“Exemplary service, convenient location, sky-gardens a big plus”

Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore
Ranked #129 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I just spent a very pleasant two weeks there, and had a great deal of trouble thinking of anything to complain about. The location was convenient for me, as the office I was visiting was at UE Square, a short cab ride away; while of course, since I was a stone's throw from Orchard Street, there were far more restaurants within walking distance than I could have hoped to have visited had I had two months rather than two weeks. Furthermore, there is a bus stop literally across the street if your tastes or budget run more to buses than to cabs. The room was comfortable, the housekeeping was exemplary, and the housekeeper herself was very pleasant and friendly on the couple of occasions when I was there during the day. Breakfast was consistently quite good, with a reasonable variety of food on the buffet, supplemented with made-to-order waffles, omelettes, etc. The staff downstairs were uniformly friendly and helpful, whether I was asking them to change $22 of small change into bills or trying to find out where I could get a cup of teh tarik. And the driver they ordered for my trip to the airport at the end of my stay, arrived twenty minutes early.

I should especially mention the sky-gardens they have every six floors or so, which are open-air terraces suspended between the north and south towers, and from which you have a spectacular view looking across urban shops and greenery, across Fort Canning Hill a kilometer or so away, and then on beyond to the Central Business District and the open sea. It's a lovely view during the day and a spectacular one at night; but to see it at its best you should get up at 6:00 or so and enjoy a cup of tea in the glory of the sunrise. One warning, though: the hanging chairs on the 11th-floor sky-garden are so soothingly comfortable that on more than one occasion I peacefully dozed off in them, which is a good way to miss the sunrise after having gone to the trouble of getting up at 6:00. So maybe, for the sunrise, the more conventional chairs on the 15th-floor sky-garden are a better choice.

Really, I tried to think of anything to complain about, and only came up with two things. One, the in-room Bose sound system, while it made my CD's sound awesome, didn't like either my iPhone or my laptop -- for them it had too high a feedback-to-music ratio. But since that mattered so little to me that I never got around to calling the concierge to ask them to get it fixed -- as I'm sure they'd have done had I asked them -- that hardly seems worth complaining about. And two, the pepper in the breakfast lounge's pepper-shakers is white...but that just means you're in Singapore, and since I carry around in my pocket a small container of black pepper precisely because I know that whatever restaurant I happen to eat in will serve white pepper rather than black, that posed no problem either. And really, that's all I could think of on the negative side of the ledger.

In short: recommended without reservation. I would be happy to stay there whenever business calls me to Singapore.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ken P
AndrewYee, Manager at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Dear Ken P,

Thank you for the detailed description of our products and services. We will certainly bring your compliments to our associates' attention and are sure it will brighten their day. Your attention to details on our sky gardens is commendable and are glad you used these to the best advantage. Once again, thank you for taking the effort to write of your stay experience with us.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

I was in Singapore with my family from 25th to the 31st May 2012 and was very very impressed with the PPSS where we stayed. The staff was very very helpful and very nice. The hotel was very quiet and clean and was like a home away from home. The eating joints around the hotel were just so lovely including a rather charming bakery just below the hotel. The hotel is located in the heart of the best shopping area of Singapore and we had a blast visiting the malls which are just a walking distance from the hotel. It was a remarkable holiday in Singapore for us thanks to the best place in Singapore called the PAN PACIFIC SERVICE SUITES.

Room Tip: Its not the room but the service that makes every room feel like home. So just go ahead and book the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sagarathleteplus
AndrewYee, Manager at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Dear Sagarathleteplus

We are honoured by your title 'The Best in Singapore'. Our associates here are also touched by your compliments. More than just a central location which you had so accurately described, we had also received many feedbacks on the safe and secure location of our serviced suites.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We look forward to welcoming you home, once again.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

I've recently relocated to Singapore from London for the long term with my partner and stayed at Pan Pacific for 4 weeks in all. Everything about the place I thought was excellent, especially for someone who doesn't know Singapore at all!

My partner had to start work straight away and we were conveniently next to a MRT station and taxi rank (albeit you could order a taxi from your room), so she could get anywhere really quickly. I on the other hand could use the facilities which was a lovely pool and also a really well equipped gym. Going to the gym was something I haven't done for a while but it was clean and really quiet.

The staff really are the key to the place and we were really welcomed by a lovely girl called Pinky on front desk. Infact everyone on front desk was really helpful - even getting my post sent out for me and organising a hire car.

