All reviewslittle india mrt stationno liftbugis streetfree wifiair conditionerbackpackersmustafa
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Don't stay here if you expect a large room, quiet nights and 5 star service. For the price (lets face it, Singapore accom is expensive) you get a clean room with very basic facilities, air con, a firm bed and great security.
I stayed here with my boyfriend for 2 nights. We booked a private room with shared bath and we were located on the third floor. Now, the rooms are small.. my boyfriend is just over 6foot tall, and the room width was just under (we measured it lol). It had a firm bed with sheets, a bench, mini fridge and a safe. For both of our luggages, it was cramped but we didn't care, since we were not spending our days hanging out in the room.
The shared bathroom was a bit dated; I'm not sure if it felt unclean or it actually was unclean, but the water had good pressure and was hot. The bathroom tends to steam up too. Also, it wasn't a dedicated male or female bathroom, it was shared... I think this is important for some people.
The roof top courtyard was really nice and tranquil - we enjoyed a few beers up here.
The staff were nice enough - to be honest we didn't really have much to do with them during our stay.
MRT is only a few minutes walk away a long with Bugis Market and a few really good hawker centers. Maybe something to note - the taxi driver from the airport wasn't familiar with this place so make sure you have a map and can show them (roads around the area are 1 way and in peak traffic you can be sitting in the car for a while)
So all together this place is very basic and suited us fine as we didnt want to spend too much money on our accomodation.
I've stayed in a few 5 star hotels in Singapore and if you want to have leg room and your own bathroom you have to be willing to spend at least quadruple the cost.
We probably won't stay here again (mainly because my boyfriend is tall!) but I'd recommend this place to anyone look for a place to no frills place to snooze...

Room Tip: Rooms on third floor are decent
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank camak
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We travelled to G4 station in Feb 2011 as it was one of the cheapest places we could find to stay in singapore with decent reviews. It was the first time we've stayed in a hostel and were pleasently surprised. We shared the toilet, showers and sinks but never saw another person in there so it was almost like having your own bathroom. There was only 3 rooms on our floor anyway so we didn't have to share it with many people.

The room was quite small but we weren't there to sit in the room. It was just a base to sleep in. The only thing I would say was a negative and kind of made me feel a bit weird was that the first night there were ants crawling over our bed. I don't know where they were coming from but it wasn't very nice and made me weary for the rest of the stay. I had to check the bed every night but they didn't seem to come back after I stripped the bed and aired it out.

Good location. Free Wifi. Breakfast wasn't a great variety but it set us up for the day. Free films and games room. Friendly and helpful staff. Right over the road from the subway station. Tip - the take out shop next door does a really nice chicken and rice dish for about £1 each, bargain!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

me and 7 of my friends had a great time in G4 station. we stayed in a 8 mixed dorm and it was really clean and comfortable. The breakfast was okay which includes breads, tea and coffee. Washroom is clean!!! but there r only 4 in total for the floor I stayed so we have to wait for our turns. All in all, it is good enough for the price we paid.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chitano
Reviewed 18 June 2012

this is my second time staying here at G4 i dont know how true is tooray and joleema....
the room is so clean and and the entire hostel is very clean,,,ofcourse this is a hostel that is very very cheap so you have to share the clean bathroom which i like it and the toilet...they are so friendly and feel you like there family...dont expect too much like a five star hotel i think they are giving all there best,to serve all the costumer...the place is so convinient food,station,the senshong that's the very cheap supermarket in little india town mustafa is nearby you can also walk until bugis area...perfect for shopping .....
and a Hi speed Wi Fi....

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2012

When I come to Singapore mostly I stay in this place bcoz easy to find and only a few minutes walk from Little India MRT.
From the hostel I can walk to Sim Lim Square to look for an electronic, to OG dept store,and I can eat famous Katong Laksa or Wanton Noodle in front of OG Bencoolen, also I can walk to Bugis Street the place I can buy items 3 for 10 (cheap price).
Room is clean, breakfast is included (bread, tea, coffee) bonus one apple after finish my breakfast, free internet 24 hour, but I have to bring myn own towel instead to rent from the hostel.
Staff mostly helpful and friendly.
My advise, put a wall clock in every room, and much better if a guest (women) stay in lower level, so we dont have to carry all my bag/belongings to 3rd floor.
Overall, I like to stay here, especially for individual travellers (woman), safe and convenient.
- rtm, indonesia -