“First great experience”

Ranked #61 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“First great experience”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Great location, short walking distance to bugis areas. Short mrt or bus ride to orchard road.
Good facilities with free phone and international/local calls, free bicycle ride, warm staff, clean room, unlimited refill of clean distill water. Excellence experience. Surely will come back and recommend friends!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

ibisBencoolen, Quality Services at Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Hui T,
Thank you for recognizing our hard work and it’s really great to see the efforts paid off during your recent stay with us.
I am glad you enjoyed the room amenities as well as the hotel facilities and we can’t wait to welcome you back at the ibis Singapore on Bencoolen!
Alison-Quality Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (647)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We got a great rate for the Ibis, and were a bit worried that there was a reason why it was going to be so cheap. However, we really enjoyed our 3 night stay, and this will now be our hotel of choice in Singapore. The staff were excellent, the rooms spotlessly clean and it was also quieter than we expected. Our room on the 15th floor had a nice view looking back towards Fort Canning Park.

Hotel is a short walk to Bugis Junction and there are loads of cheap places to eat, a hawker food market, little restaurants etc all serving good food nearby. There is also a 24 hour 7Eleven next door to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank norfolkjill
ibisBencoolen, Quality Services at Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear norfolkjill,

Thank you very much for sharing your stay experience here on TripAdvisor with other travelers. It is delightful to hear that the hotel rate we offered is of excellent value and that we are now your hotel of choice in Singapore.

I hope you have tried out most of our famous local food otherwise our ibis Bencoolen's ambassador; Ben Cool has been sharing what and where to eat around the hotel on our FB page.

Once again thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed here in may 2014 for 4 night with my wife and a 3 year old son on 11th floor. The location is great close to some of the convenient stores (cheers, 7/11). There are also a local food (Albert food court) and some restaurants that opened till late. It just 5-10 minutes walk to Bugis MRT plus a bus stop in front of the hotel, plus the free shuttle to USS from across the hotel(remember to get the confirmation letter from the front desk).

The room was "Very Clean" (from bedsheets to bathroom), no musty or other funny smell I guess they must have cleaned the air con. filter regularly since we could not open the window. The bed was really comfortable. My wife really like the body soap as it didn't leave her skin dry. The "3g smartphone" was really handy, it saved me from buying a Singapore sim card.

The room maybe a bit small for a family but we didn't really bother by it as we usually stayed out for a whole day came back just to have a good sleep, and it is IBIS so don't expect for luxury.
Overall we enjoyed our stayed in Ibis Bencoolen, would definitely book again for our next visit to Singpaore.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cloud7879
ibisBencoolen, Quality Services at Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Cloud7879,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at the ibis Bencoolen! We appreciate every feedback our guests share with us and I am happy to know that the hotel’s convenient location, very clean room, comfortable bed and the ‘3G Smartphone’, which gives you access to unlimited internet and unlimited international and local calls to 26 countries made up a great stay for you and your family.
It is great to hear that your wife likes the organic orange extract shower gel, which is a favourite of mine too! It is now purchasable at the reception if you would like to bring one home.
Thank you again for your review and I hope to see you soon during your next visit to ibis Singapore on Bencoolen!
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 weeks on business, client asked me to stay another fortnight so I rebooked the Ibis - simply because this hotel ticks all the boxes.
Good central location & MRT 5 mins walk. Several food courts and dozens of interesting restaurants nearby. Excellent steak & chips in restaurant. VERY clean rooms, fairly quiet at night, fast internet, helpful staff.
Surprisingly you will get a better price from 3rd party internet booking, and in my opinion the 'upgrade' is (like most Singapore offers) not worth it. You can pay a hell of a lot more to stay in swankier hotels, and not get much better in return.
I recommend the high floors (15th is good) because window not overlooked by adjoining buildings & the beds are firmer - also the others on this floor are quieter (maybe some kind of hotel policy?)

Room Tip: Go HIGH, even if it means NOT having the upgrade room (they are all the same inside)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank me-myself-i-tp
ibisBencoolen, Quality Services at Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear me-myself-i-tp,
It is great to know that you were satisfied with your long stay and continued with another 2-weeks extension!
If you are a gym person and would like to stay connected all the while, our room upgrade includes these 2, which you will have a full access to all sessions at California Fitness at Bugis Junction and, a free use of “3G Smartphone” that gives you access to unlimited internet and unlimited local and international calls to selected 26 countries.
Thank you for choosing to stay at the ibis Singapore on Bencoolen and I hope to be of service to you in the near future.

Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Was in Singapore for 2 days and chose to stay on the Ibis. I booked it really cheap on a sale and was hoping I was going to get good value for money. On arriving to the hotel it is very modern, restaurant and lobby downstairs very clean and immediately I knew it would be a good stay. I went to my room, it was smallish but more than comfortable with all the mod cons and a really comfortable bed. I had a room which looked out over the city which was nice. The food at the restaurant was nice - was a little expensive. They had free wifi and ipads in the lobby for guests to use if they brought nothing wifi compatible with them... Bus stop right outside and Bugis MRT station only a 5 minute walk away. From the airport on the MRT it took about 20 mins to get to Bugis station. To get to the sights like Marina Bay it is a short ride on the MRT. I would stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank rl_referre
Dear rl_referre,
I am glad that your stay was an enjoyable one and we are able to meet your expectations.
During your next visit, feel free to approach our front desk and they will be more than happy to show you around the city.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to ibis Bencoolen soon.