“good service but small rooms”

Fragrance Hotel - Waterfront
Ranked #305 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 20 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Stayed here for one night. Inside the room, every necessary items are available however the room is very small. A lcd flat screen, double bed, cloth hanger, kettle... Only all-in-one body soap is provided (moisturiser, syampoo and body soap). Toilet also small in size. However the hotel is quite new therefore the air conditioning is cool enough ;) At the right hand side of the hotel, there is a 7-11 convenience store, therefore the guests can easily buy any food/stuff anytime. In front of the hotel, there is bus stop where the buses passing by arrive in Vivo City and Marina Bay sands. Check the bus schedule in the bus stop. Quiet environment because it is located in the residential area and nearby to the National University of Singapore.

Room Tip: Dont get a cornered-room because the room is smaller than others. (Most of them are double bed)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very friendly and quite helpful staff. Staff let us visit the hotel frequently throughout the day to attend our luggage despite the fact that we had already checked out; we found this very helpful.

Was pretty much in the middle of nowhere, handy if you want to be next to the National University of Singapore.

A few restaurants around the corner, some of which are open throughout the night.

The room was clean and comfortable but was basic and small. Even had a DVD player, which was interesting.

Bathroom had a wet room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2013

one tink fer sure...its peaceful enuf....thou situated along de streets...24hr convenient store nearby....cheap eateries juz arn de corner....decent enuf to gt a nice sleep...no complains thou....n wads great is.....clean enuf....dats wads matters....!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

The room was a shoe box with a double bed occupying most of the space. We had a corner room which meant it was angled and made getting to the other side of the bed difficult. There was a cupboard for a toilet/shower. The shower was over the toilet truly making this a wet room. S$138 per night seems expensive considering the lack of facilities.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank ADBack
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Expensive, Small room, no breakfast, only few TV channels...but the worts still internet. Need to pay internet 10$ for 24 Hours coupon. Coupon valid only one day, once logon activated, time starts to run even though you may have logged out......Shame for singapore.

Room Tip: Same area, santa grand hotel is better.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Yvan L
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I was a guest staying at fragrance hotel for 10 days(21/01/13-30/01/13) due to my house under renovation.During my stay I have tailor made 2 shirt(S$180) n 1 pants(S$95) from a shopping centre which I brought it back to my room in a paper bag.Unfortunately during my check out,2 of my shirt went missing and only the pant was left in the paper bag.I immediately made a report at the front office and they told me they need more time to investigate and will get back to me.After which I tried to call and check with them after 2 days as I have not receive any call from them.A guy name MICHAEL then told me he can't view anything from the CCTV.But will give me a reply by the day itself which I waited and call back but he was off work I guess.So after which I call the front office again and 1 of the staff told me MICHAEL was not around but he will message him to get back to me.And again no reply!The next day MICHAEL call me to tell me he was in the meeting with the CEO of fragrance hotel an have bring up my matter to them,and he have view the CCTV till the 28th.So he will again need more time to view the 2 more days of my stay.And that he will get back to me by his so call 'TODAY' again.But after 3 days still no sound from him.The front office staff still keep pushing me off by say they will call him to get back to me.With this attitude from this reputable chain hotel,I will urge those with the intention to stay in this hotel to THINK TWICE as for their DISHONEST housekeepers as you might not want any of your items to go missing.

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank Xiaomuzhi
GlobalPremiumHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Fragrance Hotel - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

I refer to your feedback on the lost items during your stay at our hotel.

I wished to inform that Mr Michael is in fact our Assistant Duty Manager, who had personally assisted you in the investigation and had duly followed up with you on this case, on a daily basis from 31 Jan to 03 Feb. We had investigated your concerns on the missing items through the viewing of our CCTV footages and eventually, our findings had proven to be non-conclusive. Please be assured that we treat all lost item reports very seriously and the team had been reminded that the management will not condone any misbehaviour.

Our Manager, Mr Michael shall keep in touch with you again if there is any further update on this matter.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Singapore
Fragrance Hotel - Ocean View
Geylang
Fragrance Hotel - Sunflower
Fragrance Hotel - Sunflower
#207 of 317 in Singapore

Been to Fragrance Hotel - Waterfront? Share your experiences!