“A Clean Backpacker Hotel”
Review of G4 Station

G4 Station
Ranked #175 of 230 Speciality Lodging in Singapore
Surabaya
“A Clean Backpacker Hotel”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Before I arrived to this hotel, I was imagine a small terrible dirty rooms ... not mention its location in the middle of Little India.

But, I was amazed that the hotel was clean, cozy, and located around many public facilities such as food courts, Little India MRT's stations, 7-Eleven Minimart, and Indian's theatre.

The hotel was full facilited with outdoor toilets and bathrooms, self laundry, and free PC connected with internet ... it was also wifi free in all the area ...

A simple self service breakfast with bread and eggs make it a suitable affordable place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Weymouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is the second hostel we stayed with my friends. And so far, this is the best deal and find we got with the rest of the backpackers hostel we've tried.

Very friendly frontdesk/reception (he is actually CUTE). Accommodating at all times. They observed cleanliness too which is a big deal for me! Thumbs up!

We checked-out early and we were able to leave our belongings in their storage room. Amazing! They even offered us to stay in their entertainment room while waiting for our flight back home (killing time).

Desktop computers are also available if you wish to go online. Of course, they do have WIFI too!

I will be back again to stay here when I visit Singapore for shopping! Nice place to stay!

Room Tip: If you are four in a group, they have big rooms for you.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Xerendipity
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Considering how expensive sing city is getting, G4 is one of the best places to stay for backpackers. Clean rooms (which may need to be shared with others), individual lockers for your stuff, internet connectivity and proximity to MRT are the best features of this place. There re decent eating options around the hostel as well.

Great option for those who are looking to travel the city and need nothing more than a clean bed to crash on at the end of the day.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Sao Bernardo Do Campo, SP
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed there for only 1 night, but It was good, The size of the room is not good but enough for 1 night. Close to subway station and friendly team. Price was good compared to the SIngapore standards.
I recommend for people whos got low budget.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Well, I can say if you on a budget on staying - g4 station is a place to stay. Very accomodating personel, clean room, clean shower room and toilets, strong wifi connection, near to places for eating a few shopping malls and close to a bus stop and mrt. Also free simple breakfast(breads, jams, eggs, hotdogs, coffee, etc)

The rooms are small but the bed and pillows are Okay, its just if your Okay with that and not artistic or "maarte" then this hostel place is good for you.

Jambi Province, Indonesia
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I was with a group of friends. What impressed me is the friendliness and helpful staff. They make you feel at home. Clean environment and staff are always around to assist you whenever help is needed. Kudos to Htaik snd staff for the professional handling of guest. Its near to MRT and Little India. Surrounded by good restaurants, one can never go hungry.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Antipolo City, Philippines
Reviewed 2 January 2014

When I went online to check for good lodging in Singapore, the G4 Station hostel came up in a number of travel blogs. I checked out their reviews and I was quite impressed by their comments about the hostel. As a Singapore newbie, I didn't know where to stay in - all I knew was that lodging/hotels were quite pricey, so I gave the G4 Station hostel a shot.

I went to their site and immediately booked for two - my friend and I decided we'd room together since it would be a lot cheaper. When we got to the hostel, the staff were very accommodating and immediately gave us everything that we needed - a key pass, two sets of room & locker keys, and adapters for all our chargers.

The room we stayed in was quite small. We had a double deck bed and both beds were very clean - the sheets looked, felt, and smelled CLEAN! Their air-conditioning unit was also clean, I could tell because otherwise, my allergic rhinitis would kick in. The lockers were big enough to actually fit my entire luggage with spare room for some of my hand carry items. So despite the room being very small, we really didn't mind because everything else was great!

They have small pantry areas per level, which reminds me.. Each floor is accessible only if you have the access pass with you. CCTVs are all over the place, too. They have wash areas (washer & dryer), and the bathrooms were WELL-KEPT and clean. :) Perhaps the only "downside" would be the free breakfast they serve - if you're a rice person, you would be a little disappointed because they do not serve rice. However, it IS a backpackers' hostel, so we didn't mind. :)

Overall, I would totally go back to this hostel and book my stay here! My friend and I enjoyed our stay here and the value for money was great! :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends