Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen
Hotel 81 Rochor(Singapore)
Mayo Inn(Singapore)
  • Pool
6,769 results
All reviewslittle indiabugis junctionsim lim squarefree wifibugis arearooms are smallbus stopwalking distancecentral locationmrt stationshawker centrelocal foodfood courtshort stayclean hotellocation is greatlate check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed in Singapore in early June 2014. Room was a bit small but everything else was fantastic. For $168 per night, we got free wi-fi, a phone with 3GB of 3G to use for phoning Singapore and numbers in multiple other countries (for free) and free access to California gym. Room was clean and well serviced. Air-conditioning was excellent with thermostat control. Location is pretty good - about 5 mins walk to Bugis MRT and Bugis shopping centre. About 15-20 mins walk to Dhoby Ghaut. A few minutes walk to the local hawker food centre. Will definitely stay here again.

Reuben (manager - I think..) was very friendly and allowed us to check out at 8pm for our late flight back to Sydney. It was really appreciated and was nice to see such excellent and friendly service. Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor - it was quiet for us.
2  Thank MaurizioL1975
ibisBencoolen, Quality Services at Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for your excellent comments, MaurizioL. I am grateful and happy to learn that you had a great stay with us.
It is my pleasure to hear that the “3G Smartphone” which gives you access to unlimited internet and unlimited local and international calls to selected countries is a plus point to you.
I do hope that you enjoyed the gym session at the California Fitness Centre that includes a full access to all gym equipments and classes.
Last but not least, I will share your comment with our Duty Manager, Ruben for his hospitality and service, I’m sure that he must be very happy reading your comment.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you on your next visit.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had a 2-day, 1-night stopover in Singapore, as always when we come back from Europe to New Zealand. I think we have now found our ideal place to stay. It's a standard Ibis, but clean and in a great, central location. The reception staff, though, make the difference, as they are invariably nice and helpful. The only weak point is the breakfast, as the room is very busy and noisy, like a school canteen! The buffet is ok but nothing fancy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank max_1966

Dear max_1966,
I am glad to hear that ibis Bencoolen has now became your ideal place to stay in Singapore.
Thank you for your kind comments to our team, I am sure that this will motivate them greatly.
On behalf of the Team, it is our privilege to assist you, and I thank you for recognizing the team’s efforts on a public forum like this.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Hotel is in a very handy area of Singapore. Staff are friendly and willing to assist in any way.
My room and bathroom was spotlesly clean.
I stayed there for 3 nights and if I was to go to Singapore again I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
There was plenty of variety at breakfast, I don't think anyone can complain (and I'm a fussy eater!)
Overall, a very pleasant experience and highly recommend.

2  Thank Travelling_boy1969

Dear Travelling_boy1969,
It is wonderful to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed our convenient location, friendly service, clean room as well as the great selection of buffet breakfast, which consist of a mixture of western and local delicacies.
Thank you for highly recommending the ibis Bencoolen and I am delighted to know that you will be returning for another excellent stay!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed again for 3 nights at the Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen; this time twin sharing a room with a work colleague on the 16th floor. Compared with my previous 2010 stay at this hotel, I noted that there was an ironing board and iron in our room and the small fridge also worked well. Our booking included breakfast. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the airconditioning efficient (after a few hours), so both my colleague and myself slept well. The room included USB ports on the bedhead for charging, which helps when there are two people in the room. The shower included a single shampoo/shower gel dispenser, although one cake of soap was also provided each day.

The room was on the opposite (i.e. south east facing) side of the hotel to my previous stay and, being on the 16th floor, we had a good view from our room.

First, some great positives:
* As many reviewers have noted the location of this Ibis is fabulous. It is a very short, level walk to Bugis Junction and there are two hawkers food markets within 100 metres of the hotel for travellers who wish to experience inexpensive lunches and dinners,
* The selection of hot breakfast items was again excellent,
* The free wi-fi in the rooms seemed to be relatively fast, and
* Check in and check out was fast and efficient.

A few minor quibbles for travellers to note:
* No hand towels were provided in the bathroom,
* The luggage storage is quite limited for two suitcases - fortunately the beds have clear space under them and I ended putting my travel pack under my bed so we could more around the room without tripping over our luggage,
* The housekeeping staff put (and kept returning) the room bin to a very narrow slot between the clothes hanging doorless "closet" and the "bookcase" where the kettle is. We moved the bin to the other side of "closet" so our shirts would not be splashed by tea bags being put in the bin, but housekeeping kept putting it back,
* While free tea and coffee is provided the supplies were somewhat miserly - only two coffee sachets and two tea bags each day. Luckily one of us drank tea and the other coffee,
* The four lifts still serve every floor so sometimes there can be quite a wait for a lift. This could be easily be addressed by making at least one lift an "express" lift to service floors 10 and above, and
* The hotel had run out of the EZ link cards which are advertised on the website as being included in the room, so we had to purchase these at Bugis MRT station.

At about $200AUD (including breakfast for 2 people) we thought the Ibis Bencoolen is excellent value and I would be very happy to stay here again.

TC

2  Thank ThinController

Dear TC,
I am glad to hear that you had yet another great stay with us since 2010 and I very much appreciate that you note the changes of the in-room facilities as well as the extra benefits we offered.
We are in the midst of changing all our beds to the ibis Sweet bed which, you will find the mattress much softer and extra room for luggage storage under the bed.
Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience with our housekeeping service, rest assured that I will highlight this matter to our Housekeeping team for their immediate follow up.
Pertaining to your comment on the EZ-link card, I am sorry that you did not get to enjoy the service as we were overwhelmed by rising demands; we have doubled up the orders and I hope that you will be able to enjoy it during your next visit.
Once again, thank you for your great review and I look forward to welcoming you back at the ibis Bencoolen soon!