“Simply the BEST!”

Ranked #131 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Auckland, New Zealand
“Simply the BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

If you're looking for a short or long term stay look no further. We've been staying here since early June you've found the right place. Great location - mrt, shopping and restaurants are just a stroll away.We are currently staying in a studio room - generous in size with a well equipped kitchenette, washing machine/dryer, (We would have loved to stay in the one bedroom as we'll be here long term - but there isn't one available when we booked). You can't fault their service - receptionists are ever so helpful and friendly, the breakfast a treat (staff and cook ever so pleasant - best egg benedict Hilda!) and their housekeeping spotless - thank you Minah and co). There's a pool, gym and steam room - quite under use really but nice to have. The lounge on level 11 is a haven for relaxation - filled with books and other interesting reading materials. We're so spoilt for restaurant choices as PPSS backs on to Somerset 313 - it has numerous restaurants (East & West) and if you'd like a taste of the local food - there's a food court at level 5. I would recommend this serviced apartment/hotel for all groups.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floor facing the CBD are the best and sky garden level for the outdoor lounge...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank JWhite60
, Manager at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Dear Jwhite60,
What a delight to read your feedbacks! We certainly will be sure to pass on your compliments to our associates. Am sure they appreciate the kind and encouraging words. Once again, thank you.

Andrew Yee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Foster City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

What a pleasant surprise when I arrived at PPSS after 20 hours flight! The apt. Is beautifully decorated in a contemporary style. All the staff there are super nice and very helpful. Most of them even remember my name and always greet me with a genuine smile:-)

The mattress and the beddings are very very comfortable. The only thing I want to complain about is the windows are all locked so no fresh air in the room and we have to have AC on 24x 7. I guess this is nothing unusual for any hotels.

Anyway, BIG thank you to all at PPSS and keep up the good work!

Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Katie G
, Manager at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Dear Katie G, Thank you so much for your superb compliments. We are grateful for your effort in penning your extended stay experience with us. Greatly appreciate your support of our serviced suites and we look forward to seeing you again.

Byron Bay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

Stayed in studio apartment on a high floor for 3 months. Friendly, efficient and consistent service. Great location close to everything on orchard. Nice pool, hot pools/steam room, lounge and never crowded gym. You will need a bigger room for a family or if you are planning on substantial in room time. House keeping was excellent and kept the room in top condition. Front desk staff ever helpful and the best at getting taxis in singapore. Breakfasts were standard fare, and could have done with perhaps more variety and be available 7 days. Lacked a loyalty scheme (pan pacific's or anyone else's).

Room Tip: High floors quieter and have nicer outlook.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank KiwiBrazilianPom
AndrewYee, Manager at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear KiwiBrazilianPom

Thank you for your compliments on our Housekeeping and Front Office associates. They have consistently been winning praises for their soft touches in making this a home. Our facilities are generous for just 126 apartments. You are right - it is never crowded in our gym, even in the pool and the hot pools/steam room. Greatly appreciate your feedback on your stay experience.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

I just spent a very pleasant two weeks there, and had a great deal of trouble thinking of anything to complain about. The location was convenient for me, as the office I was visiting was at UE Square, a short cab ride away; while of course, since I was a stone's throw from Orchard Street, there were far more restaurants within walking distance than I could have hoped to have visited had I had two months rather than two weeks. Furthermore, there is a bus stop literally across the street if your tastes or budget run more to buses than to cabs. The room was comfortable, the housekeeping was exemplary, and the housekeeper herself was very pleasant and friendly on the couple of occasions when I was there during the day. Breakfast was consistently quite good, with a reasonable variety of food on the buffet, supplemented with made-to-order waffles, omelettes, etc. The staff downstairs were uniformly friendly and helpful, whether I was asking them to change $22 of small change into bills or trying to find out where I could get a cup of teh tarik. And the driver they ordered for my trip to the airport at the end of my stay, arrived twenty minutes early.

I should especially mention the sky-gardens they have every six floors or so, which are open-air terraces suspended between the north and south towers, and from which you have a spectacular view looking across urban shops and greenery, across Fort Canning Hill a kilometer or so away, and then on beyond to the Central Business District and the open sea. It's a lovely view during the day and a spectacular one at night; but to see it at its best you should get up at 6:00 or so and enjoy a cup of tea in the glory of the sunrise. One warning, though: the hanging chairs on the 11th-floor sky-garden are so soothingly comfortable that on more than one occasion I peacefully dozed off in them, which is a good way to miss the sunrise after having gone to the trouble of getting up at 6:00. So maybe, for the sunrise, the more conventional chairs on the 15th-floor sky-garden are a better choice.

