“Easy stay for simple traveler like me”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Singapore
Prince of Wales Backpacker - Boat Quay
Ranked #114 of 240 Speciality Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed 12 May 2013

The booking was easy and the location so close to many interesting location.
We just walking around to get good food, scene and 24 hour deli.
The room is clean and has locker that you can use as long as you bring your own padlock.
The bathroom is OK, I was stay in female dorm and all my need were fulfilled!
The staff during breakfast was friendly. And for me who do not really enjoy night life, It's OK.
I met some new friends there....even though their sleeping time and mine different :)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 May 2013

I stayed in the Little India location for four nights in one of their private rooms, and I wasn't impressed. The room was ok, but the vibe in this hostel was just non-existent. It sounded so good from the web site, too... a hostel with a bar downstairs & live bands? The bands were varying in talent from ok to awful, and a lot of the people from the hostel just sat at the bar all day. Sad, when you've got a new country to explore.

I didn't make any friends with the other people in the hostel like I normally do, and the staff made my friend feel uncomfortable. Not sure why, I got along with them well, but she thought they were very cold. No common kitchen to store drinks/food either as they'd rather you buy stuff form them, I assume. Decent location, but I would have rather been more central. Oh well.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Malcolm D, Manager at Prince of Wales Backpacker - Boat Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Hi there.

Thank you for your review about the Prince of Wales, Little India. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The Prince of Wales is known for having up-beat atmosphere, friendly staff and great customers. It may be possible that you came during a quieter time, which may explain your experience with us. We do hope that if you are ever in Singapore again you will consider our second outlet in Boat Quay. This is a lot more central, which may be better suited for you.

Enjoy the rest of your travels!

Jo

Reviewed 10 May 2013

I stayed here last weekend and really enjoyed my time. The private dorm is simple, with comfortable beds, a private locker and a fan each. Unbeatable in terms of price, especially given its location. There is a cool bar downstairs with an amazing atmosphere. It's frequented by all types of people - however, they all seem have one thing in common, namely really friendly and openminded. Staff are absolutely amazing as well (if you're the right type of person, they will happily party the night away with you) and deal with any problems immediately.

Very tempted to come back soon. Thanks everyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank AdamCSKL
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

Good place with an ideal location near from Clarke quay. Be careful they are two prince of wales the other one in Little india. I think that the location on boat quay is better. Nice atmosphere with good and helpful staff. Maybe some improve could be made: 1- floor are not very clean especially in the bathroom. 2- I had a private room all was good BUT the two desk and the mirror was very very dirty, I clean by myself it was so disgusting... 3- breakfast are too late please make an effort for 8 or 8:30... 4- the internet was always down during our stay. They fixed it after 3 nights...
This place could be the perfect place but really need to improve some element to be perfect. Generally, it could be more clean. But I can recommend this hotel because it's not expensive, had  anti bed bug bed, good location, good staff, not too noisy during night (even they are a bar downstair) ,breakfast included and finally this hostel provided you some extra like hairdryer, tv and xbox and a wonderful view during breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I payed $60 to stay here for a private room. When I arrived the room was the smallest room I've ever seen and there was a shared bathroom. Staff were very helpful and the pub is good. Atmosphere very good but a few services that should be free we're charged such as "swapping books" $2 and "holding luggage after checkout" $3. Everything had a charge. I feel it was too much to pay for the room. Wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Rubisolo
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I stay here for 2 days,first time always shock when you never sleep in dorm, cause you have to share everything, but i enjoy the way :) , the people there really nice, the staff helpful, free internet, free breakfast and free beer for the first you walk in , so cheap price for dorm in Singapore ! bar downstairs and life music, sometimes you no need to look another bar.

Room Tip: Private one is nice ;)
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stayed here for 4days 3nights in a private room, the room was ok, a little bit small but still nice. The 2 private rooms had their own bathroom and toilet which was nice, also there was a separate lockable door from the mixed dorms which was good. The staff were friendly and always said hello etc. The location was really good with only a 10minute walk from the nearest tube station. The only problem was the amount of noise coming from the locals, the pub music stopped at 1am which was not too bad but then the local noise from the locals was extremely loud, cars and motorbikes using their horn all night, music from surrounding pubs etc was very loud. Apart from that we had a really nice stay there!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Malcolm D, Manager at Prince of Wales Backpacker - Boat Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Thanks for your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do apologize for the noise. We are located in a busy area and therefore, at times noise from the streets may prove to be a problem. We do hope this won't stop you from visiting us again.

Regards,