“A good hotel”

Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen
Ranked #62 of 308 Hotels in Singapore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I booked online and reached at 1pm there. Being a gold card member, I could have early check-in. They made me wait for 1.5 hrs saying room cleaning is going on. I wonder anyone cleans the room (such a small room!) for 1.5 hrs. And every 15mins I had to go to the reception and remind them that Iam still waiting. Then they start searching my details everytime and I got the same reply..."sorry sir, room is being cleaned. I will push the housekeeping"....never seen such hospitality (!!!!) in any Asian hotels...atleast not in any accor hotels this side. They gave me a smoking room with no matches/lighter. Poor selection of breakfast. Nothing like Singapore special there! Had to queue up for taxi everytime. Receptionist gave me totally a wrong direction to Mustafa centre. She must have been confused with "left" and "right".....anyway, this will be my last in Ibis, Bencoolen!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ramesh R
ibisBencoolen, Quality Services at Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear RameshR66,
I would like to apologies for failing to make you feel welcomed on your arrival and for the delay in your check-in process. I acknowledge that this is not the level of service that an establishment like ours should be providing, and assure you that this is not the standard we hold ourselves to.
Regarding your comment on the lighter in smoking room as well as poor selection of breakfast, rest assured that your experience has been highlighted to the team for further review.
In ibis, we take your valuable feedback on board to better improve on the concerned areas as we constantly aim to deliver a professional service to our guests.
Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

With all the Accor group of hotels I have stayed in Singapore, I believe that this hotel is the best for value, customer service and hospitality.
My check in was excellent, efficient and well taken care.
Rooms are neat, tidy and clean

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank sirputh
Dear sirputh,
I am glad that overall, you had an enjoyable stay and appreciated the hotel rooms, service standard and rate value.
It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am delighted that you have had a wonderful time with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay in the near future.
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This hotel is in the perfect location with plenty of taxi cabs always on deck, and a great breakfast buffet! The restaurant is also very good and reasonably priced. HARRY THE BARTENDER IS AWESOME!!!! The entire staff was very friendly, but Harry was so knowledgeable and helpful with planning our days!! Plus, the bar had daily deals that we looked forward to! Thanks to Ibis Hotel, we had a terrific time in Singapore!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Candice H
Dear Candice H,

It is delighted to hear that we are able to meet your expectation, in relation to dining experience, service standard and location.
We are appreciative of your kind compliments to our staffs, Harry for his hospitality and services; I am sure this will motivate him and the entire team greatly.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Having stayed at this hotel before I found it to be reasonable so I thought I would try it again.The second time was not so good.When we first got there we asked for a room on a higher floor of which we were told that we would have to wait about 30 minutes even thought it was past checkin time.Having just traveled 16 hrs on a flight this news was hard to take so I settled for the lower floor.When we got to our rooms the key did not work so after a long process we finally got into the room.After we unpacked we went down to get some ice.We asked the bar tender for some ice so he went away and come back and said what would you like.I said ICE.This happened four times until we finally got some ice.
We found that it was hard to sleep due to the hard beds and noisy corridor.On our last day we had organised for a late check out but when we got back we found that we had been locked out of our room and had to go down to reception to sort it out.
Clearly these problems do not add to a good holiday.
I think next time we will try the Mecure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Francis W
Dear Francis W,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen. I am sorry that your stay on this occasion did not meet your expectations, and the experiences you detailed are most regrettable.
I acknowledge that the problems you have encountered including the faulty key card and the services you received at our bar are unacceptable.
It is regretted that you had experienced noise from the corridor. Preventive measures are being taken to minimize such noise.
Pertaining to your comment on the hard mattress, we are pleased to inform you that our hotel has changed two floors to the ibis Sweet bed which the mattress is much more softer as to cater for guest who prefer softer bed, the room is available when booking is made under “Room with Extra Benefits”.

Rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are constantly training our staff and your feedback serves as a strong reminder that it is an ongoing process.
Thank you for your contribution towards our improvement and we hope you would give us an opportunity to welcome you back soon.
India
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We visited Singapore 05-09 May 2014 & had a chance to stay at the Ibis on Bencoolen Street. Let me start by saying that this is the best location for a Hotel in Singapore....You have 02 Stores on either side of the Hotel from where you can buy anything to drink & eat, a Pharmacy & a mall with restaurants (specially veg). The Bugis Street with hundreds of shops & Thai, Indonesian, Chinese & Japanese restaurants is not more than 2 minutes walk behind the Hotel. You can even exchange Indian Rupees for Singapore Dollars at the two Money Changers. The Hop-on Hop-off Bus Stop near the Rendezvous Hotel is not more than 5 mins walk from the Hotel. Now what more can you want !!!
The rooms are nice , clean & as per the general size of Ibis Hotels Worldwide. There are tea/coffee makers, safe & a mini fridge. Yes, a few more Indian TV Channels like Colours & Star TV could be added. The best part is that Tap Water, even from the bathroom is potable, so need buying bottled water.
We met the General Manager Mr Pierre a couple of times & found him to be very professional and a very pleasant personality just like his other staff.... Joe & Eileen. The Front Desk staff was very helpful & pleasant to talk to & very quick on Check-in & check-out. A special thanks to Edwin & Bala who were always ready with solutions & helped us fit our few bags in a Cab when we checked out.
Keep smiling guys !!! You are a good team & you have a great boss Pierre !! thanks for everything especially the complimentary Smart phone.
I would strongly recommend Ibis on Bencoolen Street to anyone visiting Singapore !!

Room Tip: The higher floors like 11th storey (as they are called in Singapore) are good for views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank sumant48
Dear sumant48,
It is wonderful to read that you had a great time here with us.
We are delighted to hear that we are able to meet your expectation, in relation to accommodation comfort, service standard and location.
Your comment on the TV channels has been noted and rest assured that your feedback has been looked into and addressed with the higher management.
It is also glad that you enjoyed the “3G Smartphone” in the room which gives you access to unlimited internet and unlimited local and international calls to selected countries.
We appreciate your kind comments to our General Manager, Mr. Pierre and recognition towards the team, Josephine, Eileen, Edwin and Bala. It is always a pleasure to be remembered for making our guest stays an exceptional one.
Thank you again for highly recommending the ibis Bencoolen and we sincerely welcome you and your family returns to our hotel when you are back in Singapore, to make this your warm address away from home.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The room was satisfactory for my overnight stay in Singapore. A bit on the pricey side (but many things are in Singapore). Location was great with access to all the things I needed during my stay. Room conditions were fine, although I would have preferred if the air conditioning was a bit cooler and the room not as snug.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank AussieTraveller1674
ibisBencoolen, Quality Services at Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear AussieTraveller1674,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the ibis Singapore on Bencoolen and I am glad you found the hotel well located.
We have also taken note on your comment on the air conditioning and we are committed to the comfort of every one of our guests by providing good customer service and ensuring that feedback is not only responded to but an effort is made to ensure that action is taken to prevent future occurrences.