“Oh dear oh dear oh dear”
Review of Cafe Brio's

Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Quays
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Awful, overpriced, poor poor service, lack of availability on menu, wrong food arrived, never again. There are way too many other places to eat in Singapore, take a taxi and explore, or take a walk across the river to the restaurants there instead.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Was there on a weekend dinner. Food was ok, place was very crowded. 6 of us was seated at a table which I feel was good enough for maximum 4.

Although we had made reservations before going, it was disappointing to see such a small table for 6 of us. We were almost knocking on each other's elbows and there was not much space to put our plates and glasses.

Food was ok, not a single dish seems worth a second round or can be named as a signature dish for the restuarant. It was very slow in replenishment. Example, I asked them to replenish the ice-cream as it was totally empty. It was not done even after I have requested 3 times over 30 mins. I finally got my ice-cream by complaining to the restuarant manager. He went to the kitchen, brought me 3 scoops of vanilla ice-cream. When I have finished the 3 scoops, the ice-cream at the buffet table was since not replenished. Top up of water was slow too. The only excuse was that it was quite full on a sunday dinner.

Service was totally not accepted for a millennium group hotel restuarant. I went to the sushi counter, there was nobody there, after waiting for 5 mins, the service staff came. I ordered some salmon and asked if they have pacific clams, to my surprise, the staff asked if I can speak chinese. I think this is not accepted for an internationally well known hotel.

Clearing of the empty/used plates was so slow that we gathered them and placed them to the used dish area ourselves.

At the end of dinner, we waited 30 mins for the bill to come and ended up going to the cashier to get it instead.

Will never return to this resturant, for this price, you get much better standard of food and service elsewhere.

1  Thank PandaMoy
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Went there with my colleagues. Enjoyed the ambiance, food and service. Wish there were more desserts though. However, the sushi and lamb are highly commendable!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

It was a Sunday and the restaurant was full. Despite the crowd, the staff still gave enough attention to us in terms of refilling water and clearing used plates. Had quite a variety of choices and barbecue food tasted good. Replenish of popular food like fresh oysters and sashimi a bit slow. Overall, a great experience for family dining.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

even the restaurant was full of guest fighting for the buffet i go for a la card and it was a nice choice. I ordered rib eye steak and it was wonderful. They ask me to wait 30 mins due to overloading of guests due to sea food buffet but it came after 15 mins and the steak was great as well as the french fries, best in decade !