Hotel Royal Singapore
US$308
US$224
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$191
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$527
US$367
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$168
  • Restaurant
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
US$493
US$326
  • Pool
Marina Mandarin Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$191
Official Site
US$125
US$98
US$168
US$145
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsunited squarebus stop rightmain buildingshopping centrebig roomconvenient locationnewtonvelocityfitaxis
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed there for only a night for my biz trip. The hotel is virtually old hotel but clean. It is far to Orchard Road but it is good if you like to exercise by walking to it. Breakfast is so so...room is very big but old design and you can smell old stuffs once you get in to the room. Taxi is not easy to get although the concierge has already put a signal for taxi to come. What I can conclude this is a so so hotel for everything but at least it is a safe hotel.....

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Royal Singapore for 4 nights with my mother and we were extremely disappointed with our stay. Our room on the 13th floor was very run down - it had a horrible musty smell, the carpet was frayed, the towels and bath maths were torn, the bedsheets looked dirty, and the two chairs in the room were SO dirty, we didn't even want to sit on them!! Housekeeping was the worst - they couldn't even make the beds properly! We had to complain that they hadn't even swept the bathroom floor, and even after complaining they didn't do it! We also asked them to change the chairs in our room so that we could have a place to sit apart from the bed (!!) and they didn't do that either. Breakfast was extremely average - the breakfast area is very small and with so many guests, it takes forever to get your food! Most of the food was cold and there were ants in the danish pastries!! The *only* good thing about this hotel is it's location - it's about a 7-10 minute walk to the Novena MRT and there is a bus stop right outside the hotel, and it's also close by to some malls. I would never ever recommend this hotel to anyone, - my mom and I were depressed to come back to the hotel every evening! We paid WAY too much for such a run down place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank travelguyandgirl26
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We booked 5 rooms for 10 company guests from Indonesia in this hotel. When we went there to accompany them for check-in, we had to wait for 2 hours before our guests were able to get their rooms. From their feedback, our guests had a disappointing stay in this hotel. Breakfast for 2 days always delayed and they feel they had to fight for the food everytime! Rooms are very small and dirty. We had expected them to be a bit large and clean based on the pictures in the internet. Service is quite lousy! We are quite embarrassed as we had believed that this hotel can make our guests' stay in Singapore relaxing and comfortable.

We will never use this hotel again for our visitors coming in from overseas!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank AdminGirl S
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Stayed at the hotel for three nights during the Singapore GP 2011. Very convenient location, walking distance to Newton MRT and and there is a bus stop right in front of the hotel.
Room was spacious and the bed was comfy..the neighbors in the other room were a bit noisy and could hear them from my room...which is a slight negative.
Staff were friendly and attentive...offered me a 1.30hour late checkout without any fuss. Breakfast is ok, but not much variety when it comes to dessert. The swimming pool.

Overall i would say its a nice place to stay, provided you are not looking for luxury but good accommodation.

Room Tip: Well its a city hotel so guess higher you are, less noisier it is...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Aneesha I
Reviewed 24 February 2012

*This is based on a first visit to Singapore.
*If you've had a long flight, relax and grab a taxi from the airport, (S$26).
*I arrived at the hotel at 9 a.m. and, as anticipated, my room was not ready (3 p.m. check-in). Friendly and helpful staff advised me it would be ready for 12. I returned after an enjoyable breakfast and walk in the surrounding area at 11 a.m. My room was ready!!!
*Baggage can be left securely at reception with attentive staff.
*I found all relevant staff friendly, efficient and helpful.
*In-house Trishaw Coffee house great for breakfast. Let the staff know if you are self-serve or table service. I had table service because I wanted to try the Nasi Goreng (a rice dish).The meal and 2 coffees cost less than S$20.
*My room, 823, is accessible by an efficient 3 lifts system. The room was certainly spacious and comfortable. If you like exercise, jog around the bed a few times!!! Furniture and fittings are suitable, with a few "tatty edges" which in some ways can add to the experience rather than detract.
*Importantly, the room was clean.
*I don't watch TV on holiday, but there is a large screen TV in the room.
*Bathroom is clean and suitable. The shower 'blasts' so is very invigourating.
*AirCon is comfortable unless you prefer the "arctic blasts" sometimes provided in Florida hotels.
*There is a safe, minifridge, hairdrier and spacious wardrobe but little drawer space and no iron.
*Big bonus for Brits - same electrical provision as home - no adapters needed. For other travellers, take a British adapter.
*Tipping isn't a big deal, yet, but is becoming more evident and is appreciated rather than expected.
*For a first night experience, and if you like walking, Stroll down Newton Road and Scotts Road soaking up the atmosphere until you hit Orchard Road. Be prepared to be hit by an eclectic mix of Upmarket right through to the other extreme. I did this at 8p.m. on a Tuesday, so it is safe walking at night and people were very friendly in the hustle and bustle of Orchard Street. At night it reminded me of a cross between London's Oxford St./ Piccadilly and Times Square. I ate at a Chinese pavement eatery on Bras Basah Road and strolled back to DHOBY GHOUT SRT station at 10,30 p.m. where easy and efficient underground travel took me from D.G. (which is NS24 on the red north/south line) north towards JURONG EAST and 3 stops to NEWTON (NS21). Cost S$2. 10. A 5 minute stroll and you're back at the hotel.
*Singapore is dominantly English speaking with a great mix of Western and Asian cultures.
*Exchange a S$10 note for some loose change at reception on arrival, certainly if you intend to use any public transport. Always try to keep some loose change at all times.
*Singapore has a great public transport system with a bus stop immediately outside the hotel and the underground station only a 5 minute walk away.
*People pride themselves on personal and environmental cleanliness.
*Go to Marina Bay before dusk and stroll around the footpath (3.5 km) as dusk turns to darkness. There is a lights/lasers/music/water feature display from Marina Bay Sand which has a great view from the Fullerton side. Your camera finger will be burning!!
*If you intend to take the cable car to Sentosa ( I would recommend it), it is S$26 return from Tower 1 outside HARBOUR FRONT (SRT) exit. Finding the Ticket Office can be confusing so head for Tower 1, turn left and go clockwise around the building until you reach the Ticket Office.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo