounted breakfast by paying in advance. The hotels in a great location - on a hill in a park but very close to MRT (forget taxis in Singapore!) and to Chinatown. Rooms are funky and comfortable and great shower. I'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear thePaulhongkong,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl’s Hill!

Thank you for your pleasant review! We are glad that you took advantage of the discounted breakfast rate by paying in advance! Believe you have enjoyed your breakfast too! Fpr your next trip to Singapore, do visit our promotions page at: http://www.hotelre.com.sg/hotel-promotions.html

We hope to see you again soon! Cheers!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

This hotel is extremely average. Their posted prices are a joke, you’ll need to book through a third party site, and once you do the prices are decent – around $150 for lowest class of room once all taxes are included.

Customer service is nonexistent at this hotel. Arrived at noon and was told to wait two hours for my room because it wasn’t ready. They didn’t offer any water or anything while I was waiting, and in fact didn’t even tell me when the room was ready. I had to go back and ask, even though I was sitting in plain sight of the reception. Makes me wonder how long I’d be sitting there otherwise. Note: I didn’t see anyone coming or leaving while I sat there, which leads me to believe the room was probably already ready or was ready shortly after my arrival, yet they still didn’t let me check in.

Once I got to the room, I was extremely irritated to see they put us in a room facing the city, when we specifically asked for one facing the park (based off TripAdvisor reviews). Their website also states that deluxe rooms face the park. I had confirmed with the lady during check in that I wanted a park view, and when she gave me the key she said that is what I had. So after waiting two hours, they still had the room wrong.

Once we finally got into our room, things were fine. The bed is very comfortable and there is a small fridge to store drinks. It wasn’t clear if the water and soft drinks were complimentary, as the sign said only the first night is free. I had asked in check if there is anything I needed to know about the hotel or the room -- that would have been a good opportunity to explain the snacks and to introduce the coupons for the restaurant.

If you are staying here, there is a big difference between city side and park side. Our first room was on the 7th floor facing the road and we could clearly hear the sounds of the highway below. If that bothers you, you’ll definitely want to be on the park side, which was completely quiet.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear brockin07,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl’s Hill!

Thank you for taking your time to write this feedback. We are disappointed to here that our level of service did not meet your expectation. We have reflected your feedback to our Head of Operations and hope that you would allow us the opportunity to welcome you back at Hotel Re! with our commitment to improve. Welcoming you back to Re!lax in Modern Retro Comfort!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during a recent business trip to Singapore. Hotel Re is a short walk up a hill from Outram MRT station. The hotel also provides a regular shuttle to the MRT station. Room size is fine and the design is definitely a bit retro-funky. However, you can tell that the room has not been very well maintained. The desk has some rough touch up work. One of the biggest problems that I have with the hotel is that the room is NOT soundproof at all. I could easily hear people walking in the corridor, opening the door etc. all night long.

Overall, it's an okay choice to stay in Singapore, given its relatively affordable pricing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Antony_Yiu

Dear Antony_Yiu,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl’s Hill!

Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We have since then informed our maintenance team to check for the wear & tear of the desks.

We hope the services that we provide prove to be worthy of your choice for the overall stay. Hope to see you again, cheers!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

The Hotel Re! is located near Chinatown in Singapore.
It has a retro style. The rooms are spacious, with a nice bed, fridge and TV. The bathroom was nice but there was mold on the walls near the shelf to put your shampoo. It is a shame because just a little bit of bleach would get rid of the mold and the bathroom would look decent.
They provide you with soft drinks and water every day.
There is a shuttle to go to the nearest metro station. I was able to take it to go to the station but I never found it when coming back. When I asked about the schedule, they told me to call them and they would pick me up. The reason you may want to take the shuttle is not the distance, the hotel is located on top of a hill that could be challenging if you are not fit.
The restaurant is expensive compared to other options in the area and mainly Asian cuisine.
The gym is a joke. A couple of cardio machines in a room with no air conditioning. So it must be 50 degrees celcius inside the room. If you dare to go for a run on the treadmill, you may pass out.
Clarke Quay is a 15 minute walk from the hotel.
If you are looking for a reasonable priced hotel and you don't mind a little bit of mold on the shower wall, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Globetrotter_DBA

Dear Globetrotter_DBA,

Greetings from Hotel Re! @ Pearl’s Hill!

Thank you for your detailed review. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay in the overall. We agree that it will just require that little bit of effort, the mold can be removed and our bathrooms will look neat! We have since then informed our Housekeeping & Maintenance department for a round of checks.

Next round if you stay with us again, do have our staff to help you with tuning the air-conditioning in the gym. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Attended my niece's wedding at the hotel. 2nd time stay and fully satisfied! first stay 25-28 sep.
Convenient with shuttle bus to/fro hotel to the nearest Outram MRT station.
Love the quiet surroundings. 10 min walk to China Town. Within close vicinity to Clark Quay & Boat Quay.
TV channels selections can be improved.
I was disappointed that the hotel did not offer a better rate despite that my niece (the bride) tried to book a room for me.

Room Tip: In Sept stay in room 702; this time 710. Noticed that bed is bigger in 702.