My mom and I stayed here for 8 nights in a studio apartment on the 8th floor. First impression wasn't too good because we arrived on an early flight from Copenhagen around 8am. We were told by the lady receptionist that if we wish to check-in early, we'd to pay an extra half-day charge of S$150. Being tired and badly in need of a shower, we reluctantly agreed. I could not see why they couldn't allow us to check-in early free since the apartment was ready. There is no porter so we had to carry our luggage upstairs on our own. In any case I had assumed the extra charge would be payable at the end of my trip. I was wrong as two days later, the same lady receptionist called to ask for immediate payment. Why can't it wait until we check-out? About check-out, we had a midnight flight, so we asked for an extension to 4 or 6pm. Again, the subject of an extra charge was brought up, to which we declined as it's absurd to be paying twice. However a very helpful receptionist Mr Izzat offered us an apartment on the 6th floor in which we could use the bathroom and shower after checking-out at 2pm. That was appreciated as we had a long flight home and in Singapore's climate, it would be best to freshen up prior to departure.
The apartment is clean and adequate. Housekeeping ensured daily making-up of beds and change of towels. Not too forward about the toilet rolls though - had to request for a refill on more than one occasion. Front office's Mr Izzat was courteous and service-minded. He lent a helping hand with the luggage when we checked-out.
Overall I would stay there again because if its proximity to many eateries, supermarket, public transport etc. Within walking distance to Orchard Rd and the nearest MRT station meant we saved a bit on taxis as well. I would certainly recommend Citadines Mt Sophia to my friends, only if they are not arriving on an early flight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish, modern and compatible with the fashionable lifestyle of the international traveller, Citadines Mount Sophia is ideal for those who want to have a unique blend of prime serviced residence. The apartments are designed with space to work and live comfortably while being close to the excitement of the city. Enjoy the proximity of shopping and business on Orchard Road, the central business district, the Singapore MRT train stations like Dhoby Ghaut and Little India are both close at hand for travel throughout the country. At Citadines Mount Sophia you can choose the apartment that suits your needs along with the services that suit your lifestyle and budget. Customize your stay and enjoy Singapore like never before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Citadines Mount Sophia Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Hotel Singapore
- Citadines Mount Sophia Singapore