Really, I tried to think of anything to complain about, and only came up with two things. One, the in-room Bose sound system, while it made my CD's sound awesome, didn't like either my iPhone or my laptop -- for them it had too high a feedback-to-music ratio. But since that mattered so little to me that I never got around to calling the concierge to ask them to get it fixed -- as I'm sure they'd have done had I asked them -- that hardly seems worth complaining about. And two, the pepper in the breakfast lounge's pepper-shakers is white...but that just means you're in Singapore, and since I carry around in my pocket a small container of black pepper precisely because I know that whatever restaurant I happen to eat in will serve white pepper rather than black, that posed no problem either. And really, that's all I could think of on the negative side of the ledger.

In short: recommended without reservation. I would be happy to stay there whenever business calls me to Singapore.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ken P
AndrewYee, Manager at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Dear Ken P,

Thank you for the detailed description of our products and services. We will certainly bring your compliments to our associates' attention and are sure it will brighten their day. Your attention to details on our sky gardens is commendable and are glad you used these to the best advantage. Once again, thank you for taking the effort to write of your stay experience with us.

india
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

I was in Singapore with my family from 25th to the 31st May 2012 and was very very impressed with the PPSS where we stayed. The staff was very very helpful and very nice. The hotel was very quiet and clean and was like a home away from home. The eating joints around the hotel were just so lovely including a rather charming bakery just below the hotel. The hotel is located in the heart of the best shopping area of Singapore and we had a blast visiting the malls which are just a walking distance from the hotel. It was a remarkable holiday in Singapore for us thanks to the best place in Singapore called the PAN PACIFIC SERVICE SUITES.

Room Tip: Its not the room but the service that makes every room feel like home. So just go ahead and book the...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Sagarathleteplus
AndrewYee, Manager at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear Sagarathleteplus

We are honoured by your title 'The Best in Singapore'. Our associates here are also touched by your compliments. More than just a central location which you had so accurately described, we had also received many feedbacks on the safe and secure location of our serviced suites.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We look forward to welcoming you home, once again.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

I've recently relocated to Singapore from London for the long term with my partner and stayed at Pan Pacific for 4 weeks in all. Everything about the place I thought was excellent, especially for someone who doesn't know Singapore at all!

My partner had to start work straight away and we were conveniently next to a MRT station and taxi rank (albeit you could order a taxi from your room), so she could get anywhere really quickly. I on the other hand could use the facilities which was a lovely pool and also a really well equipped gym. Going to the gym was something I haven't done for a while but it was clean and really quiet.

The staff really are the key to the place and we were really welcomed by a lovely girl called Pinky on front desk. Infact everyone on front desk was really helpful - even getting my post sent out for me and organising a hire car.

If you like shopping, you can not be in a better location than this. In the heart of the Orchard Road shopping district. If you can't find what you want then you really are picky...and you should pack your bags. I'm a guy and shopping isn't my forte but you could spend a day in just one mall and probably not see all the shops in full...this part of the City is truly amazing.

The serviced apartments are cleaned everyday bar Sunday and public holidays and the morning breakfast is served upto 11am. when I got into the swing of things i usually popped down at 10:30am and had a good read of the International Herald Times.

If you are here for work stay here as there are tonnes of restaurants outside and also meeting facilities in the building too. Great place.

Room Tip: go as high a possible for the view - especially when there are is lightening..... Also there are ba...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank pieboy4
AndrewYee, Manager at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Pieboy4,

Very well descibed information of our serviced suites. Thank you for your time and effort to pen this review. We appreciate your describing your lifestyle while staying in our suites. It gives others an idea of what they can look forward to.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Marlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

The PPSA are perfectly located off Orchard Rd and attached to 313 Somerset shopping centre. It's an easy location to get to most places in Spore as its right next door to Somerset MRT. The quality of accommodation is very high, the service is faultless and the suites are serviced daily (except Sundays). The suites do cost more than others, but there is wireless included, use of business suite, excellent facilities and a good hearty breakfast in the morning. If I had one complaint, it would be that they only serve dim sum for breakfast once a week! I am sure that this is to cater for their multinational guests. Highly recommended.

Stayed April 2012
5 Thank tanagogo1
AndrewYee, Manager at Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard Singapore, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Tanagogo1

Thank you for your feedback. You had described accurately our location, product and what most feedback in this and other platform had been talking of. We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to your staying with us again.