I just spent a very pleasant two weeks there, and had a great deal of trouble thinking of anything to complain about. The location was convenient for me, as the office I was visiting was at UE Square, a short cab ride away; while of course, since I was a stone's throw from Orchard Street, there were far more restaurants within walking distance than I could have hoped to have visited had I had two months rather than two weeks. Furthermore, there is a bus stop literally across the street if your tastes or budget run more to buses than to cabs. The room was comfortable, the housekeeping was exemplary, and the housekeeper herself was very pleasant and friendly on the couple of occasions when I was there during the day. Breakfast was consistently quite good, with a reasonable variety of food on the buffet, supplemented with made-to-order waffles, omelettes, etc. The staff downstairs were uniformly friendly and helpful, whether I was asking them to change $22 of small change into bills or trying to find out where I could get a cup of teh tarik. And the driver they ordered for my trip to the airport at the end of my stay, arrived twenty minutes early.
I should especially mention the sky-gardens they have every six floors or so, which are open-air terraces suspended between the north and south towers, and from which you have a spectacular view looking across urban shops and greenery, across Fort Canning Hill a kilometer or so away, and then on beyond to the Central Business District and the open sea. It's a lovely view during the day and a spectacular one at night; but to see it at its best you should get up at 6:00 or so and enjoy a cup of tea in the glory of the sunrise. One warning, though: the hanging chairs on the 11th-floor sky-garden are so soothingly comfortable that on more than one occasion I peacefully dozed off in them, which is a good way to miss the sunrise after having gone to the trouble of getting up at 6:00. So maybe, for the sunrise, the more conventional chairs on the 15th-floor sky-garden are a better choice.
Really, I tried to think of anything to complain about, and only came up with two things. One, the in-room Bose sound system, while it made my CD's sound awesome, didn't like either my iPhone or my laptop -- for them it had too high a feedback-to-music ratio. But since that mattered so little to me that I never got around to calling the concierge to ask them to get it fixed -- as I'm sure they'd have done had I asked them -- that hardly seems worth complaining about. And two, the pepper in the breakfast lounge's pepper-shakers is white...but that just means you're in Singapore, and since I carry around in my pocket a small container of black pepper precisely because I know that whatever restaurant I happen to eat in will serve white pepper rather than black, that posed no problem either. And really, that's all I could think of on the negative side of the ledger.
In short: recommended without reservation. I would be happy to stay there whenever business calls me to Singapore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban sanctuary in the heart of Orchard Road, Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Singapore offers 126 suites and penthouses of unsurpassed luxury that comes either with a view of the uptown Orchard Road or the lush greenery of Somerset Road. Dressed in contemporary design and colours, all of the units comprising executive and premium suites, 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom suites and penthouses, come with spacious bathroom, a well equipped kitchen and Loewe LCD TV and Bose audio System.Conveniently located above Somerset MRT station, right in the heart of Singapore’s biggest shopping district, Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Singapore is the perfect haven for extended stay travellers to refresh and recharge. It is adjacent to the malls of Somerset313, Orchard Central and a stone throw away from TripleOne Somerset and Paragon/Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre. This prime location means that residents of Pan Pacific are never far from the action, whether they want to work, play, eat, recuperate or take in a few local sights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore