I believe the Service World Backpackers has two properties. We were sent to the smaller hostel. This place was not only smaller in the amount of guests they can accomodate, but small all around. It felt like it was once one unit in a retail & housing block in Chinatown, but has been modified to squeeze as many beds in as possible. We couldn't walk to our room (through the main dorm) with our rucksacks on our backs - it's that much of a squeeze.
The hostel is hidden in a random block so isn't too easy to find, especially as not all lifts go to the floor.... However Chinatown is a good place to be based for exploring Singapore, it's close to the MRT and some good eateries too.
The facilities in the hostel are also miniature. The bathroom are pods that have been squished into the kitchen, there are only two.
The member of staff was really friendly and tried to communicate with us the best he could. We were allowed to check in at 10am which was really helpful.
I would only stay here again if I couldn't find anywhere else, as it is too small when busy. However it is kept really clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Century Service World, located in a great area of Chinatown, is a cool fun-loving backpacker's haven in the heart of the city. We are just a stone's throw away from the Chinatown market and Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum. The Chinatown MRT Station is just a minute walking distance straight down the road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Century Service World Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Service World Backpackers Hotel Chinatown
- Century Service World Hostel Singapore