“Beautiful luxury accommodation”
Review of Lotus at Joo Chiat

Lotus at Joo Chiat
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Singapore
Lotus at Joo Chiat
Ranked #136 of 247 Speciality Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We spent 8 nights here in August 2012- our family with another family. The accommodation itself is really wonderful both outside and inside with gorgeous garden. Carefully renovated, beautifully maintained, it has a uniquely Peranakan feel. There is a great play area with Little Tikes toys (castle, house, cars) for our 2 & 3 year old kids with plenty of room for them to run around. However, there is no fence around the pool so we did need to keep an eye out for the children.

In the 4 bedroom Penang suite where we stayed, the ceilings are high so it has an air of spacious living. The welcome hamper was a nice touch. All items are listed and priced so you know how much everything is if you break or lose it (e.g. coat hangers are $3 each). The breakfast was not exciting (especially for being in food-loving Singapore) but given this is not a huge hotel with a large turnover of guests, it's also understandable. Though we consciously tried to be careful about air conditioner usage, we still exceeded the daily limit and had to pay extra at the end of our stay.

I removed my wedding ring to apply sunscreen on the kids and left it on an outside chair. I was devastated that when I rang the office, the ring wasn't found. But thankfully, the CCTV verified that an external contractor took it so it was returned to me. I'm very thankful for such great security in place.

This place is located around 10 min walk to Eunos MRT, 8 minutes to the bus station, 5 min to some great restaurants along Joo Chiat Rd and is less than S$10 taxi ride to East Coast Parkway which is fantastic for seafood, bike riding and enjoying the beach.

If I had any suggestions to make- selling washing powder at the office would be handy (cos for short term stays like ours, we wouldn't go through a box), fitting each apartment with a first aid kit, providing cloths in the kitchen to wipe down bench tops.

Though expensive, it was a very special home to return home to each night in Singapore and the pool was a lovely place to relax. Thank you to all the staff at Lotus @Joo Chiat.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank amaziah

Reviewed 13 March 2012

This is a great place to stay if you are like me, a foreigner in a new job in Singapore, the accomadation and facilities are none to one. I have been here since december 2011 and no complaints at all. The appartment is big, well mantain and cleanilness is top of the line and all these makes you fell at home. About the staff, every body is willing to assist you every time you need any kind of help, Miss Rhea and Mr. Robin that are at the front office will treat you very kindly and with professionality and Miss Jamie in house keeping also is always very kind and provide you with a big smile and ask you if every thing is all right. The breakfast in the morning provided by them is good and the aroma of the coffee make you awake every morning.Definitily this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: Call them direct at 65 6348 8533 they wil provide you with all the information you need.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank mexico1959
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Arrived at the end of June 2011 due to leave end of Feburary 2012, will be very sorry to go. Everything about it was great, location, security, staff, gardens, parking and cleanliness. Location is very good, lots of restaurants/bars in close proximity. 24 hrs security ( not sure why as the people there are fantastic) The staff were very friendly alwaye polite and helpful. The gardens are beautiful and maintained on a daily basis, very well kept.The fact that it has under ground parking is another big plus as Joo Chait is a very lively place. The rooms were cleaned to a high standard the staff always did a good job. Thanks to all at Lotus for their part in making my stay the best time of my life so far.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Tipsonhotels
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed at Lotus studio apartment for 5 weeks for our vacation. Felt at home as the staff were cheerful, very friendly and helpful. Relaxing atmosphere with well maintained garden, good security and big carps pond. Location is excellent with many eateries and restaurants with local specialities. The area reflects the ethnic cultures and the old charm of Singapore.
We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank the_nedr
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My wife and I and indeed all of our party, here in Singapore for my son's wedding, found the accommodation excellent. Staff were friendly and very helpful, facilities were clean and modern, and the location within the many cafes and restaurants and lovely homes made for interesting and rewarding neighbourhood walks. Fei Fei Mee Wantan King across the street is a real bonus! Loved it - highly recommend it to anyone. [Only request - more teabags in the rooms, and a few more rubbish bins scattered amongst the various rooms would be better] Well done to staff for an excellent stay!

Room Tip: Just ring the staff ahead of time - most friendly.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Roger W
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I moved to Lotus at Joo Chiat after two disasterous stays elsewhere. I knew as soon as I looked around that I would feel at home here and I have not been disappointed. This is a very relaxing place to stay - the management team are very friendly and cannot do enough for you, the grounds are well maintained and the neighbours are welcoming of new people moving in.

The location is ideally situated for the Eunos MRT and it feels more authentic than other places that I stayed, which gives more options for eating out and embracing different cultures.

I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank lancashirelass002
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed at Lotus for a whole month and really enjoyed our time there. Lovely easy living atmosphere with nice helpful staff, lovely garden and playground and pool. We had a terrace apartment on the ground floor which if you are staying with young kids for a fairly long stay was wonderful and worth requesting. The apartments are a good size, pretty well equipped but could do with a few extras, we missed decent size coffee mugs, a cheese grater, wine glasses and a bottle opener...but there was good saucepans, knives, good stove and decent size fridge, so not bad at all. The cleaning was a bit quick and haphazard, twice a week on a Monday and Thursday ...bathrooms done in the dark etc. They could also do with more places to hang towels and providing pool towels. That said the area has some fun places to eat and explore old Singapore and the kids especially enjoyed our stay, made friends, loved the garden and kids toys, playground pool etc. I would definitely reccomend it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business