If you like shopping, you can not be in a better location than this. In the heart of the Orchard Road shopping district. If you can't find what you want then you really are picky...and you should pack your bags. I'm a guy and shopping isn't my forte but you could spend a day in just one mall and probably not see all the shops in full...this part of the City is truly amazing.

The serviced apartments are cleaned everyday bar Sunday and public holidays and the morning breakfast is served upto 11am. when I got into the swing of things i usually popped down at 10:30am and had a good read of the International Herald Times.

If you are here for work stay here as there are tonnes of restaurants outside and also meeting facilities in the building too. Great place.

Room Tip: go as high a possible for the view - especially when there are is lightening..... Also there are ba...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank pieboy4
AndrewYee, Manager at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Dear Pieboy4,

Very well descibed information of our serviced suites. Thank you for your time and effort to pen this review. We appreciate your describing your lifestyle while staying in our suites. It gives others an idea of what they can look forward to.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

The PPSA are perfectly located off Orchard Rd and attached to 313 Somerset shopping centre. It's an easy location to get to most places in Spore as its right next door to Somerset MRT. The quality of accommodation is very high, the service is faultless and the suites are serviced daily (except Sundays). The suites do cost more than others, but there is wireless included, use of business suite, excellent facilities and a good hearty breakfast in the morning. If I had one complaint, it would be that they only serve dim sum for breakfast once a week! I am sure that this is to cater for their multinational guests. Highly recommended.

Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank tanagogo1
AndrewYee, Manager at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear Tanagogo1

Thank you for your feedback. You had described accurately our location, product and what most feedback in this and other platform had been talking of. We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to your staying with us again.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

Likes:
- new building, design rooms, pleasant lobby and atmosphere, half open-air setting.
- good soundproofing.
- small kitchen, but perfectly designed and well equipped.
- service with a smile and efficient: if something is broken, they will repair it immediately.
- for staying 3 weeks and half, they kindly moved me after 10 days to a larger room. Thank you!
- just next to underground and of course the Orchard glitz, also supermarket across the road.
Not dislikes, but some points to remember:
- cannot open windows.
- on the expensive side. Of course, Singapore is expensive, and I think that they are the only apartments with kitchen which are modern, in a good location and of high standard. Just expect what you pay for, not the superb deal.
- "Executive suite" is quite small as you have no living room... but the setup is quite ingenious.
- Pool: cold water (sorry people: I am a bit of a spoiled brat who likes warm pool).
- You must book one week at least, and you have some formalities to complete before you can book the room (sending credit cards copies, etc...)... OK, fair policy, just be prepared.
Would I go back (if company pays expenses?): definitively!

Room Tip: Be warned that executive suites are a bit small.... no issue with the sound from the bars downstairs...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank JeanLouisV
AndrewYee, Manager at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Dear JeanLouisV

Thank you for the very well described features of our serviced suites and its facilities and services. A lot of planning considerations goes into making Pan Pacific Serviced Suites - from its interior design, its double glazed windows, its iconic facade, location and even linkways. You have accurately highlighted all these beautifully. Once again, a big thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you once again.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed here for one week with my brothers. The service was EXCELLENT!! They were very consistent with their service, no matter who is attending to you from their Front Office to the people at the Pacific Lounge. We have might request a lot of things during our stay but you would not see or feel that we were disturbing them. Coming from the same industry before, I must say that they have a HIGH QUALITY OF SERVICE. Aside from from their service the facilities were great, they have the Sauna, Swimming Pool and the Living Room.
Thank you very much for your hospitality!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank simplyp
AndrewYee, Manager at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Dear Simplyp

Thank you for your superb review of our serviced suites, especially our Front Office and Pacific Lounge associates. We will certainly pass on your compliments to our associates for the recognition they truly deserve.

Our associates are our best assets and we are truly grateful they also enjoy extending their hospitality to our residents.

Reviewed 26 November 2011

It is my first time staying at the Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Singapore and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff is the first thing I noticed. The overall fittings and amenities are first class with a pool, a full size gym which includes the normal machines plus free weights which is unusual, a hot spa + steam room. I found the pool a bit small, a bit on the cold side. It also includes a living room where you can relax away from your apartment which includes a pool table, wii, coffee machine and outside decking. The location is perfect which is right next to Somerset mrt and adjacent to 313 mall. I would firmly recommend this to anybody staying in a serviced apartment in Singapore.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Chris3669
AndrewYee, Manager at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2011

Dear Chris3669

We thank you for your review. Two of the most talked about features of our serviced suites are its team of helpful and friendly associates and the location of Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, as you had correctly put it. City-living at its best! Like many of our residents here, we look forward to welcoming here again.