“Monkey Head Mushrooms”

Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
Derbyshire
“Monkey Head Mushrooms”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I certainly agree with the last reviewer on the exotic sauteed monkey head mushrooms which for me was the stand out dish of the 6 or so courses we tried. The mushrooms were served with an excellent wasabi and sesame cream sauce which was like nothing I've tasted before. As a non-vegetarian there was certainly enough to be of interest.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank OrvistheDog

Singapore, Singapore
“Vegetarian fine dining!”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Lingzhi at Liat Towers along Orchard Road is without doubt one of the finer vegetarian dining establishments in Singapore. It serves excellent Hong Kong style dim sum at lunch time, including char siew pau (bbq pork buns), har gao (bbq pork pastry), duck gizzard in a sweet and salty molasses sauce and delicate dumplings like siew mai. Be sure to get there early, preferably before 1.30pm as the dim sum runs out early. Once you know what you'd like to have, you can call in advance and have them set it aside for you.

The a la carte menu is extensive and interesting. They serve novelty items such as a 'rock and roll' salad, spinach soup served in a bamboo and exotic sauteed monkey head mushrooms, all of which are delicious.They also have a good variety of soups, mains and rice/noodles. Lingzhi is by far one of my favourite vegetarian restaurants in Singapore.

Singapore, Singapore
“Good vegetarian spread!”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We had a business lunch with our vegetarian customers, and this is in my impression one of the best ones i could offered to my guests.

The staff are friendly and they will give their best to recommend you some dishes if you are spoilt for choice.

Ohio City, Ohio
“American vegetarian in Singapore finds paradise”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My brother is an expat from the US living in Singapore permanently, so I knew a little about the restaurant scene in Singapore. I am a vegetarian (from the US) and was overwhelmed by the selection and quality of the food at this restaurant.

My delight was pretty much unexpected as this restaurant is in a shopping mall. It is surrounded by other restaurants, most of them fast food. The waitress offered us a buffet, but we opted to order a la carte from the menu. We ordered a bunch of appetizers (including a type of breaded pumpkin roll), a couple of main dishes (roast duck and shish kebab with peanut sauce), and a few desserts (the green test tubes, "Nature's Green"). All of these items were 100% vegetarian. The food was excellent. The presentation was nice, particularly the grand finale of "test tubes": 4 test tubes filled with green fruit/vegetable juice served in a giant bowl of ice.

The service was good. My stay in Singapore convinced me that many people in the service industry in Singapore have difficulty with English; this was the case also at this restaurant. However, the overall level of service was good.

The price was relatively high, but still worth it considering the quality of the food.

2 Thank Ddan7777
“Best Vegetarian High Tea Buffet I had”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

There are plentiful of high tea buffets but I can’t think of any that serves vegetarian fare other than Lingzhi Vegetarian Restaurant located at Velocity @ Novena Square. This is one of my favourite vegetarian restaurants and I go to for the food and ambiance.

On a Saturday afternoon, I had high tea with 2 non-vegetarian friends at Lingzhi Vegetarian Restaurant. There is an assortment of dim sum, including steamed siew mai, steamed char siew bun, steamed beancurd vegetable roll, etc.

For the baked and fried dim sum, there are yam croquette, spring roll, curry puff, carrot cake, and vegetarian pork pastry. One of my favourites is the vegetarian pork pastry. The mock meat is tasty and the pastry is flaky.

For side dishes, there are fried noodles, rojak and curry vegetables. The curry vegetables is a must try. It is not too spicy and the gravy is flavourful. The rojak is another of my favourite with the sweet and tangy sauce.

Desserts include custard roll, red bean roll, hot and cold dessert. I loved the almond jelly with longan dessert which is sweet enough. To accompany the dim sum, we ordered jasmine tea which is not included in the buffet price. The tea is fragrant and it goes well with the food.

As Lingzhi’s high tea buffet is served only on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, do call ahead for reservations as at times the place is fully reserved.

• Visited June 2013