Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I think I will give it a 4 star. :)

We stayed in hotel 81 tristar one onan rd for 5 days starting september 5 to 9. On our first day, I was truly disappointed by how they accommodated us. We were there at around 1pm and we asked if we could check in early. The gay guy told us we could not until 2pm. (he was not very approachable) So we asked if we could leave our bags, and he just told us OK but did not really help us doing it (we had several luggage with us and we were hoping once we got to the hotel atleast someone would help us with our things as we were all very tired by then). He did not even tell us where to put our belongings. So we just placed them near the lounge where some luggage of other tourists are already placed. Even when it was time for us to check in (and if I didnt even bother asking him, he would not assist us) He is still not in an accommodating mode when It is his Job to be so. When we got into the room (without any assistance considering we each have our small luggage, personal bag, and one big luggage with us, and a child), I must say I liked what I saw. It was really huge and looked squeaky clean! The room on 208 has nice interiors, and we could all make a cartwheel. It has an odd smell though. Not really bad, just odd. Then we went to our room in 409. I think it looks bigger. It looks clean too but when I got a closer look, the room isnt thoroughly cleaned. There were empty bottles of yakult on one of the drawers and a few trashes. On our first and second night, the staff on duty were more accommodating, very accommodating in fact, and really nice and polite too. Very different from the first one. They also have a really cool swimming pool, on the side there are tables and chairs and lounges where one, or a big group can hang out. We did not, unfortunately, had the time to do so. Big thanks also to Ms. Surani for being helpful upon our check out. :) She is also the one that made me think, maybe Id come back to hotel 81 tristar. :)

All in all, I did enjoy my stay. Rooms are big, beds are 9/10 clean ( one bed has a stain coz of dripping water (for fire) ), smell of the room 8/10, staff 9/10.

And yeah, there are food stalls just outside the hotel, a convenience store and a 10minute walk to paya lebar mrt station.

nikki xx

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank beachbumkid
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Decent location near MRT staition. Plenty of 'local' food courts.

Pool is great and a quite sun trap.

The rooms are a great size. nicely layed out but a bit grubby for the price. I.e our windows had been screwed shut. The shavings from where they drilled the frame were still on the window sill. So they do not pay much attention to detail.

No food available or breakfast so I struggle to see where the Hotel part comes into it.

ATM on the door step that was really usefull.

Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank treblker
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Room is of good size but filled with "surprises". There were plenty of tiny ants in the room, possibly because it is such an old building. The control panel of the air conditioner was badly damaged and barely functional. Stopper in the tub was missing ... just to name a few.

Lucky, staffs were great and efficient. On one day, we reported about our dripping air conditioner in the morning and it was fix by the time we are back in the evening. I do enjoy the location not only because it is close to MRT station, but because there are some housing estate nearby, giving you the opportunity to feel the life of genuine local people.

WiFi is free but only available in the lobby. Swimming pool is small in size but since only a handful of guests ever use it, there is not much of a problem. Because there are no restaurant in the hotel, you have to go out for meals. Although there are plenty of food stalls and small diners in the nearby streets, hot weather simply kills all the mood in exploring side streets for local cuisine.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2012

hotel was good...near to eating places. Great for big family as we are staying in the family room. very specious....with small swimming pool.

Texi was a bit of problem. The room floor need to be clean or polish at least cos it was so dusty.

will be staying there in future near to the airport, Mrt and food centre.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank haslina h
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We arrived from the airport at 7.30am and straight away, we were given a key to our room, which we were very grateful for after a long flight. The staff were excellent and gave us clear directions to the MRT (underground) This was a real cost saver as only spent $SD5 each for .2 edays.

Food places around the hotel were clean and cheap. Mr Teh had some great little food places and the drinks stall (no alcohol) was so clean it sparkled.

We had a late flight but were welcomed to stay in the pool area and given towels and a key to the facilities. Such helpful staff! DO NOT DIVE into pool. Only 1 metre deep, but huge.
Will stay again as good value for Singapore.

Room tip: Ask for one down Onan road. I woud imagine that the poolside rooms could get noisy.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple