I was searching for a good hostel with dorm type rooms since I'm only traveling solo and finding a cheap but cozy place is a must for me. I saw their website and it's the cheapest I found and location wise.
One thing I love in this place was their bathroom, very neat and the water pressure is good. Free wifi as well and the signal was strong especially when youat their lobby. Feel free to use their computers for free if you do not have laptop.
If I only had picture I'll submit it here as well and show how cozy this hostel is, but since I stayed in mixed-dorm type, it's kind of awkward to take photos while everyone is inside. I was with group of Indonesians who went there just to attend a Cosplay convention.
They have friendly staffs. They are young around 19 to 22 years old and speaks English very well. They even help me to on how to get to some places like Singapore Zoo. Free breakfast is being served as well. They had me try the Kaya toast which is awesome!!
I will definitely stay here again sometime when I get back to Singapore on a solo trip again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Before we tell you more about us, you have to read this: _________________________________________________ FREE WIFI - Connections are strong and stable in all corners of The Hive all the time FREE BREAKFAST - Unlimited Toast, jam spread, milk and cereals FREE LUGGAGE STORAGE - Safe keep your backpacks with us after check-out FREE COFFEE & TEA WHOLE DAY - a way to say "Thank you" to our guests FREE LAUNDRY SERVICES - no charge to use our washing machines & dryer between 1900 to 0700 hrs FREE MAP - helping you to get around easier FREE OVERSEAS CALL - always helping you to feel at home LESS than five minutes walk to nearest MRT station NO CURFEW - armed with our hostel access card, you can enter our hostel anytime COMPETITIVE RATES - beating off many competitions FAMILY / GROUP FRIENDLY - with so many dorm configurations, you'll find something just for you TV ROOM WITH CABLE TV - if you like to stay in, you can enjoy HBO movies, basketball, football, Formula One, Tennis and more XBOX KINECT & BOARD GAMES - more to do if you want to stay away from the scorching sun SPACIOUS LOUNGE - what many hostels are unable to provide, we have a huge lounge just for everything BRANDED MATTRESS - providing you a good quality and comfortable sleep after a long day CLEAN LINENS - cleanliness will bring you back to us again ......and lots more for you to experience when you stay at The Hive. Established since December 2004, The Hive is one of the pioneer hostels in Singapore. We enjoyed a long history of providing our guests with affordable accommodation and excellent service. With such a rich history behind us, there is only one characteristic about us: CHANGE. The Hive is always improving to provide better for our guests and their feedbacks are our best testimonials. Located in the centre of Singapore, we are every reason a traveller should stay with us. Boon Keng MRT Station, which is just less than five minutes away from our hostel, has a direct train to most tourist attractions. We have a more welcoming atmosphere, a big communal lounge great for interaction, cable channels offering The Premier League, Champions League, F1, tennis - something the hotels are lacking. Surely the next best alternative to hotels??? The Hive is also the place for a family/group stay-over. Groupacking...why travel in pairs when it's much more fun in groups? Start packing for your next Groupacking trip! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Hive Singapore Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hive Backpackers Hotel Singapore
- The Hive Singapore Hostel