“Best Vegetarian High Tea Buffet I had”
Review of Lingzhi Vegetarian

Lingzhi Vegetarian
Ranked #909 of 10,643 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
“Best Vegetarian High Tea Buffet I had”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

There are plentiful of high tea buffets but I can’t think of any that serves vegetarian fare other than Lingzhi Vegetarian Restaurant located at Velocity @ Novena Square. This is one of my favourite vegetarian restaurants and I go to for the food and ambiance.

On a Saturday afternoon, I had high tea with 2 non-vegetarian friends at Lingzhi Vegetarian Restaurant. There is an assortment of dim sum, including steamed siew mai, steamed char siew bun, steamed beancurd vegetable roll, etc.

For the baked and fried dim sum, there are yam croquette, spring roll, curry puff, carrot cake, and vegetarian pork pastry. One of my favourites is the vegetarian pork pastry. The mock meat is tasty and the pastry is flaky.

For side dishes, there are fried noodles, rojak and curry vegetables. The curry vegetables is a must try. It is not too spicy and the gravy is flavourful. The rojak is another of my favourite with the sweet and tangy sauce.

Desserts include custard roll, red bean roll, hot and cold dessert. I loved the almond jelly with longan dessert which is sweet enough. To accompany the dim sum, we ordered jasmine tea which is not included in the buffet price. The tea is fragrant and it goes well with the food.

As Lingzhi’s high tea buffet is served only on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, do call ahead for reservations as at times the place is fully reserved.

• Visited June 2013

New Delhi, India
“Must try for Indian Vegetarian tourist.”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Being a vegetarian (no egg also) is very boring in places like Singapore, which has many gourmet treat for meat lovers.

My guest booked this place and we were 10 in all with only me being Vegetarian, All were Singaporians and they had never been to this restaurant.

I was feeling awkward and nervous as how all these meat lovers were forced to eat Vegetarian food just because of me.

This restaurant serves authentic Chinese veg food and have many dishes without egg also.

Obviously the discussion went on the belief on why I don't eat meat etc. etc. I said let us eat the food and we will discuss later.

I think 5-6 dishes were ordered along with soup and green tea. As we started indulging in the dishes..the reaction around was amazing. Everybody started thanking me for giving them the reason of eating such great food. It was really funny..they were the host and myself their guest but they were thanking me for this opportunity.

The food is really a surprise and a Must try. I don't know how many options they had but we had one brown rice dish and few green vegetable dishes, few barbecued dishes along with soup.Sorry can't remember the name but all the dishes has different taste and were just amazing.

So in the end I asked, did anybody miss meat and instant reply was NO.

So left them with a thought..why kill somebody for our survival when nature has abundance of options in veg to eat and enjoy.

Well I can go on with my thought on it but this is not the forum..

So enjoy an amazing vegetarian Chinese food in Singapore and be Surprised....

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank iSammir
Calgary, Canada
“Great food at a decent price”
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

We had a little difficulty getting a recommendation from the staff for how much food to order, but two starters and two mains turned put to be just about right for three people. We actually ordered three starters, but when the third never appeared on the table or the bill, we didn't complain! The variety of dishes was impressive (many at around $15) and given more time here we'd definitely be going back.

Singapore, Singapore
“Tasty and unique food, worth the price!”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The food options and taste had pleasantly improved since our last visit 6 months ago. Absolutely worth the price.

Reservation is recommended as it can be rather full especially on weekends.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank HYY_T
Singapore, Singapore
“Awesome food”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I have been to this restaurent many time. Every time there is something new to try and the sause is something magical. Different dishes come with different sauces but all of them are awe !.. Highly recommend if you are a vegetarian. Only flip side is that I have to save enough until my next visit :)

• Visited February 2013