Citadines Mount Sophia Singapore
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstudio apartmentlittle indiaselegie roadsofa cum bedclean apartmentslovely apartmentalternate dayskitchen utensilsdhoby ghautevery other daypublic holidaydining tableplaza singapurabusiness triplaundry roomhome away from homeupon checking out
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed here for 1 month whilst on business in Singapore. All in all I thought the place was good.

I had a 1 bedroom apartment which was in good condition and had everything I needed for my stay. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful so no real issues there.

The rooms were spotless and they provide a breakfast each weekday which is just about right.

There are plenty of restaurants nearby serving decent food. The Singapura Plaza shopping mall is about 10 minutes walk away which has plenty of shops and restaurants.

The biggest let down about this place is the lack of swimming pool, but i knew that before I arrived.

All in all would stay again for a long stay - but would probably go with a hotel for shorter stays,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

For an apartment it was relatively cheap but it does not have a swimming pool although we knew that going in. There is a public pool about a 10-15 minute walk up the road. We stayed here as we had just relocated to Singapore and needed an apartment that was child friendly and there was not a lot to choose from.
The service was very good and they were accomodating with my payment arrangements. The vinyl couch had a few small cuts which turned into tears after our 18 month old boy had used it for 4 weeks but we were not charged for any additional damage. Utilities cost an extra $150 a month minimum (a normal additional cost for an apartment in Singapore) but after having the air-con on most of the month we didn't exceed the minimum cost.
The main pain was the in house laundromat. If you can handle a wash once a week you will have enough complimentary tokens - just don't go on a Sunday afternoon / evening as there are not enough machines to go around.
Breakfast in the morning was decent enough.
I wouldn't stay here on a normal holiday, but if you need an apartment for a month then I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My mom and I stayed here for 8 nights in a studio apartment on the 8th floor. First impression wasn't too good because we arrived on an early flight from Copenhagen around 8am. We were told by the lady receptionist that if we wish to check-in early, we'd to pay an extra half-day charge of S$150. Being tired and badly in need of a shower, we reluctantly agreed. I could not see why they couldn't allow us to check-in early free since the apartment was ready. There is no porter so we had to carry our luggage upstairs on our own. In any case I had assumed the extra charge would be payable at the end of my trip. I was wrong as two days later, the same lady receptionist called to ask for immediate payment. Why can't it wait until we check-out? About check-out, we had a midnight flight, so we asked for an extension to 4 or 6pm. Again, the subject of an extra charge was brought up, to which we declined as it's absurd to be paying twice. However a very helpful receptionist Mr Izzat offered us an apartment on the 6th floor in which we could use the bathroom and shower after checking-out at 2pm. That was appreciated as we had a long flight home and in Singapore's climate, it would be best to freshen up prior to departure.
The apartment is clean and adequate. Housekeeping ensured daily making-up of beds and change of towels. Not too forward about the toilet rolls though - had to request for a refill on more than one occasion. Front office's Mr Izzat was courteous and service-minded. He lent a helping hand with the luggage when we checked-out.
Overall I would stay there again because if its proximity to many eateries, supermarket, public transport etc. Within walking distance to Orchard Rd and the nearest MRT station meant we saved a bit on taxis as well. I would certainly recommend Citadines Mt Sophia to my friends, only if they are not arriving on an early flight.

Room Tip: Apartments on a higher floor for a better city view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Huringen
Reviewed 21 October 2013

stays for 4 night in a 2bedroom unit. location was ok. will need 300-400m walk to two MRT station nearby. got few 24hours cafe and restaurant in this area. its easy to find food and also hangout area.
room condition are in perfect condition. standard breakfast are served on 2nd floor (bread,egg and fruit etc).
gym, laundry machine and dryer are available at 2nd floor. sgd4 /cycle ,
with all the building around are lower then 7-8 floor. the view was great because i stayed at 10th floor.

please take note, there is one thing that bothers me, its the concierge guy or we used to say bell boy? from the first nite until the last day of stay, never once did i saw their smile. contrary i feel the fierce atmosphere from them.and i would avoid them whenever i came in to the lobby and it ended up on my day of check out. till i reach the airport. i found out that one of my luggage was left in the lobby , because the concierge did not send it to the taxi.

luckily there is this kind front desk lady (dont remember her name, but she is pregnant currently) is willing to send that luggage to the airport herself by taking a taxi. and even dont let me pay for the taxi cost. would like to thanks her again in this review.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor with better view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
WML_CMSS, Manager at Citadines Mount Sophia Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Mr. Huang,

Thank you for having selected Citadines Mount Sophia as your choice of accommodation during your visit to Singapore.

We sincerely apologise for the unacceptable behavior that you have experienced from our Guest Services Team. We have addressed this issue and counseled the Team to avoid recurrence of a similar situation in the future.

On a lighter note, we would like to thank you for acknowledging our Guest Service Agent Delphin for her personally delivering your luggage at the airport – we will surely share your appreciation with her.

Mr. Hunag, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Winston

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I travelled with my family (wife and 2.5 year old kid) for the F1 race from 21st to 28th Sept 13. Being a busy season, all other hotels were booked and we settled for Citadines through booking.com website. In hindsight, it was the best decision we took. The staff was courteous enough to offer us an early check-in after looking at our tired faces; mind you it was the F1 weekend the property was running almost at full occupancy. We were also upgraded to 1 BHK apartment which made our stay even more comfortable and memorable. Our other request for baby cot was acknowledged. I and my family can’t thank the staff and hotel operator enough for a memorable and comfortable stay. I look forward to repaying the courtesy by staying in other Citadines properties worldwide.
Travel Costs – The property is located within 10 mins walk from Orchard road and Dhoby Ghaut MRTS. Airport is 20 mins drive away (under SGD 20), Singapore flyer 15 min drive (under SGD 10), City Hall under 15 mins (approx. SGD 8), Sentosa - Vevo City Mall around 20 mins (under SGD 15) – please note all are taxi fares for off-peak time.
Food options around the hotel – Starbucks, McDonalds, KFC in close proximity; personal favorite was the Ramen joint located opposite the hotel, Little India is 15 mins walk (SGD 5 by taxi) if anyone wants to try Indian food, convenience stores such as 7-eleven and Fairprice express located in building opposite the hotel (in case you want to cook in the room). There is also a food court (known as Dynasty) opposite the hotel, personally did not find it too exiting.
Shopping – On Orchard road you’ll find a good mix of high and mid-end malls; personal favorite was Takashimaya Department Store on Orchard road, do not miss their food court and shops on the same level.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
WML_CMSS, Manager at Citadines Mount Sophia Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Mr. Patil,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at Citadines Mount Sophia. We will be sure to share this feedback with the rest of the team.

Once again, we thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,