“Great food, good price & extremely efficient service”
Review of Hot Tomato Express

Hot Tomato Express
Ranked #3,297 of 11,302 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
Description: Hot Tomato Express is a chain of casual Western steakhouses in Singapore. Here at Hot Tomato, our grills come with a side pasta and salad. Truly, we love our steak and we love our pasta.
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We visited Tot Tomato Express in STAR Vista mall. This restaurant surprised me in various ways!

First, it was the shop manager who stood at the door to welcome customers. Part of the reason why we didn't walk out was that. He knew the exactly right amount to explain, and let customer make the decision.

We ordered the food and they were delivered quite fast - during the peak time of Saturday, 7:30pm. Food quality was surprisingly good - for the price. When one of us wanted some ketchup, we asked a waitress, and it arrived within just a minute.

Everything was highly efficient - event the bill. When I asked for it, someone appeared with it in 30 seconds.

When the manager came and ask "how was everything?", I specifically mentioned that they surprised me with the efficiency. He said, "we have a system", which I had to believe - and, it was working.

Only negative was that I wish if there was more space between tables so that we could have a private conversation over the meal.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

We dine here twice. My husband so love their Stake that he ordered extra rice and still could not get enough of it. I also like their Lambchops. Good food at a very affordable price. We dine here at Plaza Singapura and at NEX.

Reviewed 24 December 2012

Always visit hot tomato when i can find one, perfect price and food cooked to perfection. In the last visit, i went to @313 Somerset's after shopping around there. I had the Steak and Prawn, medium rare and my friend had the pork and sausages. The steak was perfectly seared and cooked to medium rare, and seasoning was great, with the sauce that came with it. The spaghetti that came along was cooked al dante, salad although was just leafy vegetables with vinegar based sauce, but was PERFECT. i love it. I totally recommend this place.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

It was a busy weekday dinner hour. The team was efficient to handle the queue and take our order even before we sit down. We waited for about 10 mins for a table and once we were seated, we were served ice water and and within 8 mins, our appetizer was served and soon after our main course and everything else! Before we knew it we were done with our meal in less than 25 mins! (from the time we were seated). The food was so so for the price. If you like more quality food, you'll have to pay more.
Overall, the experience was alright, it feels more like a "fast" food dinner, as everything felt like it was in a rush. If you want to have more time to chit chat with your friends, the environment is not suitable. But I must say I was impressed with the service efficiency!

1  Thank DaliCT
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Inspite of being short handed and busy - all the staff were friendly and helpful. Food was reasonable, I had the lamb chops and partner had steak. Some months ago, ate at the Nex Serangoon branch where the staff were all friendly as well. (all Filipinos in both branches).