“Excellent budget hotel”

and 1 more site!
Haising Hotel
Ranked #226 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We've just had our third stay at Haising Hotel. Hotels are expensive in Singapore so getting a twin room with windows for our 4 y.o. and us for S$90 a night is good, but even better is the fact booking directly with the hotel online is a breeze, the rooms are clean, the bathroom is one of the best I've had in a hotel anywhere, beds are comfortable, linen smells fresh and is changed every day as are towels, and the staff are very helpful.
I joked to a friend, when recommending Haising Hotel, that the rooms are the same as many in Singapore - shoe-boxes painted to look like hotel rooms. They are small rooms but certainly adequate. There are no lifts so if you have large suitcases as we do I suggest you plan ahead and keep your daily needs in a bag you can easily carry up and down the stairs and stow your bigger bags in the ground floor baggage room.
We definitely recommend Haising Hotel. Check out their website and sen d an email to Ivy. Happy travels.
Will and Paula and Alexander

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank OzChina
There are newer reviews for Haising Hotel

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I found that this little hotel is not known to many but is worth the price you pay. They are cheap & clean. Linen changed everyday with a new towel etc. The front office staff r friendly. The reservations staff Ivy Tan is very helpful. The place is very safe & a stones throw from Sim Lim square. Plenty of Asian restaurants & cyber cafes. The rooms are tiny & no lift. Luggage to be stored behind the reception. I have visited this hotel between September 2008 to January 2011 on several occasions on short stays. Value for money on a budget hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Harsha P
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I was recommended this hotel by my friend, for a cheap accomodation. The prices while agreeable, but the rooms and bed are.... well budget to begin with. But at the very least, this budget hotel isn't situated in some shady neighbourhood and you're less likely to encounter prostitutes in another budget hotel chain.

On a plus side, this is close to a nice chicken rice ball stall

Room Tip: nothing matters really.... if you don't like staying inside a cell, ask the proprietor to provid...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ravi M
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Every time I go to Singapore, about 3 or 4 times each year, I stay here. Apart from the almost unheard of room rate of SGD55 (week days)/SGD65 (Friday to Sunday plus public holidays)for a single room/no window, the location is pretty perfect. OK, the new MRT is being built just in front of the hotel, but there is a pedestrian crossing in front of the hotel. I always take a room without window, not because I want to save a couple of dollars, but because the rooms are at the back of the hotel, and usually pretty quiet. Sometimes it's a little noisy from other guests, especially with children. The hallways and staircase do echo! Rooms are cleaned, and sheets and towels str changed daily, no need to ask. The little bathroom has good hot water, and is very clean, the air con works well, there is a flat screen TV, and wifi access in the rooms. For traditional breakfast there are a few options either side of the hotel, which for me is perfect as they start early in the morning. For more variety Bugis MRT, just 5-10 minutes by foot, has a large food court, but they open too late for me, around 10am. As the hotel is right on the edge of Little India there are plenty of Indian restaurants around, one, with a beer garden, is across the lane way at the back of the hotel. Sim Lim is only a couple of minutes walk away, but make sure you have an idea of the price for whatever you are interested in, before you go. And check that tax is included in the quoted price. Maybe I am not very good at bartering, but I don't find the prices for camera gear favourable, in comparisson retail prices in Australia tend to be the same, or even cheaper.
Before I forget it, this budget hotel has some of the friendliest reception staff I have come across. Thanks Ricky, you always make me laugh! If you contact Hai Sing hotel through their website

Room Tip: ask for a room as far to the back as possible.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank widder47
Reviewed 16 January 2013

its not a luxury hotel but it has a great location and it is clean. the showers are hot and that makes it excellent after a long day of walking - shop till you drop in sim lim square across the road or little india downstairs and behind. I slept well but the front rooms can be noisy

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peter K
Reviewed 9 January 2013

It's clean and for that price (around S$55 - 65 for single room), you never expect it would have at least 3 star facilities. You got your own towel (clean towel everyday if you request it), and they clean your room everyday with no extra charge just like a 4 or 3 star hotel, after heavy walking through out the day it's really nice to have an extra clean room, what I mean extra is, after heavy walk, exhausted and tired you will find your room spotless and ready to be sleep in.

The only drawback is you have to walk extra to find the MRT especially the Little India MRT (Little India, which is much less crowded then the Bugis MRT (also within walking distance, closer at least 5 - 8 minutes, while little india you will need 10 min walk). So after walking around all day, it's quite disconcerting to have to walk a long way to reach your hotel.

Room Tip: Choose level 3, they got wall with windows facing the neighborhood while level 2 is too stuffy
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 December 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I are backpacking around the world, we booked 6 nights here due to the low cost. If I had known what I do now, I wouldn't have bothered coming to Songapore for more than 1 or 2 days and stayed in a real hotel ( or even a hostel - I'm sure they'd be cleaner)!
I don't know where to start - basically, we've paid to be kept awake for 5 nights. You can hear everything from the paper-thin walls - when we stayed there was an obese man next to us who kept us awake by snoring and someone who was constantly being sick and making disgusting noises on the other side. There were also kids crying and TVs turned up loud. I could have slept better on the road! Then finally when I do fall asleep at 9am sharp every morning they blast classical music throughout the whole 'hotel' whilst the cleaners shout at each other from different floors. I am tired and miserable.
The bed sheets are absolutely disgusting - stained with urine, blood and probably other bodily fluids (looks and smells like they haven't been washed). I've used my own blanket that I got on the plane.
The first night we were greeted by red ants crawling all over the bed and pillows. Management sprayed them - leaving us to breathe in chemicals all night - I also got bitten all up my leg by bed bugs or ants.
They then moved us to a room without a window - it absolutely stank of mould.
I now feel ill from breathing in damp - also our clothes and shoes are wet from the rain and won't dry off.
This really isn't worth the money - I'm checking out a day early to go somewhere nice with a washing mahine and bath. I feel dirty and poorly.
If you haven't got the funds to stay somewhere nice in Singapore, I strongly suggest you don't bother coming!

• Stayed: December 2012